Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

28 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Seems on the money Nixon. Anyone think he was referring to Bassini when he said the guy couldn't raise four quid never mind four million?

Kraser certainly stringing out his fees going to end badly for someone!

I thought Bassini too, I've seen him deny that more than once on twitter though previously.

That interview makes a mockery of the twitter lot that have a go at him for talking nonsense.  He may just have researched what he says.

Not sure why he gives them the time of day TBH, always seems to know his stuff from what I've seen, and there's a big difference between that and not every transfer story ending the way he might have thought it would.

It also comes across that he cares about local, not necessarily big, football teams and has a genuine interest in the game.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That interview makes a mockery of the twitter lot that have a go at him for talking nonsense.  He may just have researched what he says.

Not sure why he gives them the time of day TBH, always seems to know his stuff from what I've seen, and there's a big difference between that and not every transfer story ending the way he might have thought it would.

It also comes across that he cares about local, not necessarily big, football teams and has a genuine interest in the game.

He’s a football fan alright, supports Partick Thistle who sit on the shoulder of the glasgow giants so he’s no glory hunter. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Kraser certainly stringing out his fees going to end badly for someone!

How do their fees compare with the ones taken from our administration? 

Genuine question, don’t have a clue but imagine it’s expensive 

If Krasnar is asking for £3m+ for the club, stadium, Training ground and a Chippy (with his fees included) then it doesn’t feel particularly toppy 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

In that context it doesn't, but its relative to the amount of time it takes .According to Nixon he moved the goalposts early doors with his 'preferred British ' owner thus extending the process.

I don't know what we shelled out for admin.

FV were still sorting that out recently weren't they?

Alan Nixon knows his stuff. He knew his stuff way back in the mid 90s when he was reporting on Stubbs/McAteer and Rioch leaving. 

Like others I wonder why he is so active with oddballs on social media. I wonder if he intends setting up on his own at some point. 

Anyway ... he's right about Wigan. Every day the chaos continues is another corrosive day for their future. Look at us now, 13 months on from our problems. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Alan Nixon knows his stuff. He knew his stuff way back in the mid 90s when he was reporting on Stubbs/McAteer and Rioch leaving. 

Like others I wonder why he is so active with oddballs on social media. I wonder if he intends setting up on his own at some point. 

Anyway ... he's right about Wigan. Every day the chaos continues is another corrosive day for their future. Look at us now, 13 months on from our problems. 

I reckon that's a power trip

"I know something you don't"

Something he's never been able to quantify before social media

Or maybe something he needs to now paper sales are down

"Peice in the paper tomorrow"

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I reckon that's a power trip

"I know something you don't"

Something he's never been able to quantify before social media

Or maybe something he needs to now paper sales are down

"Peice in the paper tomorrow"

Maybe. But maybe he's cute enough to know that newspapers are on thin ice financially these days and there'll always be a thirst for football gossip. If he sets up on his own with subscribers then he needs to pave the way.

I could be entirely wrong .......

14 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I've seen the podcast that the Wigan supporter has done with Alan Nixon on Laticsspeyk. The gist of it is according to Nixon if the lawyers and the admins don't take a haircut on their fees then he fears for Wigan is what he said. He does seem to know a lot of what has gone on there.

Quite right, they are being paid enough to go to the barbers using their own money.