Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Well done to Latics fans for reaching their Crowdfunded target, whatever you think of them you can’t knock the job they’ve done in trying to save their club and they haven’t finished yet. I say good luck to them and I hope they get their takeover done shortly so they can concentrate on the season ahead.

11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Well done to Latics fans for reaching their Crowdfunded target, whatever you think of them you can’t knock the job they’ve done in trying to save their club and they haven’t finished yet. I say good luck to them and I hope they get their takeover done shortly so they can concentrate on the season ahead.

Yes I can. The backward cunts

11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I hope they go bust or at the very least emerge hugely diminished and vulnerable. Think you'll find most Bolton fans would say the same nowadays. No time for em.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Dont give a fuck what you say.Chip in if youre that bothered.  Sincerely hope they go bust 

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

Come on. i miss these Derby games when it's only up the road and taking the town and pubs over, if losing another team like Bury, it's a sad loss.

Your right about losing clubs , and for genuine fans and football in general it is always sad , but on the other hand any sympathy is tempered by the antics of some of they're fans when it looked like we were going to the wall. 

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Your right about losing clubs , and for genuine fans and football in general it is always sad , but on the other hand any sympathy is tempered by the antics of some of they're fans when it looked like we were going to the wall. 

I used to go on a Leeds website seeing the abuse they got off other fans when they reached rock bottom, every club have dickheads spouting bile, I think being Bolton fans we are far better than that.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I used to go on a Leeds website seeing the abuse they got off other fans when they reached rock bottom, every club have dickheads spouting bile, I think being Bolton fans we are far better than that.

It's similar to the home nations thing , I used to like to see them all do well until you realise they glory in our downfall , you then form a different attitude towards them..Regarding the Wigan Business I probably wouldn't want  them going Bust , but I'm certainly not losing any sleep if they do or not. I'm afraid regarding their fans ' you Reap what you sow' .

Genuinely believe that a good 60% of Wigan’s fanbase were United/Liverpool fans before Whelan bought them top tier football. 

That combined with their obsession to create a rivalry, ‘Bolton’s going bust’ chants. Fuck them entirely. Anyone who thinks otherwise, I’m absolutely baffled with. 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Not this. 

3 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Genuinely believe that a good 60% of Wigan’s fanbase were United/Liverpool fans before Whelan bought them top tier football. 

That combined with their obsession to create a rivalry, ‘Bolton’s going bust’ chants. Fuck them entirely. Anyone who thinks otherwise, I’m absolutely baffled with. 

I would like to know our genuine rivals these days.

16 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I do think a lot of this "rivalry" stems from our relocating from Burnden in 1997 to the Reebok 

We literally moved as far as you could move from the centre of Bolton without going over the town border - into Wigan -  our stadium is nearer to the centre of Wigan than the centre of Bolton 

Am sure at the time the  Post Office fiddled about with postcodes to keep the Stadium in Bolton 

Just think how we would feel  If say Manchester City had said no to the City of Manchester stadium and bought the land at Over Hulton where the Amazon place is now ( off M61 Junction 4 )  and built a stadium there  and ensured technically it was in Manchester.  

I dont like Wigan's  fans and  I dont see them as "natural " rivals,  to me , generational thing , will always look towards  Blackburn , Burnley Preston Blackpool and Manchester United given our History. 

Lovely folk , I remember receiving a punch in the head , from the blindside  , from one of the wankers . It was in the car park after the League cup semi first leg.

Been loads of times, got ejected after the 5-0 debacle sat in the pikey end.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Been loads of times, got ejected after the 5-0 debacle sat in the pikey end.

They are just Horrible , my dislike grew from nothing , to  one point pure Hatred . Play off Final , 100 points game , League cup semi , Aldridge , I fucking detested them at one point . Kinda meh about them now.

They are just Horrible , my dislike grew from nothing , to  one point pure Hatred . Play off Final , 100 points game , League cup semi , Aldridge , I fucking detested them at one point . Kinda meh about them now.

I never thought in my lifetime that some obscure club from a peninsula would be a bane on my life.

4 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I know what you mean mate.

I went a couple of years ago when Barrow rocked up, it was middle aged men scrapping with the young scrotes in the Prenton pub, a mate got jailed for a year, last August the same pub was packed with Bolton.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

I do think a lot of this "rivalry" stems from our relocating from Burnden in 1997 to the Reebok 

We literally moved as far as you could move from the centre of Bolton without going over the town border - into Wigan -  our stadium is nearer to the centre of Wigan than the centre of Bolton 

Am sure at the time the  Post Office fiddled about with postcodes to keep the Stadium in Bolton 

Just think how we would feel  If say Manchester City had said no to the City of Manchester stadium and bought the land at Over Hulton where the Amazon place is now ( off M61 Junction 4 )  and built a stadium there  and ensured technically it was in Manchester.  

I dont like Wigan's  fans and  I dont see them as "natural " rivals,  to me , generational thing , will always look towards  Blackburn , Burnley Preston Blackpool and Manchester United given our History. 

Was always going to have a BL postcode. Think the debate was whether it was in Horwich.

It couldn't have anything other than a BL postcode given it's in between Lostock, Westhoughton and Horwich.

This nearer to Wigan town centre claim.  If true, there cant be much in it.  It's certainly a lot quicker driving to Bolton from the Reebok than it is to Wigan