Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators
1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

my mum's side of the family are from Wigan, all rugby supporters, not one of them has time of the footy team - one of them can't stand them - between them they support Utd, Liverpool, Preston, Blackburn 

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

I’m proud Bolton doesn’t have a proper rugby team

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

I’d still support salford. Doesn’t work like that in reality does it 

30 minutes ago, snowball said:

And the update is .....

there will be another update on Thursday. Starting to sound familiar this but with no deternined bidder it seems. Apart from Leneghan who only wants the stadium...allegedly 

tick tock

If that update isn't a positive one i.e we have a buyer and we're doing all we can to get this through in time to start the season. Then I'm buying my jelly and ice cream before it sells out in Bolton.

They get better...now saying they dont want the ground because the yanks are going to move the div 1 club 200 miles north to Glasgow

And change the name of Wigan to another well known Glasgow name and play in lge 1 in England

Edited by masi 51

17 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

They get better...now saying they dont want the ground because the yanks are going to move the div 1 club 200 miles north to Glasgow

And change the name of Wigan to another well known Glasgow name and play in lge 1 in England

Loons

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not a new one really. At one stage Bury fans were convinced that Celtic were going to buy them out IIRC. 

24 hours before the EFL pulled the plug on Bury, there was supposedly some millionaire living in the Amazon who wanted to put £7m forward to buy them.  He had no connection to the town but just wanted to help apparently. Perhaps he was familiar with the world famous market?

Bassini is a good example of the kind of loons and dreamers that start sniffing around ailing clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

24 hours before the EFL pulled the plug on Bury, there was supposedly some millionaire living in the Amazon who wanted to put £7m forward to buy them.  He had no connection to the town but just wanted to help apparently. Perhaps he was familiar with the world famous market?

Bassini is a good example of the kind of loons and dreamers that start sniffing around ailing clubs. 

A Brazilian pastor with a literal gold mine IIRC.

Seems the American outfit want the club but just not the ground, which is too big, too costly and not necessary. I can see them playing somewhere else like Rotherham and Brighton did until a new, smaller, more appropriate ground can be sourced. Makes perfect sense to me and could be the best option for them.

15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh, but i still fear a last minute escape.

I think they will survive as well. But I won't be doing my duty as a Wanderers fan if I didn't wish them the worst and milk this situation to the absolute max.