Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

7 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Let's face it they are going to be saved, bastards 🙄

If you look at the squad they have now left with I cant see anyone paying about ÂŁ7million to get the club (including legal and admin fees) plus putting another ÂŁ5 million to keep them going for 2 years - only a braindead fan of theirs would risk that outlay

Not convinced by that statement as he says, "it's just a case of them putting their hands in their pockets" This has been the situation for weeks now if not most of the period they've been in admin.

The efl may give them a couple of weeks to get a deal done whereby they postpone Wigan's games and they catch up should a buyer be found.

28 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

Not convinced by that statement as he says, "it's just a case of them putting their hands in their pockets" This has been the situation for weeks now if not most of the period they've been in admin.

The efl may give them a couple of weeks to get a deal done whereby they postpone Wigan's games and they catch up should a buyer be found.

That is a long way removed from the position we were in when we got our notice from the EFL 

If Krasner has not provided evidence of either a preferred purchaser or that they the admins can fund the club for the season at yesterdays meeting  they should be issuing similar to Wigan .

Might then focus minds

Failure to do so brings the Integrity of both the League and the Carabou Cup into question. 

Below is the statement the EFL Issued to us 

“As per the league’s Articles of Association, this will now give the club 14 days (11.59pm on September 12, 2019) to meet all outstanding requirements of the league’s insolvency policy or its membership in the EFL will be withdrawn.

“In respect of the situation at Bolton Wanderers, the administrators now have this period of time to successfully conclude a change of control with a preferred purchaser, or provide sufficient evidence that they are in a position to fund the club for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign.”

3 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If you look at the squad they have now left with I cant see anyone paying about ÂŁ7million to get the club (including legal and admin fees) plus putting another ÂŁ5 million to keep them going for 2 years - only a braindead fan of theirs would risk that outlay

I am firmly in this camp, Krasner is a blagger and a bad one at that, inner ring, outer ring, ring piece more like. 

They may survive this but the oversized version of this tinpot club with the sum total of 42 years in the league is gone.

Their boastfulness and designs on the upper hand are a thing of the past.

There's an 80s song that used to drift menacingly from the Manny Road North to the Embankment when Wigan sneaked into town. It springs to mind now to sum up the way they are rapidly adopting their former persona ..."Run, run, run, run Wigan. Run, run, run, run Wigan."

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He's wierdly similar to Ken Anderson, looks as odd as him and sounds as unconvincing and sly.

A great reminder, as if we needed one, of how far we've come with who's steering our ship now, in comparison not only to Wigan but a few other clubs too.

Said that myself - pisses in the same pot as tanky

They are not happy on their forum

7 minutes ago

New #697
The only thing that's close is a deal for Morsy - https://www.footballinsider247.com/...t-sights-on-signing-wigan-athletic-28-yr-old/ - this is the final nail that will close
the coffin lid !
Agree, what assets have we got,
we are nowhere near ready for the NWCL never mind L1.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Are they getting flushed today? 🙏

I think the only sound Wiginn fans will hear today is deathly silence - from the admins.

As far as i'm aware they haven't even got a preferred bidder + no one has paid the ÂŁ100k required by the administrators.

I seem to remember it took us ages to get the deal with FV finalised.

Krasner thinks it can be done in a week.

Yeh right.

The EFL won't wait indefinitely.

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Just spoken to EFL over iFollow and I asked about Wigan during the conversation. Bloke said they are treating them the same as Bolton last season and letting them start the season with a good chance that someone will buy them

Aye yeah, EFL just give out high level details about shit like it's to anyone over the phone. 

I bet kick off time was confedential