Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

4 hours ago, Spider said:

Whilst I'd love them to go pop

Part of me just wants them to do a Bury. Disappearing altogether means their fans get off lightly, and can al go back to supporting Liverpool and Everton like they did as kids.

Much better if they end up where Bury are then they have to watch them playing Aspull Shitkickers FC for the next million years.

No mention of man ure. Interesting.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

No mention of man ure. Interesting.

Tomski, if you’ve ever worked in Wigan you’ll know that Liverpool and Everton are the darling teams of the Wiganese folk. 
I reckon 30% of firemen at Wigan and Hindley were scousers who managed to escape far enough to no longer be Liverpool City. 

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Always worth a read through their thread on BWFC’s woes. 

The parallels are amazing but now, as the stuff they wished upon us seem to be acting against them, they still don’t get why they’re so disliked by us.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/bolton-interesting.93262/

Cheers for posting this Mickey, so enjoyed reading it. I don't recall us ever doing anything to them to warrant such venom, whereas we have a legitimate excuse. 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Tomski, if you’ve ever worked in Wigan you’ll know that Liverpool and Everton are the darling teams of the Wiganese folk. 
I reckon 30% of firemen at Wigan and Hindley were scousers who managed to escape far enough to no longer be Liverpool City. 

I have done but as stated Liverpool and Everton don’t bother me. Plenty will support the rags as it’s not in Manchester! Which tends to be the only qualifier.

I read a few posts on Latics Speyk a few weeks back and noticed that when they were discussing what they would do if Latics went pop, there was little mention of setting up a phoenix club, sounded like most of their fans would just give up or support another team.

Someone even set up a thread called "Does the town deserve a football team?"

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, tomski said:

I have done but as stated Liverpool and Everton don’t bother me. Plenty will support the rags as it’s not in Manchester! Which tends to be the only qualifier.

Liverpool and Everton never appear on my list of clubs to dislike either. ManU just because ManU and City because I get sick of walking around town (Bolton or Bury) or around a shopping malls and where you once saw every other overweight 50+ year old with a ManU top on it seems to have changed to Cideh. I think the only other teams I dislike are Tranmere and Wigan.

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Liverpool and Everton never appear on my list of clubs to dislike either. ManU just because ManU and City because I get sick of walking around town (Bolton or Bury) or around a shopping malls and where you once saw every other overweight 50+ year old with a ManU top on it seems to have changed to Cideh. I think the only other teams I dislike are Tranmere and Wigan.

Hate them all. 

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-thread-for-all-things-takeover.107291/page-106

Post at the top of this page is an odd one... Look like they're nowhere near getting a buyer. Mind, I still think they'll find someone considering they just signed a player today, admins must have hope that someone will complete.

Considering how Wigan fans were all slagging us off for starting last season in admin and getting "preferential treatment," they're not exactly getting rinsed by the EFL who have accommodated them so far. Could have easily prevented them from starting the season.

Funny too how they think we deserve to be in this position because we "lived beyond our means" because of ED's money and Ken not paying people but somehow those same things don't apply to Wigan even though it's the exact same situation but with Dave Whelan and Stanley Choi.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-thread-for-all-things-takeover.107291/page-106

Post at the top of this page is an odd one... Look like they're nowhere near getting a buyer. Mind, I still think they'll find someone considering they just signed a player today, admins must have hope that someone will complete.

Considering how Wigan fans were all slagging us off for starting last season in admin and getting "preferential treatment," they're not exactly getting rinsed by the EFL who have accommodated them so far. Could have easily prevented them from starting the season.

Funny too how they think we deserve to be in this position because we "lived beyond our means" because of ED's money and Ken not paying people but somehow those same things don't apply to Wigan even though it's the exact same situation but with Dave Whelan and Stanley Choi.

I think it's possible to over analyse. You'd imagine they can't see the double standard as a result of loyalty to the club. However these people are from Wigan. It's very simple. These people are exceptionally thick. 

Edited by paulhanley

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think it's possible to over analyse. You'd imagine they can't see the double standard as a result of loyalty to the club. However these people are from Wigan and it is possible to over analyse. It's very simple. These people are exceptionally thick. 

Is the correct answer

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Is the correct answer

They really are. One mon on LS slating admins basically saying they are bent. Where has all the money gone? Sales of players must be £9 million at least the deluded thicko reckoned. Of course he was conveniently forgetting they actually owed nearly as much as they got for every player! Not theres the current market,covid,how desperate they are to sell and fact need money up front and have to pay football creditors first.

Admin doing a great job. These lot are fucked for a long time and thats best case scenario for them. Daring to hope liquidation after all. Jelly n ice cream at peg legs statue if its still standing. Tick Tock

10 minutes ago, snowball said:

They really are. One mon on LS slating admins basically saying they are bent. Where has all the money gone? Sales of players must be £9 million at least the deluded thicko reckoned. Of course he was conveniently forgetting they actually owed nearly as much as they got for every player! Not theres the current market,covid,how desperate they are to sell and fact need money up front and have to pay football creditors first.

Admin doing a great job. These lot are fucked for a long time and thats best case scenario for them. Daring to hope liquidation after all. Jelly n ice cream at peg legs statue if its still standing. Tick Tock

Jelly and ice cream drizzled with something alcoholic. What with the shit-show we've had and COVID, this is an unexpected source of comfort. 

As each day passes beyond that August 31 "deadline" my hopes rise further. 

What rose from the Northern Premier League must surely end up back there.

• Members
5 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Jelly and ice cream drizzled with something alcoholic. What with the shit-show we've had and COVID, this is an unexpected source of comfort. 

As each day passes beyond that August 31 "deadline" my hopes rise further. 

What rose from the Northern Premier League must surely end up back there.

Yep. Returning to a natural equilibrium.

Them there and we in The Championship. A few years to go before the disturbance in the force is rectified.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Yep. Returning to a natural equilibrium.

Them there and we in The Championship. A few years to go before the disturbance in the force is rectified.

What we can say already is that they are very wounded even if they survive. No quick return to the Championship will draw them magnetically back to their natural habitats. 

It's a pleasure to watch it unfold. Along with all the squawking from the pie eaters who thought they had a comfortable period of one upmamship ahead. 

Every time in their history they've got a step ahead of us it's been over in the blinking of an eye. Mr Choi has made sure it happens again. 

On 17/09/2020 at 12:41, Burndens Bogs said:

I hope they don’t think all Wanderers fans are as sympathetic towards their heavenly plight. 

Twitter has told you all you need to know about karma and it coming back to them. This guy’s profile is a particular highlight.

Just constantly blowing a fuse at fans of other local clubs asking about Wigan’s situation. It’s hilarious.