Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Leigh Tics new name

FRESH START Wigan’s potential new owners willing to MOVE stadium to Leigh’s rugby league ground from DW if takeover is sealed

Exclusive

• 8 Sep 2020, 16:48
  • Updated: 8 Sep 2020, 16:49

WIGAN’S potential new owners are willing to move GROUND to play at Leigh's Rugby League stadium.
The American takeover pair Randy Frankel and Michael Kalt are in talks about the shock switch of 'home' as they try to get a deal done to rescue the club from administration

Wigan's potential new owners want to leave the DW Stadium    Credit: PA:press Association
The change of address from Wigan's old DW Stadium ground would need approval by the EFL.
But it is already used by Manchester United in the WSL as well as Leigh in the rugby world.
This surprise idea has also been run past supporters groups and the local authorities and is now part of their plans for the future.
The group, advised and fronted by Frenchman Gauthier Ganaye, are unwilling to pay the £3 million asking price for the current stadium.
They have offered £500,001 for the football club and training ground.
But that was rejected by the administrators.
The admins are demanding the £3 million sum for the stadium to be paid too.
That figure covers their fees along with the creditors and legal costs.

Wigan rugby chief Ian Lenagan has been trying to buy the ground and become landlord rather than tenant and that is still in negotiation.

However the French-American team are unhappy with the rental terms he wants.

And they turned to Leigh's modern and compact ground as an alternative

Edited by Benny The Ball

6 minutes ago, Super Bock said:

Can’t see them actually moving to Leigh but having the option is obviously handy when it comes to rent negotiations on the DW.

I cant either - something does not ring true about these american billionaires 

Stage set for Lenaghan ( Rugby club  ) to  play good cop and buy the stadium and do a deal with Jacksons local consortium - assuming Jackson has cobbled the necessary monies together 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Hard to follow all the comings and goings with this around work and family etc. What's the consensus then? On a scale of 1 to 10 how much in the mire are these cunts? (10 being the deepest of deep shit)

I suppose at the outset you'd say with any club it's 50/50. However the only buyer in town doesn't want the stadium and the admins need to sell it to finance their wages. Given that the season starts on Saturday time is the enemy as well. I'll go for 7.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Am i correct in thinking Horwich RMI  played at Leigh Sports Village for a while?

So in effect Wigan may play on Horwich rmi old ground

3 hours ago, leigh white said:

Under the guise " Leigh Genesis".

Horwich left Grundy Hill for Leigh and I’m fairly sure became Leigh Railway Mechanics Institute which given Leigh’s lack of rail infrastructure I always found ironic.