Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Members
10 hours ago, embankment said:

Now dont be hasty .

Have got a leather jacket with full arm fringes that you can borrow .

You can keep the leather jacket pal. Diabolical.

I'll go through with the meet up but the first fucker who starts singing "It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale" and I'm out of there.

I have a reputation to maintain tha' knows. I have known folk be expelled from the Rotary Club for associating with Village People types.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Rudy said:

@ZicoKelly I think we’ve briefly met at Blackpool away I think and a home game 

Anyways based off that and on here  I always thought you were sound, cool, Fellow weed smoker and likes a drink. I thought he’s alright Zico

I’ve been duped 

it's still me mate, in the boots

it's still me

18 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not at all

This was taken the day i bought them

Weren't cheap, something like £250

SBCT0SQ.jpg

So who has swiped right ? Who swiped left ? Looks like a swingers advert. 

‘undercover surveillance cowboy looks for Russian bird to ride in the rodeo’. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, desperado said:

An emotional and heartfelt response to BLM from Michael Holding and Ebony Rainford-Brent on Sky today. Better viewed listening to them, but can’t find a video link. But a news link here

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/michael-holding-and-ebony-rainford-brent-call-for-end-to-institutional-racism 

Just watched it.

ERB clearly had some shit thrown at her in her younger days. Terrible.

Holding makes his point with vigour, but I don't agree with some of it. Some of the blm movement are clearly hell bent on things well away from equality.

• Members
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

😆 spot on, thats one brand that screams touch me bum when we score.

Avoid at all (stupidly inflated) costs.

If you had the choice to have a mini metro or an Aston Martin which are you picking?

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you had the choice to have a mini metro or an Aston Martin which are you picking?

They don’t get it mate. Simple.

But each to their own. Those cowboy boots reaffirmed this for me last night 

2 hours ago, desperado said:

An emotional and heartfelt response to BLM from Michael Holding and Ebony Rainford-Brent on Sky today. Better viewed listening to them, but can’t find a video link. But a news link here

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/michael-holding-and-ebony-rainford-brent-call-for-end-to-institutional-racism 

Good listen that. Cheers for sharing.

Noticed a couple of the more subtle things said by Ebony Rainford-Brent when reflecting on her experiences of racism . Such as 'your lot' or 'does everyone in your area get stabbed then'. Makes me think of some of the comments I've heard more recently where folk have said black people should look inwardly more or George Floyd was a violent thug so why are people bothered. 

Edited by London Wanderer

19 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched it.

ERB clearly had some shit thrown at her in her younger days. Terrible.

Holding makes his point with vigour, but I don't agree with some of it. Some of the blm movement are clearly hell bent on things well away from equality.

Maybe some are. The majority of people supporting this idea black lives matter are not that minority.  Watching that video it is hard to disagree with anything they say. The reality is that the constant drip feed of negativity around ‘your lot’ does put people off. Something that we all probably do/have done the main message MH is getting over is that we need to educate people to improve how we act so that it gets eradicated. 

• Site Supporter
On 09/07/2020 at 13:14, Ani said:

Maybe some are. The majority of people supporting this idea black lives matter are not that minority.  Watching that video it is hard to disagree with anything they say. The reality is that the constant drip feed of negativity around ‘your lot’ does put people off. Something that we all probably do/have done the main message MH is getting over is that we need to educate people to improve how we act so that it gets eradicated. 

I'm aware of where he's coming tomorrow.

However I don't need educating as to how I act. When I go to the football, it's to watch and be entertained. The colour of the players is immaterial.

Similar if I go into a shop, the doctor, whatever.

No doubt they have both had bad experiences, but, just as some of the blm movement don't represent all the black community, a number of racists don't represent all white or other communities.

MH talked about teaching kids about history relating to black and white people- I'll go along with that whole heartedly, so long as it's a complete, no holds barred approach, which highlights the horrors of the slave trade and it's perpetrators, whether they were white, black, Arab or whatever.

On 08/07/2020 at 21:09, kent_white said:

I'm not driving a Mini Metro

My dad always bought British in the 70s and 80s. Consequently we had an array of shit cars. Morris Ital, Montego, but my Mum's MG mini metro was cool.White, grey and red.

Edited by peelyfeet