Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

5 hours ago, Mantra said:

From Tics Speyk a year ago ::lol::. I'm now on the side of fuck 'em.

"The new Wanderers FC of Bolton the latest tenants at Leigh Sports Village."

"Having worked there, and been amongst it all...amongst people who think they have a divine right to be considered a big club because of achievements from the black and white days of Lofthouse, and who clearly have a big chip on their shoulder about Wigan Athletic, you could say I am rather bitter about them. Even yesterday, posting online comments about Bury "Hope they survive"...what about their own club? Just arrogant to the end...or not, as it is apparent. You know what, fellas? Until the day comes when our club faces them again on a football field, hopefully many years off, I just want to totally forget about the dodgy bastard, shady dealing no marks. They could land in a swimming pool of shit, and come out smelling of roses. Just unbelievable whats happened of late with the EFL helping them out so much. Absolutely scandalous, and leaves a really bad taste. If I wasn't a Latics supporter, but was one of these floating casual football fans, I would walk away from the game. But as best as I can manage now, I am going to do my damnedest to forget all about Bolton Fuckin Wanderers. I hope they still end up going tits up."

"They deserved to be docked 6 points in the week and still hopefully will.But as tough as it is supporting tics at the moment we aren't bottom of League 1,at least 15 points from safety having just lost 7-1 to Accrington Stanley!?"

"Because if your are Bury or Macc you do not matter but if you're Bolton you do. Corrupt and rotten to the core. Macc need to appeal and make a big noise. Those dates between offence and punishment are astonishing too compared to the Horwich cheats too."

😂😂😂

Sorry I know someone posted a link to this forum so dno if this is a repeat post but thought some might get a tickle from these particular quotes.

I find all that very amusing, his dislike for us gives me a warm glow of satisfaction that we irritate the shit out of him.  Ex employee he may be, if he is it looks like we upset the poor soul eh 🙂 

In the meantime there still doesn't appear to be any update from the admins re a takeover. I would have thought if there was any good news the admins would put it out there. Something like talks with a potential buyer are at an advanced stage more to follow blah blah.

I can't find jack shit and imo no news is bad news.

• Site Supporter

Keep saying it, nobody is pumping money into a 3rd division club that's losing money hand over fist. They need to sell as many first team players as possible and get the wage bill greatly reduced before anyone buys them.

Look how hard it was for us to get a buyer. Sure we had more debts than them and a crap squad where we had nobody to sell but it's a similar theme. There's nobody with pots of cash for them. Sensible business people maybe like FV but sensible business people don't want a £19m payroll on £10m income or whatever they are at

I suspect I'm not the only one on here but I remember when football fans attended games and didn't have a clue who the owners were and didn't care. I think Gordon Hargreaves was the first time I'd ever heard of anyone in a suit upstairs at Bolton. It was all so simple then from a fans perspective.

Anyway like you say BD buyers who are prepared to throw cash into a money pit are getting rare and it's probably because of the emotional attachment from Mike James that we are still here.

That's crap news.  Seems cruel to tell a club they are starting in a lower division in a few weeks time with less TV money etc yet with players contracts already signed based on EFL income and sponsorship.

One less 'derby' for us but not likely to impact away trips this season.

38 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Now that is unfair and I hope Mac have the resources to take matters further. Every time the EFL make a decision these days it seems to be a bad one. Sue the arse off them Macc.

It was the result of an EFL appeal against the original suspension of points.  Final and binding decision.  I can't imagine they've got a leg to stand on.

We stopped there on the way to Wembley for the Watford play off (knew somebody there).  Watched the City-Gillingham play off in a decent pub, there were plenty others from what I remember on the main street, decent crack.  No idea where the ground is in relation to it though.  And Macclesfield would have been better.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We stopped there on the way to Wembley for the Watford play off (knew somebody there).  Watched the City-Gillingham play off in a decent pub, there were plenty others from what I remember on the main street, decent crack.  No idea where the ground is in relation to it though.  And Macclesfield would have been better.

Went into the Torch at Wembley before the Stevenage-Barrow match in 2010, must admit for southerners, they were a sound bunch.

It seems potential buyers are circumventing paying the £100k by just asking relevant questions and doing due diligence anyway.

If the efl have agreed to them starting the season in admin then everyone involved must be confident that a takeover will happen. Similar to us last season.

13 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That would be Stevenage Old Town, the main part of the town doesn't have any decent boozers. It's about 1.5 miles from the Old Town High Street to the ground. Stevenage really is a shithole  -  far better drinking in London and then getting the train up for the game, and then back out again as soon as you can

Apparently these Americans that were supposed to be interested in Wigan are time wasters nearly another week gone and no end in sight sounds very familiar at least we had FV who had been hanging around well before admin and had MJ on board who is a Bolton fan so they had a good idea of what was involved Wigan don’t seem to have any long term interest

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

There seems to be a bit of a panic at Charlton ....

Aye, just had a quick read, it seems they have to find new owners before the season kicks off or they will be kicked out of the league.

That's the situation I thought Wigan were in until this morning's announcement.

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

Aye, just had a quick read, it seems they have to find new owners before the season kicks off or they will be kicked out of the league.

That's the situation I thought Wigan were in until this morning's announcement.

I am inclined to think the Administrator at Wigan is putting a very positive spin on matters in his statement. 

Its one thing saying a club can start a season in Administration , but before that happens the EFL will want evidence they are likely to complete the season. 

Without a prospective buyer at a reasonably advanced stage of negotiations soon , I dont think that will be happening 

Edited by Benny The Ball