Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

1CgJ7BoK_bigger.jpg

BIG NEWS

Make a note in your calendar...

𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙎 𝙍𝙀𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝘼𝘿𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙐𝙍𝙎𝘿𝘼𝙔. I'm working to find out more, but it suggests a huge announcement is coming. More to follow.

Eyes

2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

1CgJ7BoK_bigger.jpg

BIG NEWS

Make a note in your calendar...

𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙎 𝙍𝙀𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝘼𝘿𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙐𝙍𝙎𝘿𝘼𝙔. I'm working to find out more, but it suggests a huge announcement is coming. More to follow.

Eyes

Pies have arrived

Seems Wigan’s last owner was looking at putting them in admin before they bought the club, Wigan fans seem to be saying that it’s further prove EFL didn’t conduct fit and proper person test and shouldn’t have allowed him to take over, not sure how that helps them but they think it might lead to another enquiry and possible over turning of the 12 points, but without a new owner it all is academical anyhow, that’s how I see it. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Seems Wigan’s last owner was looking at putting them in admin before they bought the club, Wigan fans seem to be saying that it’s further prove EFL didn’t conduct fit and proper person test and shouldn’t have allowed him to take over, not sure how that helps them but they think it might lead to another enquiry and possible over turning of the 12 points, but without a new owner it all is academical anyhow, that’s how I see it. 

Yet they scoffed at KA passing the “fit and proper” test.

fuck ‘em!

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don't think the EFL had much (any) power to do anything about that. It wasn't done at the time of the takeover, but at the time of an internal transfer of shares between Choi and Kay. That was well after the takeover between EIC and Next Leader Fund had taken place.

They've no chance with any appeal on the points deduction but I'm sure they'll find a buyer before the deadline.  I've no real reason to think this, other than life is rarely that kind.  They'll get out of it and continue to be a pain in the arse 

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

They've no chance with any appeal on the points deduction but I'm sure they'll find a buyer before the deadline.  I've no real reason to think this, other than life is rarely that kind.  They'll get out of it and continue to be a pain in the arse 

I can’t see them getting a buyer, the 25 million to the Hong Kong guy needs settling plus other football creditors in full. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I can’t see them getting a buyer. 

Nixon is tweeting that the potential "buyer " showed round the stadium recently is Gauthier Ganaye - he is currently President of KV Oostende  in  Belgium and formerly same with Nice and Barnsley. 

Nixon says he's a front man for potential buyer

Interesting that Roberto Martinez is current manager of Belgium and that link ties back to Swansea ex owner Huw Jenkins - the two seem to be still on very good terms -  so maybe something in it ?  

4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I want more players to leave.As of today 8 of their starting 11 that beat Hull 8-0 are still at the club

From a sporting perspective and to ensure they have a worse team, we want their decent players to leave.  But presumably that increases their chance of survival, so the club will want them to leave too.  I don't personally want them to disappear, but respect others that do.  I'd prefer to watch their slow/fast decline on the field, I don't want to miss the sheer joy I'll get when we overtake them in a year or 2.