Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Very good drama on bbc1 last night about  the murder of a young black lad in Liverpool in the 00s.

It was a drama but based on a true story, this must have been around the time of the Stephen Laurence murder , that got massive publicity but I'd never heard of this Liverpool incedent.

22 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Nice one mate. Yes, of course most often tongue in cheek. Just looking to get a rise from certain types in  most cases. I really don't like protestors though - of whatever political hue. Maybe I should offer an olive branch. Just the water cannon then :D

No offence taken. I have offended many during my time on here! Would still happily have a pint with 99% of my BWFC brothers.

👍

29 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Very good drama on bbc1 last night about  the murder of a young black lad in Liverpool in the 00s.

It was a drama but based on a true story, this must have been around the time of the Stephen Laurence murder , that got massive publicity but I'd never heard of this Liverpool incedent.

The Anthony Walker murder was in 05.  Stephen Lawrence was in 93

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Anthony Walker murder, committed by Joey Barton's brother.

• Members

Sort of related but I saw something this morning about the Exeter Chiefs refusing to change their name and emblem after pressure from some 20 odd year old female loudmouth/screecher campaigning for the removal of 'ethnically insensitive' club names.

FFS, just exactly how many US native Americans do we have in the UK? I know one once visited and bought a transporter bridge in Middlesbrough so we must be careful. Do these sad twats have nothing else to worry about in their lives?

Exterminate.

Edited by bolty58

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Sort of related but I saw something this morning about the Exeter Chiefs refusing to change their name and emblem after pressure from some 20 odd year old female loudmouth/screecher campaigning for the removal of 'ethnically insensitive' club names.

FFS, just exactly how many US native Americans do we have in the UK? I know one once visited and bought a transporter bridge in Middlesbrough so we must be careful. Do these sad twats have nothing else to worry about in their lives?

Exterminate.

I know 2 folks with native american ancestry

Thankfully, their Board kept with the name

Aye, I'm all for being aware of cultural sensitivities and what not but I'd be staggered if any First Nation people were upset at a part time group of egg chasers, several thousand miles away calling themselves Chiefs.

The woman trying to condemn it just came across as ridiculous. 

Well Lofty the lion will have to go, apparently there's hell on in Tanzania, a pride of lions were SO angry at this stereotypical feline profiling that one tried to attack a passing antelope.

In support i went in the papershop without a mask and refused to buy a lion bar.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Exterminate.

Extermination seems a little on the harsh side.

Told to pipe down might be a bit more appropriate. Or ignored maybe? :)

• Members
28 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Please my friend, don't lose the reputation of the one leftie on WWays with a remoaning modicum of a sense of humour.

I just had one of my Davros moments, that's all. It passes after a short while (well, at least until I see another of the overwhelmed with self importance jumped up little snots determined to find something to be seen to be offended about) ;)

• Members
4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

I know 2 folks with native american ancestry

Thankfully, their Board kept with the name

Fair point. I defer to my erudite friend Mr. Miamiwhite for comment.

If he is offended then I will happily contribute to the campaign to force the Exeter Chiefs to rethink their dastardly decision.

Now then chaps - no doubt you saw this:

https://www.farmonline.com.au/story/6852019/coon-dairy-boss-has-say-on-names-dumping-from-cheese/?cs=14138

The family name and they have to change it to satisfy antipodean screechers. It's a mad world.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Told to pipe down might be a bit more appropriate. Or ignored maybe? :)

Where was this woman screeching?

Unfortunately, too many nutcases given air time.

Sounds seriously short of an orgasm or two.

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm being gently encouraged to 'state my preferred pronouns' on the bottom of my email signature at the moment. 

I don't know a single person who's 'preferred pronouns' are anything other than exactly what you'd expect them to be so far! 

Something we’ll have to get used to

I don’t know what Mx is and I don’t know how to address a client who is that

Progress, I suppose

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Something we’ll have to get used to

I don’t know what Mx is and I don’t know how to address a client who is that

Progress, I suppose

"How do you prefer to be addressed?" Problem solved. 👍

• Site Supporter

Where did this CIS prefix come from? I’m seeing lots of posts on Faceache where genders are prefixed CIS when the person is “still” the gender as assigned at birth.

Am I right in thinking that this is such a majority that we might as well call a person born a male and still a male should be labelled a male and someone born a female and still a female should be labelled a female?

Edited by MickyD