Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

2 hours ago, Ani said:

In should be a criminal offence to criticise Sams time here but his actions  since make it easier.

It is OK Sam claiming he had all these great players lined up. Some of which will be true. But when given a bit of money at Newcastle he went out and spent £6m on Alan Smith. At every club he has been at his story afterwards is how if he had been backed he would have signed certain players (Luca Modric is the Newcastle Drogba). 

What happened at Bolton when he was here in terms of players, results and the whole journey was brilliant. He was innovative and exciting. But he has never replicated that success.

I said when left it was a bad day for us and would be for him in the long term. If you could be arsed to go back plenty of idiots on here were glad to see him go. 

Well said. Madness he’s not seen as a hero to all. He really fucked that up

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

One Stretford wete in for Smith we had no chance.

He wanted to buy him off Utd, and then signed him for Newcastle 

Another player he wanted was Juan Pablo Sorin on loan after missing out in the summer 

11 hours ago, Ani said:

In should be a criminal offence to criticise Sams time here but his actions  since make it easier.

It is OK Sam claiming he had all these great players lined up. Some of which will be true. But when given a bit of money at Newcastle he went out and spent £6m on Alan Smith. At every club he has been at his story afterwards is how if he had been backed he would have signed certain players (Luca Modric is the Newcastle Drogba). 

What happened at Bolton when he was here in terms of players, results and the whole journey was brilliant. He was innovative and exciting. But he has never replicated that success.

I said when left it was a bad day for us and would be for him in the long term. If you could be arsed to go back plenty of idiots on here were glad to see him go. 

I dont think Allardyce, or his bank balance, have ever looked back.

Read another story about a new party interested in buying them yesterday. None of them ever do though. These fuckers have been in admin since July. If they are still in this position come June they are back out of the football league. I felt a bit sorry when Bury went even though they hated us. I won't be sorry if these tinpot charlatans expire. Enjoying every minute of events since last Summer, including these last two home defeats. Bring on their demise.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Read another story about a new party interested in buying them yesterday. None of them ever do though. These fuckers have been in admin since July. If they are still in this position come June they are back out of the football league. I felt a bit sorry when Bury went even though they hated us. I won't be sorry if these tinpot charlatans expire. Enjoying every minute of events since last Summer, including these last two home defeats. Bring on their demise.

Said the same to the old man. Bury, I felt sorry for. Dale has taken them for everything. They have a history and genuine fans who are still gutted.

Wigan only go when the Rugby team is away. No genuine fans and that cunt rubbing his eyes on sky and the twats who turned up at the lofty statue with jelly and ice cream deserve everything they are getting with more besides

17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Said the same to the old man. Bury, I felt sorry for. Dale has taken them for everything. They have a history and genuine fans who are still gutted.

Wigan only go when the Rugby team is away. No genuine fans and that cunt rubbing his eyes on sky and the twats who turned up at the lofty statue with jelly and ice cream deserve everything they are getting with more besides

It was the turning up at the statue that did it. Completely lacking in class. What goes around comes around, karma - put it any which way you want. They've got it coming.

• Moderators

I worked with a bloke for 12 months

He hated me cos I'd been given his job

Hes one of the ones at the statue

Hes watched em since non league

I'd like him to complete the circle but I'd not want em to die, cos he got me a beer in his daughters bar after the last wigan game

Nice as pie he was...football fans are alreet and don't deserve to lose their team

NB this post brought to you by a contented whites fan

Worked with a Wiggin fan years ago (eighties when we were both shite)H e was a decent bloke 

Worked with another one later from Chorley & he hated us with a passion ....thinly disguised. 

When they go tits up I will feel sorry the lad from the eighties but my god I hope I meet that twat from Chorley somewhere so I can abuse him with gusto.

From Simon Stone, bbc reporter

"Wigan Athletic remain in administration but the situation needs resolving quickly as EFL rules prevent them starting a second campaign without a buyer.
A consortium led by a Bahrain-based businessman is now the front runner but negotiations have slowed.
It seems paperwork has been submitted to the EFL, who are broadly supportive, but somewhere along the line there has been a hold-up and as each day passes without a resolution, the chances of it actually happening reduce.
Funding, apparently, is not the issue and this deal is seen as being more viable than the Spanish one that collapsed at Christmas.
But it is fair to say frustration is growing from all sides, which is not helping as the club battle to avoid relegation into League Two."

Doesn't fill you with optimism does it

Read the above on their latics speyk board...

• Moderators
16 hours ago, marple whites said:

Won away again.

but still in bottom 4 and bottom 7 all within 3 points.

Wimbledon, burton won as well, Rochdale, Swindon drew

and Clough stayed on the bench

doesn't look like it's working out for him