Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Apparently the administrator Gerald Krasner is now taking legal action over allegations posted on social media yesterday 

A link to that is here https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-administrator-taking-legal-action-over-serious-allegation-2950605

The comments he has taken issue with are below - Jonathon Jackson is/ was   Chief Executive of Wigan Athletic 

Leneghan owns Wigan Warriors 

Reading the comments from the fans saying they won't be going if the rugby own the stadium. Fuck me they are close to not having a club and the thick bastards are still complaining. Should be doing cartwheels in the street that somebody wants to buy the tinpot outfit. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Euxton - rumoured to be going to Preston 

Hemmings might bide his time until residential planning is approved.

PNE have recently had plans passed for a new training ground closer to home.

Might be wrong with that last bit now I think of it. They were wanting a bigger development so Euxton might fit the bill better than their proposed site.

Edited by Steejay

• Moderators

Remember when we were waist deep in shit and Nixon was fucking reveling in it, despite knowing fuck all. Then all the parties involved leaking information left, right and centre (including on here). Then we ended up with Ken... Pass me the popcorn!

14 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

Wigan was a rugby town with no real football heritage when Wigan Borough became founder members of Div 3N in 1921. The placed was not earned as Wigan United /Wigan Association / Wigan Borough (three names in one season) finished 17th of 18 clubs in the Lancashire Combination in 1919-20. Champions for the first time were Chorley. The FA simply wanted to invade RL territory as they had previously done with Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield and Bradford.

RL fans had no time for football clubs in the town.

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

43 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Euxton - rumoured to be going to Preston 

36 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Hemmings might bide his time until residential planning is approved.

PNE have recently had plans passed for a new training ground closer to home.

Might be wrong with that last bit now I think of it. They were wanting a bigger development so Euxton might fit the bill better than their proposed site.

Is Hemmings still involved with Chorley as well?

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Apparently the administrator Gerald Krasner is now taking legal action over allegations posted on social media yesterday 

A link to that is here https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-administrator-taking-legal-action-over-serious-allegation-2950605

The comments he has taken issue with are below - Jonathon Jackson is/ was   Chief Executive of Wigan Athletic 

Leneghan owns Wigan Warriors 

Jackson will ask supporters to buy £500 bonds so he can buy the stadium...

Think I’ll sneak in with £4k bid, just to outbid his maximum. 

I reckon I could get a profit in scrap steel.

22 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

Lets Hope these new american owners read these comments and with their Football League golden share in hand ,do something for the greater good of the game

Relocate them to Gigg Lane - and once there - change their name to Bury FC 

and consign the name Wigan Athletic where it belongs -  to the History books along with Wigan Borough and the other failed football clubs from the town 

That will shut em up - they'd be proper dead and Bury'd ! 

5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Lets Hope these new american owners read these comments and with their Football League golden share in hand ,do something for the greater good of the game

Relocate them to Gigg Lane - and once there - change their name to Bury FC 

and consign the name Wigan Athletic where it belongs -  to the History books along with Wigan Borough and the other failed football clubs from the town 

That will shut em up - they'd be proper dead and Bury'd ! 

If they do get saved, convinced they’ll be playing in Leigh. 

37 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

A friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to work in the commercial department for both Wigan Rugby and Wigan Athletic. He told be that in the ticket office it wasn't unusual for rugby fans to say that they would only sit in a red seat and football fans only wanting a pay for a blue seat

57 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Wigan was a rugby town with no real football heritage when Wigan Borough became founder members of Div 3N in 1921. The placed was not earned as Wigan United /Wigan Association / Wigan Borough (three names in one season) finished 17th of 18 clubs in the Lancashire Combination in 1919-20. Champions for the first time were Chorley. The FA simply wanted to invade RL territory as they had previously done with Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield and Bradford.

RL fans had no time for football clubs in the town.

This is a local sport for local people, we'll have no soccer here

27 minutes ago, junot said:

A friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to work in the commercial department for both Wigan Rugby and Wigan Athletic. He told be that in the ticket office it wasn't unusual for rugby fans to say that they would only sit in a red seat and football fans only wanting a pay for a blue seat

They will all be red and white next season.