Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Winstanley College (6th Form) tops the North West league tables for A-Level results, although it is exclusive, kids would need a high GCSE score to get in, and they've got to know their PYE 😁

Has a huge catchment area. 

And occasionally they admit dickheads like me. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Winstanley College (6th Form) tops the North West league tables for A-Level results, although it is exclusive, kids would need a high GCSE score to get in, and they've got to know their PYE 😁

Has a huge catchment area. 

Richard Ashcroft went there

I went to the "rival" down the road, John Rigby

took over an hour on the bus each day one way, but all the sixth forms in Bolton looked shit(er)

I thought we were fair game for pisstaking. If a club I hated went from receiving £40 million a year Sky money to begging for food and toiletries for the office staff i'd be taking the piss about all the money they'd squandered, in fact I did at Leeds.It's not like people were dying it was just a badly mismanaged football club

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I thought we were fair game for pisstaking. If a club I hated went from receiving £40 million a year Sky money to begging for food and toiletries for the office staff i'd be taking the piss about all the money they'd squandered, in fact I did at Leeds.It's not like people were dying it was just a badly mismanaged football club

Helps if you have an owner who is willing to allow his staff to do their jobs though; like paying the odd bill and not strutting around ruling by fear as an absolute cunt without any real interest in the people of business as a whole.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That’s very magnanimous of you. I had no feelings of joy when Leeds were mismanaged down the league for a while. In fact, their plight is currently being mirrored by my club. (Note, I didn’t say “Our club”!) They’ll be taking no joy out of our recent plight either.

Wigan, on the other hand took the piss mercilessly and for that, I’ll never forget and I’ll never forgive so now that they’re having a bit of what we had to suffer they can hardly be surprised at our schadenfreude.

And do you know, I didn’t wake up this morning wondering if I would be able to squeeze schadenfreude into a response on Wanderersways but there you have it.

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It didn't warrant Wigan fans grinning outside the Unibol when they thought we were being wound up. But hey Roger you're entitled to your opinion.

23 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

It didn't warrant Wigan fans grinning outside the Unibol when they thought we were being wound up. But hey Roger you're entitled to your opinion.

No he's not he's a Manc cunt and so irrelevant