Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The official Wigan are shit thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Where did it come from after sam left? 

At Christmas, he wanted money the club couldn't give. When the next lump of Sky cash came in the summer, there was money to spend. Sam didn't want to wait, wanted the club to borrow against the Sky cash and sulked when it didn't happen.

There's always money in the future, just not always immediately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Traf said:

At Christmas, he wanted money the club couldn't give. When the next lump of Sky cash came in the summer, there was money to spend. Sam didn't want to wait, wanted the club to borrow against the Sky cash and sulked when it didn't happen.

There's always money in the future, just not always immediately.

That makes sense, wasn’t Sam after Alan Smith? Might not of been the best signing but even so given our demise since might of been better giving Sam the money.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Allardyce was fantastic for us

That cant be denied

Still think the players he left us with werent what they couldve been

It was all too short termist

But that was probably the only way we could achieve what we did

Who knows...great times

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That makes sense, wasn’t Sam after Alan Smith? Might not of been the best signing but even so given our demise since might of been better giving Sam the money.  

One Stretford wete in for Smith we had no chance.

Sam claims to have presented a list of 4 names & that any two of them would gave got us into the Champion's League level. But Gartside, & I assume Eddie, said we hadn't the resources & we got none of them.

We were 3rd at that time going into the January window. Sam never got over that & decided the club couldn't meet his ambitions. Maybe he was right. But how much would the club have benefitted ?

But Sam often claims to have been offered this player or that ... Drogba being one he speaks of. However, for all of his successes there were consideable failures. For every Faye, a Blessing Kaku. 

His single biggest failing was not "doing a Southampton" & setting up a strong youth system so we were producing quality and not always buying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, green genie said:

He's come across as right arse this week saying he'd have got Everton top 4 with his budget. Covering up for complete hash making of his current job

hes made a complete hash of 3 of my accas at least. twat

Link to post
Share on other sites

In should be a criminal offence to criticise Sams time here but his actions  since make it easier.

It is OK Sam claiming he had all these great players lined up. Some of which will be true. But when given a bit of money at Newcastle he went out and spent £6m on Alan Smith. At every club he has been at his story afterwards is how if he had been backed he would have signed certain players (Luca Modric is the Newcastle Drogba). 
 

What happened at Bolton when he was here in terms of players, results and the whole journey was brilliant. He was innovative and exciting. But he has never replicated that success.

I said when left it was a bad day for us and would be for him in the long term. If you could be arsed to go back plenty of idiots on here were glad to see him go. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Casino said:

We also sold anelka

Could you imagine the walrus being told he had to do that

In fairness I’d want my manager to be pissed off at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ani said:

In should be a criminal offence to criticise Sams time here but his actions  since make it easier.

It is OK Sam claiming he had all these great players lined up. Some of which will be true. But when given a bit of money at Newcastle he went out and spent £6m on Alan Smith. At every club he has been at his story afterwards is how if he had been backed he would have signed certain players (Luca Modric is the Newcastle Drogba). 
 

What happened at Bolton when he was here in terms of players, results and the whole journey was brilliant. He was innovative and exciting. But he has never replicated that success.

I said when left it was a bad day for us and would be for him in the long term. If you could be arsed to go back plenty of idiots on here were glad to see him go. 

 

Well said. Madness he’s not seen as a hero to all. He really fucked that up

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

One Stretford wete in for Smith we had no chance.

He wanted to buy him off Utd, and then signed him for Newcastle 

Another player he wanted was Juan Pablo Sorin on loan after missing out in the summer 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ani said:

In should be a criminal offence to criticise Sams time here but his actions  since make it easier.

It is OK Sam claiming he had all these great players lined up. Some of which will be true. But when given a bit of money at Newcastle he went out and spent £6m on Alan Smith. At every club he has been at his story afterwards is how if he had been backed he would have signed certain players (Luca Modric is the Newcastle Drogba). 
 

What happened at Bolton when he was here in terms of players, results and the whole journey was brilliant. He was innovative and exciting. But he has never replicated that success.

I said when left it was a bad day for us and would be for him in the long term. If you could be arsed to go back plenty of idiots on here were glad to see him go. 

 

I dont think Allardyce, or his bank balance, have ever looked back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read another story about a new party interested in buying them yesterday. None of them ever do though. These fuckers have been in admin since July. If they are still in this position come June they are back out of the football league. I felt a bit sorry when Bury went even though they hated us. I won't be sorry if these tinpot charlatans expire. Enjoying every minute of events since last Summer, including these last two home defeats. Bring on their demise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Read another story about a new party interested in buying them yesterday. None of them ever do though. These fuckers have been in admin since July. If they are still in this position come June they are back out of the football league. I felt a bit sorry when Bury went even though they hated us. I won't be sorry if these tinpot charlatans expire. Enjoying every minute of events since last Summer, including these last two home defeats. Bring on their demise.

Said the same to the old man. Bury, I felt sorry for. Dale has taken them for everything. They have a history and genuine fans who are still gutted.

Wigan only go when the Rugby team is away. No genuine fans and that cunt rubbing his eyes on sky and the twats who turned up at the lofty statue with jelly and ice cream deserve everything they are getting with more besides

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Said the same to the old man. Bury, I felt sorry for. Dale has taken them for everything. They have a history and genuine fans who are still gutted.

Wigan only go when the Rugby team is away. No genuine fans and that cunt rubbing his eyes on sky and the twats who turned up at the lofty statue with jelly and ice cream deserve everything they are getting with more besides

It was the turning up at the statue that did it. Completely lacking in class. What goes around comes around, karma - put it any which way you want. They've got it coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I worked with a bloke for 12 months

He hated me cos I'd been given his job

Hes one of the ones at the statue

Hes watched em since non league

I'd like him to complete the circle but I'd not want em to die, cos he got me a beer in his daughters bar after the last wigan game

Nice as pie he was...football fans are alreet and don't deserve to lose their team

 

NB this post brought to you by a contented whites fan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked with a Wiggin fan years ago (eighties when we were both shite)H e was a decent bloke 

Worked with another one later from Chorley & he hated us with a passion ....thinly disguised. 

When they go tits up I will feel sorry the lad from the eighties but my god I hope I meet that twat from Chorley somewhere so I can abuse him with gusto.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From Simon Stone, bbc reporter

"Wigan Athletic remain in administration but the situation needs resolving quickly as EFL rules prevent them starting a second campaign without a buyer.
A consortium led by a Bahrain-based businessman is now the front runner but negotiations have slowed.
It seems paperwork has been submitted to the EFL, who are broadly supportive, but somewhere along the line there has been a hold-up and as each day passes without a resolution, the chances of it actually happening reduce.
Funding, apparently, is not the issue and this deal is seen as being more viable than the Spanish one that collapsed at Christmas.
But it is fair to say frustration is growing from all sides, which is not helping as the club battle to avoid relegation into League Two."

Doesn't fill you with optimism does it

 

Read the above on their latics speyk board...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.