Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

31 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

us - from 13th may 2019 to 28th august 2019

wigan - from 1st july 2020

i knew wigan got elected to the FL and southport got unelected and knew southport were kinda jipped over it,- but have just looked up why , they got demoted because they finished *second* bottom three years in a row. 

worse thing ive read today..

There was vertainly a voncetyed efgort too cut out the Barrow's & Workington's due to their geography. Imagine Southend, Colchester etc. having to venture there.

It was always the bottom 4 who were voted on, not simply the bottom 1.

Back in the day I could never see how Crewe were always re-elected. I guess they were less inconvenient. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There was vertainly a voncetyed efgort too cut out the Barrow's & Workington's due to their geography. Imagine Southend, Colchester etc. having to venture there.

Back in the day I could never see how Crewe were always re-elected. I guess they were less inconvenient. 

Fuckin ell, that first sentence is a bit Covfefe.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

41 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Fuckin ell, that first sentence is a bit Covfefe.

Dr Feelgood, touch-typing is ok but read it at the same time. 

Or slam your left  little finger in a door just to ensure it’s hitting the letter you think it’s hitting.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Malcolm's W point about placing soccer teams in RL areas as disruptors is not viable in extreme  northern towns. 

Welsh way teams seemed to get away with being revoted in too. 

definite travelling bias

cheating bastards

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Dr Feelgood, touch-typing is ok but read it at the same time. 

Or slam your left  little finger in a door just to ensure it’s hitting the letter you think it’s hitting.

🤣

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Honestly thought this was an extract from Allo Allo

Voting soggestions pissed with the Fallen Madonna with ze big boobies

15 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Honestly thought this was an extract from Allo Allo

Voting soggestions pissed with the Fallen Madonna with ze big boobies

there must be a "concerted effort" to keep qwerty keyboards as the norm , even in the age of virtual keyboards were the 'arms' of a typewriter are not phsyical anymore. 

took me ages to find an 'abcd' one for my samsung phone, but emoijis have their own section. 

i think they are making up shit to keep the Admin going forever , i thought you could only be in it for 12months now before another 12 points gets taken. think even bury had to renew theirs. 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/wigan-athletic/story/4328126/australian-based-consortium-interested-in-purchasing-wigan-athletic

its sus . when we were doing last minute get outs, it were 10 minutes before a winding up court. they just give out another rumour and it seems like everyone nods their heads 'ok'. no deadlines or new court dates or nowt.

We owed millions though ( including HMRC) Wigan don’t. We were failing to pay players, Wigan aren’t and finally, we were failing to play fixtures and Wigan haven’t. As much as i’d like to see them go pop, their situation isn’t as dire as ours was as far as the EFL are concerned

8 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

We owed millions though ( including HMRC) Wigan don’t. We were failing to pay players, Wigan aren’t and finally, we were failing to play fixtures and Wigan haven’t. As much as i’d like to see them go pop, their situation isn’t as dire as ours was as far as the EFL are concerned

Maybe not just yet but the clock is ticking  

The Wigan Admns have sold a training ground a chip shop and a host of players to generate enough cash to keep the club going - and they have also publicly stated they can keep the club going until the end of the season.

We had at least one willing and passionate prospective purchaser waiting to buy BWFC at the earliest opportunity

Wigan dont appear to have anyone interested other than a series of opportunists that register an interest and then melt away as quickly as they came. 

When you look at the way Wigan is being touted worldwide as an Investment opportunity , how their fans must  envy clubs like ours that  have at least one committed supporter amongst their owners 

Reality is for them - beggars cant be choosers 

46 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Maybe not just yet but the clock is ticking  

The Wigan Admns have sold a training ground a chip shop and a host of players to generate enough cash to keep the club going - and they have also publicly stated they can keep the club going until the end of the season.

We had at least one willing and passionate prospective purchaser waiting to buy BWFC at the earliest opportunity

Wigan dont appear to have anyone interested other than a series of opportunists that register an interest and then melt away as quickly as they came. 

When you look at the way Wigan is being touted worldwide as an Investment opportunity , how their fans must  envy clubs like ours that  have at least one committed supporter amongst their owners 

Reality is for them - beggars cant be choosers 

Precisely, if no one buys them they can’t come out of admin and that means they won’t be starting next season in the football league. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Precisely, if no one buys them they can’t come out of admin and that means they won’t be starting next season in the football league. 

Stop it Mounts you’re bigging up potential for the greatest season in 10 years 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If I'm up to date, they need

£3m to clear the immediate debt.

2 × £2m for running costs for two years

£1m and running to pay the Administrators

Whatever this years additional debts, including to the taxman totals to. Say another £1m.

Say £9m.

All easy enough for a Championship club, even one with naff-all fans.

BUT

They arent a Championship club. They're currently bottom of the 3rd tier.

They've sold the training ground.

Don't own their stadium.

Have had fire-sales of their Chamionship level players.

On their 3rd management team of the season.

Lost their academy coaching team.

Had a series of tyre-kickers look at them. One looked likely until they walked away when they realisrd the sum owed and the reducing assets. 

A stunningly inept set of Administrators.

What should have been easy & quite cheap to settle has reduced in value by the day.

They can't crash the club into Administration and take the points hit coz they're already there. They can't go into yet another new season in Administration (surely ??).

tbf it's a miracle they're still functioning.

I fear someone will come in & keep them going.if not ... boo-hoo-hoo. If so, at a nicely reduced level.

The other option wiggin have is someone buys them for £1.5m rather than the £3m and pay pennies in the pound to those the are owed money. EFL rules mean if they do that they get docked a further 15 points.

few wigginers are worried that new owners may wait to see what the league looks like in a few weeks and buy at the lower price and take the points hit.

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

The other option wiggin have is someone buys them for £1.5m rather than the £3m and pay pennies in the pound to those the are owed money. EFL rules mean if they do that they get docked a further 15 points.

few wigginers are worried that new owners may wait to see what the league looks like in a few weeks and buy at the lower price and take the points hit.

No fucker is buying them. Pop!