Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

The other option wiggin have is someone buys them for £1.5m rather than the £3m and pay pennies in the pound to those the are owed money. EFL rules mean if they do that they get docked a further 15 points.

Apologies, that is the case. However, there's a very definite window to do that. One we could have exploited but Bassini was poncing about & meant we missed it & so were relegated AND took points the following season.

However, & others may know better, I'm pretty sure you can't do that two years running.

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Apologies, that is the case. However, there's a very definite window to do that. One we could have exploited but Bassini was poncing about & meant we missed it & so were relegated AND took points the following season.

However, & others may know better, I'm pretty sure you can't do that two years running.

Even if you can , if the finish in a relegation spot anyway the points deduction is carried fwad to next season. Plus they will have an embargo for at least two more years. 

• Site Supporter

Oh well,  shame i missed out on the £180mill Eurolottery last week.  I could've nipped down to Robin Park smirking at everyone, knowingly. 

I may even have knocked on the door of the stadium to flick them a couple of fingers. 

Edited by MickyD

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Oh well,  shame i missed out on the £180mill Eurolottery last week.  I could've nipped down to Robin Park smirking at everyone, knowingly. 

I may even have knocked on the door of the stadium to flick them a couple of fingers. 

did you hear about the young couple who have the same numbers every week, put lottery on by dd , got all 7 numbers , but didn't have the funds in their account ,so ticket not bought on line.

i'd be suicidal  

5 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Latest admins update :

Buyer from Bahrain gone 'quiet'

Not heard anything  from rumoured Aussi bid. 

Anyone with 7 million quid to spare is welcome to phone them !

tick tock.

Those admin updates are taking on the flavour of "A note from the Chairman". Do any of the administrators wear tank-tops? 

The clock is running down.

26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

"However, with a massive question mark against which division Latics will be in next term, Stanley has reported slow progress ..."

Simples, just get relegated then.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"However, with a massive question mark against which division Latics will be in next term, Stanley has reported slow progress ..."

Simples, just get relegated then.

They can’t start next season unless someone buys them, they’ll be kicked out of the football league. 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They can’t start next season unless someone buys them, they’ll be kicked out of the football league. 

If that happens, then I'd really like them to stay up this season, on goal difference on the last game of the season - let them wildly celebrate and then be liquidated a few days later

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Price agreed with the Bahrainis apparently.

What we don't want is them tvvats having pots of Arab money.

They've probably got their wires crossed and the interest is from an Abram consortium?

Probably a group of ex miners and pigeon fanciers have cobbled together enough to put a bid in.

• Site Supporter
Just now, marple whites said:

Great win for Northampton.

let Wigan enjoy a win and a few goals today, back to normal at Plymouth on Tuesday. rochdale for me are goners 

Do you know, when Rochdale beat us last January, their few fans were really taking the piss so I've no sympathy.

I wanted to give them a hiding though before they come back to where they belong

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Do you know, when Rochdale beat us last January, their few fans were really taking the piss so I've no sympathy.

I wanted to give them a hiding though before they come back to where they belong

Don’t think they could get out of a paper bag with holes in rochdale.

so long as we go up, not really bothered who comes down, although be a shame to miss out on 2 local games