Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

1 hour ago, leigh white said:

I can't think of one rock band from Stoke, at least B/Pool had a few.

Lemmy born in Burslem . . , so thats Motorhead.

Slash's Snake Pit.

Its a bit of a leap of faith.

Born in London.

But from the age of 3months lived in Stoke.

Before his mum moved in with David Bowie and jumped ship to the USA.

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m still not convinced they’ll be bought. 

As far as I know no one has paid the money to even look at the books yet. 

Season starts in about 3 weeks going to be tight. EFL will only let them start season if they have credible plan and buyers have proof of funds to keep them going. It is going to be tight and invariably with these things they get sorted. Bury were fucked by their owner who was also a creditor fucking about a bit like Ken. Without that block I think probably be tight but something will happen to keep them going. 

24 minutes ago, Ani said:

As far as I know no one has paid the money to even look at the books yet. 

Season starts in about 3 weeks going to be tight. EFL will only let them start season if they have credible plan and buyers have proof of funds to keep them going. It is going to be tight and invariably with these things they get sorted. Bury were fucked by their owner who was also a creditor fucking about a bit like Ken. Without that block I think probably be tight but something will happen to keep them going. 

If I remember rightly we had to show funds for trading for 2 years settle all football debts 100% pay all non football debt at 35%. That’s a tidy sum of money that needs to be shown upfront, if no one has paid the 100k to see the books then they are far from getting a buyer. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Probably both mates from your time at the swamp. Ashcroft is ‘massive’ man ure fan

Once saw him at the MEN as the warm up act for Coldplay (I know, I know) and he put on the fakest Manc accent heard since the last train to London from Piccadilly on a Saturday. He's from Upholland FFS so even saying he's from Wigan is a stretch.

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Its getting close to Bassini time ..........

23 hours ago, Escobarp said:

The fact he’s not been sniffing around tells you just how shit this really must be 

Bassini said no

Bassini said no-o-o

How shit are Wigan?

Bassini said no.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If I remember rightly we had to show funds for trading for 2 years settle all football debts 100% pay all non football debt at 35%. That’s a tidy sum of money that needs to be shown upfront, if no one has paid the 100k to see the books then they are far from getting a buyer. 

The 100k was a deposit for exclusivity wasn't it?  I imagine one or two have already gone through the books and now yon Chinese mon has written off the main debt, someone will step in.

Hope I'm wrong like but I think they're safe now. 

Just now, Duck Egg said:

The 100k was a deposit for exclusivity wasn't it?  I imagine one or two have already gone through the books and now yon Chinese mon has written off the main debt, someone will step in.

Hope I'm wrong like but I think they're safe now. 

The 100k is For exclusivity and is completely non refundable. So whatever happens or whatever they find the 100k is sunk. Which will put folk off. But I’m with you they will find someone. Just whether it happens in time for them to start season and on that basis they need to treat wigan same as bury and us and issue the 14 day notice at some point which will really put cat amongst pigeons 

Just now, awandering said:

I think they will allow them to call off the first few games as that is what they allowed for Bury so probably looking mid September before they get the 14 day notice. 

Pretty difficult season to squeeze in 5 extra midweek games!

13 minutes ago, awandering said:

I think they will allow them to call off the first few games as that is what they allowed for Bury so probably looking mid September before they get the 14 day notice. 

The problem with that is the Carabao Cup starts in 2 weeks, the fourth round is played within 6 weeks. There's nowhere to fit those games in waiting for Wigan!

A decision will be imminent from the EFL.

In fact, press the button today :)

38 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

The problem with that is the Carabao Cup starts in 2 weeks, the fourth round is played within 6 weeks. There's nowhere to fit those games in waiting for Wigan!

A decision will be imminent from the EFL.

In fact, press the button today :)

Burys Carabao Cup match was called off by the EFL on the 8th september and was due to be played on the 13th.

Wigans match is due to be played on 5th september , therefore would expect it called off on 31st August , except that is a bank holiday , therefore probably be called off next friday 28th August. 

EFL also issued 14 day notice to Bury of withdrawal of League membership on same day ( 8th August ) , it had originally been issued on 25th July but was initially issued and  suspended 

So If they are consistent something will happen next week