Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Delusions of grandeur that mob for no reason whatsoever 

I’m under no illusions that we were saved due to the ‘assets’ the club has. Granted theirs aren’t too bad (majority ownership of the ground etc) but that’s where the similarities end 

far bigger and more stable support base for us, we were already under a huge cost cutting exercise under KA. They’re nowhere near doing that. The ask of any prospective new owners over there is bankrolling or asset stripping straight away. In the 3rd division. With poor crowds etc. We’d hit rock bottom and the only way was up. They’ve some way to go to get there yet and no one will want to steer them through that 

as attractive as Bury when you break it down really 

A massive part of our salvation was Michael James, I doubt they have anyone of that ilk unless wonky leg throws his pension pot at it. 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Hopefully Long John Whelan will catch covid in his other peg!

He’s going nowhere near this sinking ship. He will make some noises about supporting them where possible but he’s putting fuck all in. Not a hope 

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s going nowhere near this sinking ship. He will make some noises about supporting them where possible but he’s putting fuck all in. Not a hope 

Think it became abundantly clear to the Whelans when he handed it over to his nephew that without the senile owd twat funding it it was only a matter of time before this happened 

they got out for a reason.. 

Edited by barrycowdrill

21 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

whelan will step in at the last minuite. paying minimum price ,pie eaters not going bust.

He’s already said he is to old, spunking money week in week out when your 83 and without a big money making business to fund it ain’t happening. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s already said he is to old, spunking money week in week out when your 83 and without a big money making business to fund it ain’t happening. 

Also the price isn’t the issue here. You can but this for fuck all. But you’ve got to then deal with the football creditors and then fund the 10m a season losses until you can clear everyone out.

very few of their players are going to walk into new clubs on same level of contracts so wigan will need to make an ongoing contribution to wages so this thing will take a while to unravel. All the time they get shitter and shitter and crowds get smaller and smaller. Sounds wonderful 😁

Flush  the toilet now 

The fact the season isn't starting until mid Sept buys them a bit of time to have a fire sale of players, but you need genuine and determined buyers whilst that is happening. We had that with MJ and SB but will Wigan find those type of buyers, imo Unlikely.

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

I'm enjoying this immensely. When we were going through our turmoils a Wigan fan at work was asking me all sorts of question. But beyond his "concern" I could read his eyes and he was secretly enjoying what looked like our inevitable demise. Anyway, he was feeling really positive yesterday when the prefererd bidder talks were happening. I told him, through our experience, not to count his chickens.  But he wasn't having anything of it. I'm hoping they get erased off the football map. But I know deep down they will probably pull something out of the hat. I will be happy if they go through just half of what we went through. Cuntz!

I would just like to point out that this is the same Wigan fan who sincerely said, just after their fa cup final win, that Bolton fans would love to have the history that Wigan Athletic has.

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Gives me a lovely warm feeling inside. Every step of their demise will be welcomed greatly in to my house and should be mirrored in every BWFC fans homes 

had a little bit of empathy for the shakers but it was still amusing even though we were bang in the shit. This is 100% joyous 

Great post, absolutely where i'm at.

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

A massive part of our salvation was Michael James, I doubt they have anyone of that ilk unless wonky leg throws his pension pot at it. 

Spot on. No Michael James last year = no BWFC.

The mans a legend imo.

This guy doesn’t live in Chorley does he?Used work with one very bitter pie-eater from there .He was a whopper .Hated us with a passion .Years ago when they signed David Lee from us he went on & on about how shite Lee was & that  the Latic’s shouldn’t sign ex Boltoners.

I wrote a letter to Wigan Observer (in his name) lauding the abilities & professional attitude of David Lee & they published it .He went apoplectic.Everyone at work was in on the joke .

56 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

The fact the season isn't starting until mid Sept buys them a bit of time to have a fire sale of players, but you need genuine and determined buyers whilst that is happening. We had that with MJ and SB but will Wigan find those type of buyers, imo Unlikely.

But possibly no fans until October That’s potentially another 2 months of salaries to fund. 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

30m to the owner at least as he’s lent them the money plus ordinary and football creditors. Got to be looking at 35m surely 

I cant see anybody with that kind of money wanting to get involved especially with crowds of 7000 and less next season.

Feel quite conflicted about the whole Wigan situation to be honest, I know exactly how their fans feel right now and I get a bit giddy laughing at them because they laughed at us, and I honestly fucking hate Wigan, their fans on social media and the ones I've met personally are generally a bunch of bellends.

However, I can't say I'd want to see them go pop, I'd much rather pass them on the way up the leagues and give them a few thrashings. I won't lose any sleep if they do cease to exist but I think having Bury and Wigan disappear within a short timeframe would be an extremely worrying sign for North West all football clubs that aren't guaranteed PL football forever. All it takes is one bad owner and decades of history can be thrown into chaos.

Long live Queen Shaz and her pile of money, that's all I can say.

2 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

What we were suffering last summer was the worst football experience I've ever been through. Instead of getting empathy from Wigan supporters we got them taking fucking photos of themselves outside our ground revelling in our misery and at that time possible demise.

When they sang Bolton's going bust at our place it was loud because it was all of them singing it not just a handful of them, all of them.

So if it was any other club I'd agree with you but not Wigan.

Amen. You reap what you sew. 

people claim there’s a silly ‘minority’ within the fan base of every football club. Sorry, it wasn’t the minority of those wankers who wanted us gone it was pretty much all of em. If the worst had come to the worst they would have lapped it up. Songs, flags the fucking lot. 

i have no sympathy for any fuckers who have made it their mission to hate us and revel in every negative result we have, any relegation, every news article. Some of them even tipped up taking the piss on that TV broadcast outside the ground. 

for all of that, fuck every single one of them and I sincerely hope the worst possible outcome is landed on their toes. Whatever that may be. If they don’t suffer in the same way we have and end up where we are If not worse I’ll be mightily pissed off 

Some of them on that Latics Speak forum are in for one hell of a reality check any day now. Still talking about being a Championship sude next season, re signing out of contract players, holding onto some etc. Penny has dropped for one or two but they being called out as doom merchants.

Will love it when reality bites. That train is coming down the tracks you scruffy set of Bolton hating scumbags

28 minutes ago, snowball said:

Some of them on that Latics Speak forum are in for one hell of a reality check any day now. Still talking about being a Championship sude next season, re signing out of contract players, holding onto some etc. Penny has dropped for one or two but they being called out as doom merchants.

Will love it when reality bites. That train is coming down the tracks you scruffy set of Bolton hating scumbags

Just had a read of the comments on there; some are blaming Whelan for the situation they are in. FFS without him they would have never been above League 2 and probably been non league for the last 20 years