Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Maybe this has something to do with Martinez and the three amigos. Can't see why yer average Spaniard would want anything to do with em.

It is therefore intriguing that the words "Spanish based" are being used. As opposed to solely "Spanish". 

Still chances of this going wrong. It was an age between preferred bidder and deal signed for us (although there were reasons). And of course they could easily be yet another bunch of fly by nights. Maybe this isn't their moment to have a very close brush with mortality. Maybe this is their Ken Anderson moment. El Tanktop. 

I'm still scratching my head on who would want to buy WAFC. The town is a rugby town. Fanbase is laughable. Football is, at best, the 4th most popular thing to do in the town behind RL, pie eating and sucking mint balls.

Having said that. It has not come as a shock that some deluded Knight on a charger has arrived and seems more than happy to piss money up against a wall.

13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

For administrators I suppose its easier to sell a football club when the previous owners have written off all the money owed to them rather than  a club where previous owners are wanting to be paid £17 million.....

Not a problem for you. Safe and sound as you are as the self proclaimed "greatest club in the world" with those dear old Glazer Brothers filling your trophy cabinet year in year out to prove the point.

58 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not particularly given they’ve got rid of their big earners and still have a more than reasonable squad for that league. 

Still time for it to go tits up but it wouldn’t seem likely. 

I look at it as they have gone from a team capable of challenging for promotion to premier league that almost survived relegation despite the 12 point penalty, to a struggling League One outfit and whos supporters now know what we went thru. So yes damaged a lot since July 1st.

Now we will see what happens but as saint cheese tells us we need to concentrate on ourselves and hope we are not too far off playing in the same league in the very near future

21 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I fear the worst.Wigan are a lucky club, they have attracted people who have bankrolled them up the leagues for 25 years.Knowing their luck, Martinez will be involved and it'll be a similar set up to those Iberians at Wolves who have paid for them a mid table PL side

Get some bigger bait 

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I fear the worst.Wigan are a lucky club, they have attracted people who have bankrolled them up the leagues for 25 years.Knowing their luck, Martinez will be involved and it'll be a similar set up to those Iberians at Wolves who have paid for them a mid table PL side

Wolves are owned by Chinese