Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

4 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Have you  seen the administrators latest update ?

Look how many prospective buyers are waiting to save them   

I kid you not - ELEVEN  !!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55678142

Making head or tail of that lot should keep the admins busy until they run out of money altogether 

Is it the same eleven people they took to Tottenham? Making up their entire away following for a Premier League game? 

They must have had a hell of a scouting network and youth set up, prior to the Chinese pulling the plug.

They've flogged off umpteen first teamers at cut price, as well as a good few youngsters to prem and champ sides.  They're still grinding out results better than we managed last year too.  It's feckin annoying 

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

They must have had a hell of a scouting network and youth set up, prior to the Chinese pulling the plug.

They've flogged off umpteen first teamers at cut price, as well as a good few youngsters to prem and champ sides.  They're still grinding out results better than we managed last year too.  It's feckin annoying 

It looks like they’ve been ran extremely well behind the scenes on the scouting, coaching recruitment side. Can we not just poach their key personnel in that area. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It looks like they’ve been ran extremely well behind the scenes on the scouting, coaching recruitment side. Can we not just poach their key personnel in that area. 

Get Bruce to have a word with his nipper. He seems to be the main man

On 16/01/2021 at 09:53, Benny The Ball said:

Have you  seen the administrators latest update ?

Look how many prospective buyers are waiting to save them   

I kid you not - ELEVEN  !!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55678142

Making head or tail of that lot should keep the admins busy until they run out of money altogether 

They're back to where they were on the first day they went into administration, full circle.

Like you say the admins will have to sift through them all to wheedle out the tyre kickers, con men etc.

Meanwhile the old enemy is still ticking.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They have for several seasons had a good youth set up with managers who have given them game time unlike us .

On 16/01/2021 at 10:09, Biggish Dave said:

Correct, we aren't talking about needing £50m. What does it take, around £6m is it to cover current debts and 2 years running costs?

Can’t be much more and will be even less if they are going to be based at Leigh sports village. And also some of these offers will be bumping the creditors and taking the 15points. 

which to me now is the best outcome. I would love to play these cunts again which looks like it may well be next season. They will get terrorized. They won’t have seen the like for a long long time. 

39 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Can’t be much more and will be even less if they are going to be based at Leigh sports village. And also some of these offers will be bumping the creditors and taking the 15points. 

which to me now is the best outcome. I would love to play these cunts again which looks like it may well be next season. They will get terrorized. They won’t have seen the like for a long long time. 

They have a mini mob that hate  us with a passion, they are usually nowhere to be seen when Bolton turn up in numbers, although they like to pick off easy targets in the streets from the ground to the town centre.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

They have a mini mob that hate  us with a passion, they are usually nowhere to be seen when Bolton turn up in numbers, although they like to pick off easy targets in the streets from the ground to the town centre.

Correct, I witnessed that last time at there’s they chased off load of youth,  couple of older lads stood there ground and ended up chucking clods of turf that was for some reason stacked up at the side of the road. If the Wigan mob had waited 5 minutes for the main Bolton mob they could have had a proper scrap. 

On 15/01/2021 at 12:04, Spider said:

I feel they should go further.

You’re getting soft.

After the weekends revelation that 11 bids were being prepared. 

The shits hit the fan again today.

Administrator's have increased their fees.

Mmmmmm - about to pull it !!

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-thread-for-all-things-takeover.107291/page-417

The last few pages of this.

It's confused ... & confusing & I guess you need to be ITK to understand who & what they're rattling on about.

But in a few phrases ;

1. The 'sure fire, offered the asking price' bid from last week led by some guy called Frampton, has been withdrawn. Implications that he's been a tyre-kicker all aling.

2. The admins' costs, to date & ongoing, have been published. £1.25m with £750k due, plus no cap of these fees which the fans have so far believed was there. Conspiracy theories abound that the Admins have only their fees in mind & existing only to add to their income and are effectively strangling bids.

3. Genuine belief that the last hope has gone. Seem to view the Supporter's Club are their only hope yet they have nowhere near the money required. 

4. Falling out amongst themselves.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-thread-for-all-things-takeover.107291/page-417

The last few pages of this.

It's confused ... & confusing & I guess you need to be ITK to understand who & what they're rattling on about.

But in a few phrases ;

1. The 'sure fire, offered the asking price' bid from last week led by some guy called Frampton, has been withdrawn. Implications that he's been a tyre-kicker all aling.

2. The admins' costs, to date & ongoing, have been published. £1.25m with £750k due, plus no cap of these fees which the fans have so far believed was there. Conspiracy theories abound that the Admins have only their fees in mind & existing only to add to their income and are effectively strangling bids.

3. Genuine belief that the last hope has gone. Seem to view the Supporter's Club are their only hope yet they have nowhere near the money required. 

4. Falling out amongst themselves.

That's why you're called Feelgood

In the early days, the Administrators were getting loads of grief at public meetings.  It's a shame that lockdown has prevented any public gatherings and the admins have avoided greater scrutiny.

I'm not usually a fan of jelly and ice cream in the winter but on this occasion...