Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Members

I remember seeing this on TV when I was a kid, about 30 years after the event before the resident comedians start. 

Can't explain why but I immediately thought of it when the name Jose Miguel Garrido Cristo was mentioned.

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

In fairness to the EFL, how can they block a deal when the other option is liquidation? 

They really can’t win can they 

They are only meant to be organising a league, scrutinising fruitcakes and con men shouldn’t be their responsibility 

Haven’t they made it their responsibility though by having a fit and proper rule; even though the rule is massively flawed?

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Haven’t they made it their responsibility though by having a fit and proper rule; even though the rule is massively flawed?

I suppose they have, not sure why it should be down to them though, your either allowed to own a UK company or your not (surely) 

In terms of this case, similar to many others, how can the EFL possibly say no? If they say No and the club gets liquidated they get hammered, if the only show in town is a con man and they approve then they get hammered anyway 

They should can the whole fit and proper stuff and go back to simply organising a league 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I suppose they have, not sure why it should be down to them though, your either allowed to own a UK company or your not (surely) 

In terms of this case, similar to many others, how can the EFL possibly say no? If they say No and the club gets liquidated they get hammered, if the only show in town is a con man and they approve then they get hammered anyway 

They should can the whole fit and proper stuff and go back to simply organising a league 

I suppose the clubs agree to the terms as part of their membership. Whether they would be prepared to get together and change things- dont know.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose the clubs agree to the terms as part of their membership. Whether they would be prepared to get together and change things- dont know.

I doubt it when they are happy to sell to any old charlatan, I doubt the seller cares in most cases where the buyers reddies are from 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Perhaps every club chairman would look at where things affect their own club so not much chance of any total agreement.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Youre right. The EFL dont make the rules they just implement them. Its the clubs that make the rules so blaming the clubs for EFL failings like many fans do is pointless and they are just a scapegoat. Like Wigan blaming EFL for the points deduction. Thats what all the other clubs wanted. Same with these dodgy owners or liquidation what can EFL do?

Just now, snowball said:

Youre right. The EFL dont make the rules they just implement them. Its the clubs that make the rules so blaming the clubs for EFL failings like many fans do is pointless and they are just a scapegoat. Like Wigan blaming EFL for the points deduction. Thats what all the other clubs wanted. Same with these dodgy owners or liquidation what can EFL do?

Sorry meant blaming the EFL is pointless when they are just doing what the other clubs want.

59 minutes ago, Boothy said:

please be true. already looking as dodgy as fuck without the LP article. 

Related to a lion tamer? Rolfcopter. Tax Evasion links to Charlton ,offices in Bury, bankruptcy, asset stripping . Plea for anonymity until completed (why? what they hiding?) This is going to get interesting