Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

3 hours ago, emus wig said:

Just sold Kieffer Moore for £2m to QPR seems a lot for that stump .

He's definitely not a stump.  I thought they'd signed a dud for a couple of months (hoping) but he's proved himself a proper striker, scored some great goals.  Glad they only got £2mil for him and that they wont be able to replace him next season.

EFL - have got a massive decision to make.

They obviously thought that Wigan would achieve enough points to not drop even with -12 deduction.

The time scale before the new season starts , puts the whole thing into a mess.

Wigan will appeal , and the process  will take alot longer than 10 weeks.

Boltys law suit against the individual who posted on the BN website will be sorted sooner.

Or he may revert to old style justice and jump on a plane.

We live in historic times.

Just happy BWFC are looking like moving in the right direction at last

Wigan are more likely to take legal action if the EFL shift the goalposts just as they're threatening to avoid relegation.

They were told its -12 if they finish outside the 3 relegation spots.  It looks likely that they'll survive now by finishing 15 points or so above the line.  They've still got to shift an awful lot of wages yet so could be doomed next season anyway.

The EFL will fudge the Sheffield Wednesday issue.  Either deduct them an amount of points so as not to effect the relegation places or a suspended sentence.

53 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Wigan are more likely to take legal action if the EFL shift the goalposts just as they're threatening to avoid relegation.

They were told its -12 if they finish outside the 3 relegation spots.  It looks likely that they'll survive now by finishing 15 points or so above the line.  They've still got to shift an awful lot of wages yet so could be doomed next season anyway.

The EFL will fudge the Sheffield Wednesday issue.  Either deduct them an amount of points so as not to effect the relegation places or a suspended sentence.

They’re only 10 points clear with 1 game to go, would be some going to finish 15 points clear!

4 minutes ago, embankment said:

Fulham win and there is a chance of automatic promotion.

Yes, and that's great news - it's pretty much a must win for both sides. I'd expect Fulham to turn Wigan over to be honest, but it'll be close

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Yes, and that's great news - it's pretty much a must win for both sides. I'd expect Fulham to turn Wigan over to be honest, but it'll be close

The squad seeing players sold and leaving the club could galvanise them, I’m hoping that it’ll be a rats deserting a sinking ship moment though and a 0-3 Fulham win. 

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Relegation position is as clear as mud.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53484188

It does however confirm that after the games tomorrow night wigan will get a 12 point deduction. 

I believe any disciplinary process or similar is open to appeal. End of the day though this one of going to stand. By a similar argument we didn’t know what sweaty was going to do with our club and nor did the efl  so could we have appealed ours? Yes we could of but what’s the point. Waste of money for the pie eaters. 

Bye bye wigan enjoy league one and the embargo and playing the kids every week 

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It does however confirm that after the games tomorrow night wigan will get a 12 point deduction. 

I believe any disciplinary process or similar is open to appeal. End of the day though this one of going to stand. By a similar argument we didn’t know what sweaty was going to do with our club and nor did the efl  so could we have appealed ours? Yes we could of but what’s the point. Waste of money for the pie eaters. 

Bye bye wigan enjoy league one and the embargo and playing the kids every week 

Yes, w/e from tomorrow, Wigan will be -12 points from wherever they finish after the match. I personally don't think they have a realistic chance of avoiding the points deduction on appeal. If they survive notwithstanding the points deduction, there would be no point appealing it of course.

The position with Sheff Weds is a little concerning though. I recall that Birmingham were deducted 9 points in the Championship for breaching profitability and sustainability rules. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sheff could get the same punishment (if found guilty). If Wigan draw tomomorrow, they would finish on 47 points after the deduction. Sheff Weds are currently on 56 points, which is only 9 points ahead of that. Sheff also have a worse goal difference than Wigan. Sheff could really do with picking up a point against Middlesbrough... 

Fingers crossed though, it's all academic and Wigan lose and Derby/Sheff Weds are either found not guilty or just get a small points deduction or fine. We can then wave as we swap leagues with Wigan next season. 

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

Yes, w/e from tomorrow, Wigan will be -12 points from wherever they finish after the match. I personally don't think they have a realistic chance of avoiding the points deduction on appeal. If they survive notwithstanding the points deduction, there would be no point appealing it of course.

The position with Sheff Weds is a little concerning though. I recall that Birmingham were deducted 9 points in the Championship for breaching profitability and sustainability rules. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sheff could get the same punishment (if found guilty). If Wigan draw tomomorrow, they would finish on 47 points after the deduction. Sheff Weds are currently on 56 points, which is only 9 points ahead of that. Sheff also have a worse goal difference than Wigan. Sheff could really do with picking up a point against Middlesbrough... 

Fingers crossed though, it's all academic and Wigan lose and Derby/Sheff Weds are either found not guilty or just get a small points deduction or fine. We can then wave as we swap leagues with Wigan next season. 

Yeah sheff weds could be the fly in the ointment. And as you point out wigan could stay up anyway and it all be irrelevant. 

I think when brum got 9 points that number ensured there was no effect on relegation places. I suspect they may do something similar with sheff weds but if wigan lose then 9 points would be by bet as would solve the issue for the efl and not have sheff weds sueing then. 

all deductions should be standard. You break FFP you get x points. Whether a pound over or 59mil over. Take away all this confusion and have it clear in black and white. 

Well he got rid of Salford as he didn’t want / couldn’t fund it anymore so let him crack on. A month in with their Payroll figures and he’ll be gone 

Wigan are similar to Salford in the fact they generate so little income they’re always living beyond their means 

29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If its Koukash, its a strange one. He tried to get the fanbase up at Salford with no success, RL was salary capped so difficult to gauge how much of his money he was putting in. He will try the same at Wiggin, but doubt he will have any success. 

He gave up on salford like you say after repeatedly moaning about attendances. Which he will have at Wigan. He spent a fair chunk personally funding it and was very hands on in terms of player recruitment and going after big names on big money. Just that wigan need 😂

13 hours ago, Escobarp said:

He gave up on salford like you say after repeatedly moaning about attendances. Which he will have at Wigan. He spent a fair chunk personally funding it and was very hands on in terms of player recruitment and going after big names on big money. Just that wigan need 😂

It’s a strange one if he’s interested in Wigan as he’s a big Saints fan and rugby league is his first love. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s a strange one if he’s interested in Wigan as he’s a big Saints fan and rugby league is his first love. 

I’m a salford supporter so had to put up with the fallout of the Koukash rants about crowds and then the state he left the club in. 

fortunately the new ownership model and management of the club has been first class. I’m hoping if he does by wigan , doubtful, that he leaves them on a worse state. 

but I can’t see him buying them 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m a salford supporter so had to put up with the fallout of the Koukash rants about crowds and then the state he left the club in. 

fortunately the new ownership model and management of the club has been first class. I’m hoping if he does by wigan , doubtful, that he leaves them on a worse state. 

but I can’t see him buying them 

Salford’s my rugby team also, sadly I’m really shit fan though but have a real soft spot for the club as I used to go now and again in the 70s.

Anyhow I’m not to fussed about who takes over Wigan as long as they go back to their natural level which is playing Chorley for their local derby.