Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, royal white said:

You couldn’t make it up. White BLM protestor killed by a black Driver 🤦‍♂️

Blimey 😮 - the footage of the incident on the thread.

Protesting on the highway at night, in black.  One tweeter referred to her as 'non brainery'

7 hours ago, royal white said:

Again that comes down to class over privilege/race 

I bet there’s thousands on non black kids that want to get into motorsport but their parents can’t afford it. Will he provide funding for them or just for black kids, if the latter is that not just adding to the problem? 

I think the point Hamilton is making is if you look at the pit crews for instance they are virtually all white. These are mechanics. Now they will be some of the best mechanics in the world so is that because folk from the BAME community are just not interested or are they being excluded in some way. 
He is providing funding to look at that specific question . He is not saying there be other issues that affect other groups. Be used before but if someone raises money for a breast cancer charity they are not saying other cancers do not matter they are raising money for something that has probably affected them more. 
He is a strange character Hamilton can come across as very pompous but maybe that is the type of person you need to be to  be at the top of the sport. Vettel and Schumacher hardly seemed like laid back guys. 

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

debatable 😂

There’s a lot of tweets being deleted, it’s not the white Trump supporting supremacist that they was hoping behind the wheel. 

An inconvenient truth.

I am struggling to grasp why the world is descending into utter madness. It's basically down to softarses pandering to minorities.

I wouldn't mind seeing a graph depicting the growth in PC bollocks superimposed upon a graph where men relaxed control and allowed women a greater role.

I am convinced a correlation will be found.

Just before the usual shitheads start jumping up and down and foaming at their virtue signalling orifices, you won't find a more ardent supporter of a strong female leader with clear vision than me. Boudicca, Saint Margaret and HM all bloody marvellous. They are just few and far between.

10 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

An inconvenient truth.

I am struggling to grasp why the world is descending into utter madness. It's basically down to softarses pandering to minorities.

I wouldn't mind seeing a graph depicting the growth in PC bollocks superimposed upon a graph where men relaxed control and allowed women a greater role.

I am convinced a correlation will be found.

Just before the usual shitheads start jumping up and down and foaming at their virtue signalling orifices, you won't find a more ardent supporter of a strong female leader with clear vision than me. Boudicca, Saint Margaret and HM all bloody marvellous. They are just few and far between.

So you are happy with strong female leaders. 
You acknowledge they are ‘few and far between’. 
So presumably support action to get more of them ? 😁

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I like LH myself, fantastic driver. But I just wish sportsmen and musicians would take a back seat when it come to politics, 1: it must lose them fans, 2: it should really be about the sport or music.

Why don't you stick to whatever it is you do for a living, rather than express your political opinions in public?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Blimey 😮 - the footage of the incident on the thread.

Protesting on the highway at night, in black.  One tweeter referred to her as 'non brainery'

Not only at night but looks like they made their own barricade on the road, fucking idiots

9 hours ago, Ani said:

He did put a tweet out earlier in the week which pissed off the other drivers along those lines though. 
Not sure it weakens the message if all the people taking a knee or doing so because they choose to as was the case with the drivers today. 

Thanks... yeah I'm reading some stuff he posted from last week along the lines of 'silence is  complicit'. Not clear from the article who that is directed at though..

Seems unwilling to criticise his fellow drivers even though the media is looking for it. Thought it worked well yesterday & I don't see anyone being accused of racism.

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Example:

I pay £150 to go and see U2, Bono spouts politics inbetween songs. 

No thanks, i have come to watch U2 playing their songs.

I don't think there is a single person on the planet that doesn't know that any U2 gig will have a large section of it given over to Bono pontificating and spouting his political views  -  and that's why I've never even entertained paying to watch them live

• Members
1 hour ago, Ani said:

So you are happy with strong female leaders. 
You acknowledge they are ‘few and far between’. 
So presumably support action to get more of them ? 😁

Fuck off Ani. It was not you I was fishing for ;)

26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Example:

I pay £150 to go and see U2, Bono spouts politics inbetween songs. 

No thanks, i have come to watch U2 playing their songs.

I haven't said they can't have an opinion, i just dont want to hear rich sports stars and musicians spouting off their politics, whichever side of the political fence they are on, i want to see them play and compete.

So that is your choice. If Bono (who is a prick) chooses to risk losing customers due to his political inane ramblings that is his choice. Musicians since day 1 have put over a message of some sort. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I take it that applies to all of us on here.

No - it should apply to nobody. Not even sportsmen and musicians. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You obviously don't like my opinion or view, so what? 

So nothing. As I said, just pointing out your hypocrisy. It's ok for you to air your views regardless of your occupation, but Lewis Hamilton should get back in his box and stick to what he does for a living.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

So, just to get this straight, you can have an opinion on things and use social media to share these views?

But a famous musician or sportsman can't?

That's just, like, his opinion man.

12 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

No, i actually stated whichever side of the political fence they sit on.

That is what you said. What I am saying is that you would not be raising it if you did agree with them. 
Yours is a world with a wall around it, mine is the green field and the factory floor.