Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

''Watching the latics over the years had some great memory's going way back early seventies but now I feel its coming to a end
Memories that will never be forgotten and friends I made over the years
Will miss looking forward to Saturdays''

From the Wigan Forum - sure this guy is Bolton from all the doom and gloom he posts

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

''Watching the latics over the years had some great memory's going way back early seventies but now I feel its coming to a end
Memories that will never be forgotten and friends I made over the years
Will miss looking forward to Saturdays''

From the Wigan Forum - sure this guy is Bolton from all the doom and gloom he posts

Captain med?

Bring what's left of all your love for the fire
We'll watch the flames grow higher!
But if you get too burnt, you can't come back home
And as I was standing by the edge
I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing
(And the flames grew)
Their mad eyes bulged their flushed faces said
The weak get crushed as the strong grow stronger #COYWM

French American group: "We offer two jars of Uncle Joe's mintballs and a week's supply of meat pies. And we'll only buy on condition that everybody in Wigan promises to have a bath and buy some deoderent." 

Krasner: "It's a generous offer, I can't deny it. I admire your persistence. They're a right bunch of backward fuckers round here. I do have to warn you though, there's not much chance of em all having a wash and they don't sell deoderent here. Dirty Lonsdale wearing bastards."

French American group: "Right. Fuck it then. We'll go and put some money in to Southport. They should never have been allowed to leave the league in 1978 and be replaced by Wiggin. Did you know that when the tide goes out in Southport you can't see the sea?"

Kranser: "Fair enough. I'll ring the EFL and tell them to bring an end to this whole sorry shit-show. Been on the cards for weeks has this. Tinpot from top to bottom."

French American group: "Once we'd done our due diligence we didn't fancy ploughing a load of money in only to inevitably end up back in WIgan's historic position of being in the mighty Bolton's shadow. Sorry we strung you along a bit."

Krasner. "Doesn't matter. We got there in the end. Where's that fuckin' jelly and ice cream? I can go home and get de-loused now. Peg-leg was putting £800K a week in to these. Talk about flogging a dead horse. Ta-ra". 

Had a feeling all through this saga that someone would lash them to a safety raft & save their bacon .

However , with only 600k & the admins still to be paid plus the proof of funds to satisfy the EFL it is looking grim for them .

I think the yanks will come back with a reduced offer at the eleventh hour & they will be off to Leigh to eat humble lobby.

13 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Had a feeling all through this saga that someone would lash them to a safety raft & save their bacon .

However , with only 600k & the admins still to be paid plus the proof of funds to satisfy the EFL it is looking grim for them .

I think the yanks will come back with a reduced offer at the eleventh hour & they will be off to Leigh to eat humble lobby.

Reduced offer won’t pay creditors, not happening. Pop. 

They may come back with a lower offer but it will get the same response as their recent and best offer

admins will not accept less than the current £3m asking price (for the ground) as it means they won’t receive their full monies due 

this year could quickly turn from one of the worst to one of the best 

Supporters Club have issued a statement .... not sounding good 

https://www.wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk/update-for-supporters-19-09-2020/

Supporters Update 19/09/20

For the past four weeks Wigan Athletic Supporters Club have been working closely with some of the parties interested in purchasing Wigan Athletic Football Club. 

On Friday 18th September the Supporters Club agreed to support a bid from one of those interested parties, with the aim of using the monies raised by the supporters via the crowdfunder as planned – in return for an equity stake in the football club and to secure a voice for the fans in the board room.

As has been reported via social media this bid, which we are unable to disclose in full, has been rejected by the administrators.

Despite this, we remain committed to finding a solution. We have returned to make immediate contact with the bidder to review their position. We are also continuing to speak with other remaining interested parties, and we are still confident that a credible way forward will be found.

Once again we ask supporters to understand that there are legal processes we have to abide by and we cannot share information as frequently as we would like. However we will continue to update you at every opportunity, and we will keep working tirelessly until the survival of our Football Club has been secured.

From all the team at Wigan Athletic Supporters Club.

• Site Supporter

One of the Wigan supporters I know was at the lads football yesterday, he’s resigned to the fact his club will be gone by the end of the month.

I almost felt sorry for him, but then he said “who are your shitkickers getting rinsed by today?” And I felt all warm inside.

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Why was it rejected?

only 2 million apparently. Admins claiming that included supporters club putting up a million of that.

Bidders mouthpiece (aka Nixon) reckons thats not true, they offered 2 million of their money. Anyway admins holding out for 3 for ground and 1 for training ground and chippy.

Tick Tock