Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

28 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

The Administrators are ceasing the Friday Briefings until something concrete is in the pipeline

Several interested parties still interested in buying them.

Reading between the lines they are at a dead end

tic tock!

Maybe we should start our own Friday briefings. A panel of Jonathan Van Tam, Chris Whitty and Paul Jewell. 

"Next question is from Laura Kuenssberg at the BBC, Laura.... " 

Kuntsberg: "I would like to ask the panel how close they think the 'tics turd now is to flushing? Is there a chance that these tinpot fuckers might just end up back in non-league where they belong? Can I also ask Mr Whitty and Mr Van Tam how the epidemic of scurvy and headlice is coming along in Wiggin" 

JVT : "Well Mrs Kuntsberg I can tell you that Wiggin is over-run with all kinds of nasty things that died off in the 19th century elsewhere in the world. There are pairs of Lonsdales that could get up and walk off on their own Unclean! Unclean!" 

CW: "If they survive until July they'll still end up in the North West Counties League. Even that'd be too classy for the cunts. They can have a local derby with Prescot Cables and still find that the away fans outnumber them in their home fixture against them. Just like on many occasions when they have played the mighty BWFC" 

PJ: "I still believe there is hope. The consortium from Tristan Da Cunha are due to show proof of funds in the morning"

• Members
38 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd love to win the Euromillions and buy them.

“Do you have enough money to run them for two years?”

“Yes”

“Ok welcome aboard, you're going to sort all the debts and stabilise the club right?”

Leonardo-DiCaprio-laughing-meme-template

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Thought they were going to win again !

rochdale appear to be the team in free fall.

wigan have had a few top teams recently in Peterborough, Lincoln and Hull.

it us very tight tho and they are still right in it.

I've a shitty feeling they will sneak out. If we go up, let's have em 1st game

On 25/02/2021 at 19:46, Underpants said:

I've said it before on here. I reckon I'm a decent chap. Level headed and fair. If we hadn't of gone through the journey to near extinction then I would have a modicum of sympathy for them. But we did and some Wigan fans took pictures and took great great delight at our inevitable demise. Mix that with the feelings I had when things looked bleak, well it dragged something out of me from deep down. I do have a dark side. A vindictive side. One that doesn't, and can't forget the actions of a few. This totally outweighs the sympathy I have for the decent 'tics.

Fukc em!

*they will survive.

Same here. I like to think of myself as a decent bloke with no vindictive streak in me

But concerning them, whatever happens, I hope that it’s really, really fucking painful

On the first of each month I re-read my "World Sports" magazine from 50 years ago.

In March 1971 there was an article about the up-coming re-election to Division 4, with applications due to close in the first week of April. The article was headlined "Joining Soccer's Race to Ruination". Wigan Athletic were featured extensively, as they had applied unsuccessfully for 25 consecutive seasons and were now resorting to a PR company to campaign on their behalf. They used the same company that had helped Cambridge United into the league the previous season. For Cambridge they had stressed their distance from other league clubs, but Wigan had 16 clubs within 30 miles, 9 of which were in the top 2 divisions with the bulk of the votes. Wigan took a different tack: "The other Lancashire clubs have been around for years and many are going downhill. If we get in we can only go up."

In the event Lincoln, Newport Hartlepool and Barrow were all re-elected (with 47, 33, 33 and 38 votes, respectively). Unsuccessful applicants were: 

Hereford (22 votes), Wigan (14), Cambridge City, Telford and Yeovil (2 each), Boston, Bradford PA and Romford (1 each) and Bedford, Chelmsford, Gateshead, Hillingdon and Kettering (all without votes).

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

On the first of each month I re-read my "World Sports" magazine from 50 years ago.

In March 1971 there was an article about the up-coming re-election to Division 4, with applications due to close in the first week of April. The article was headlined "Joining Soccer's Race to Ruination". Wigan Athletic were featured extensively, as they had applied unsuccessfully for 25 consecutive seasons and were now resorting to a PR company to campaign on their behalf. They used the same company that had helped Cambridge United into the league the previous season. For Cambridge they had stressed their distance from other league clubs, but Wigan had 16 clubs within 30 miles, 9 of which were in the top 2 divisions with the bulk of the votes. Wigan took a different tack: "The other Lancashire clubs have been around for years and many are going downhill. If we get in we can only go up."

In the event Lincoln, Newport Hartlepool and Barrow were all re-elected (with 47, 33, 33 and 38 votes, respectively). Unsuccessful applicants were: 

Hereford (22 votes), Wigan (14), Cambridge City, Telford and Yeovil (2 each), Boston, Bradford PA and Romford (1 each) and Bedford, Chelmsford, Gateshead, Hillingdon and Kettering (all without votes).

Is there owt you don’t know?

6 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

I always thought you was a Charles Buchan man Malc.

Charles Buchan's Football Monthly Magazine - No. 184: Dec 1966  Subscriptions | Pocketmags