Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Oh to be a Bolton fan living in Wigan right now. Don't be compassionate. And no sympathetic smile of comfort. Remember the internal torment you experienced 12 months ago. Well, this is a precious opportunity that you have right now. It won't happen again. Both barrels. Take no prisoners. Don't let's us down.

God bless you (I'm so jealous).

2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Oh to be a Bolton fan living in Wigan right now. Don't be compassionate. And no sympathetic smile of comfort. Remember the internal torment you experienced 12 months ago. Well, this is a precious opportunity that you have right now. It won't happen again. Both barrels. Take no prisoners. Don't let's us down.

I am a Bolton fan living and working in Wigan what a life I’m leading at the minute the smile has never left my face for weeks.12 months ago when these  Wigan fans we’re chirping  they were saying that my precious bwfc was going bust they didn’t like it when I was saying that Wigan will still be in our shadow if we do go bust. my stomach was churning and in knots 

12 months on this is my time and they are getting it, if/when The few of them do  come out there’s a few Bolton fans in my village waiting for them 

ohhhh there is a god

2 minutes ago, Wigan wanderer said:

I am a Bolton fan living and working in Wigan what a life I’m leading at the minute the smile has never left my face for weeks.12 months ago when these  Wigan fans we’re chirping  they were saying that my precious bwfc was going bust they didn’t like it when I was saying that Wigan will still be in our shadow if we do go bust. my stomach was churning and in knots 

12 months on this is my time and they are getting it, if/when The few of them do  come out there’s a few Bolton fans in my village waiting for them 

ohhhh there is a god

I am with you brother

18 minutes ago, Underpants said:

No quarter  is being given.

Don't get it, whats bordering on obsesion with some. They are a tiny, insignificant club with no history, no rivals and no fans. They are going back where they came from. Leave them alone so there tiny fanbase can sculk back to watching the oval ball game. It will be like they never exsisted.

• Moderators

In case you cba looking, this is lovely

I can't express how very sorry I am to have given you what turned out to be false hope in some of my previous posts.

At this point, like a lot of fans, I am devastated. My mind cannot accept what has happened today. It's an injustice.

My views were formed earlier last week, when it was announced that we had a barrister with international fraud expertise. I immediately thought they were going back and revealing the whole crooked sham which has been going on from 2018.

Dr Choi has managed to remove circa £10m from our club via his financial wizardry.
A business like ours, cannot stand this, it's on par with our turnover. It's just suicidal. That sum would have got us past the end of the season and with no need for administration. How can we be punished for this?

These are some relevant facts which I provide to the QC but who knows if they took them seriously or even read them.

On 21 Oct 2018, I wrote to J White, Sports Editor of South China Morning Post;-

IEC have announced that they will complete the takeover within a few weeks. They've agreed a purchase price; circa £22.5m. This includes the stadium, the surrounding land and car parks, the team, numerous pieces of land and training facilities.

But the purchase will be partially made via a hybrid leverage scheme at a quoted a figure of £6.5m as a 'working capital loan' to Mr Whelan/family. This is absolute nonsense. The club cannot afford this; it's a noose around it's neck and it will be dragged down in the long term.

I note, according to their accounts, IEC have made losses over the last few years. So, the question arises; Why is a loss making business purchasing a bigger loss making business? However, IEC are advising their shareholders that the reason for the purchase is an extra revenue stream! It's a lie!

I had worked this could only be an asset stripping process – including selling players.

In December 2018, two Wigan players had been sold. I noted Paul Cooke stated that he wouldn't be buying replacements until summer. Considering our league status and weakened team my 'gut feel' went hyper, I anticipated the worst.

I was right; IEC 2019 interim results stated; “Since the acquisition date, Wigan has contributed revenue of HK$57,365,000 (£5.8 million) and a profit after tax of HK$54,294,000 (£5.56 million) to the Group....”

Also, Dr Choi has 'crafted up' and dumped on us a £24.6m loan which he dishonestly got support from his shareholders. The main terms are; £38k a week interest and have to pay it back on 29 May 2021.

He knows we will default. But no problem – he'll set it off against profits of his parent company and probably claim against his business insurance policy. A win win scenario!

As you may be aware; I warned the EFL of the toxic loan. We cannot afford to pay the weekly interest nor repay £24.6m next year. A journo nailed one of the EFL admin men who admitted they had received my email but said they had rigorously examined the matter and found it to be OK.

However, Administrator G Krasner keeps saying the loan doesn't exist and so, rendered this aspect as dead as a Dodo.

• Moderators

Im not quoting that but fuck me it takes me back 18 months

A period of absolute misery

I don't want Wigan to go bust but I really do want them to have abject misery for a couple of seasons

I hope we get to play them at their place along the way next season in the cup and give them an absolute twatting

42 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Don't get it, whats bordering on obsesion with some. They are a tiny, insignificant club with no history, no rivals and no fans. They are going back where they came from. Leave them alone so there tiny fanbase can sculk back to watching the oval ball game. It will be like they never exsisted.

An increasingly bitter rivalry has been festering for a few years now.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Dr Choi is an honorary Wanderer. 

We should at least get a picture of him (or a silhouette as nobody seems to have ever seen him) on The Spirit of Sport  trophy on that roundabout outside Ground. Inscribed with Agent Choi  'For services to Bolton " 

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Have you been to Wigan away in last ten years?

We were allowed to start the season because we had a takeover pending with a viable business plan. It took months to get that far. 

They have about six weeks. No manager. Players who if not paid will be able to walk away. Horror stories coming out about their finances. Do not think they own their ground. 

If anyone was mad enough to buy a football club in current economic climate why the fuck would that club be Wigan ? I think they are fucked. 

I'm guessing a local consortium will cobble something together and reluctantly chuck in right at the death to  bail them out.

They'll have to massively cut their wage bill and their income will be drastically reduced.

Wigans day in the sun is well and truly over

Thanks for the memories, now fuck off.

7 hours ago, Ani said:

We were allowed to start the season because we had a takeover pending with a viable business plan. It took months to get that far. 

They have about six weeks. No manager. Players who if not paid will be able to walk away. Horror stories coming out about their finances. Do not think they own their ground. 

If anyone was mad enough to buy a football club in current economic climate why the fuck would that club be Wigan ? I think they are fucked. 

If they think the efl are the villains now, wait until they say you're not starting the new season in admin.

They did appoint some staff from within yesterday as manager and coach but that's just rearranging the deckchairs on the good ship Wigan.

If they can’t provide assurances (money) that they can complete the season (and admin aren’t paying for it) then they’re not starting shit 

many of the interested parties have drifted away, it’ll leave one at best I reckon. Some ‘local’ consortium who haven’t got a pot to piss in. Prolonging their pain as they tumble back to where they belong