Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Nothing in the video shows the coppers actions to be racially motivated 

Absolutely nothing in the video shows he deserved to be murdered either. Absolutely horrific. The cops don't have to be wearing pointy white hats and screaming Racist insults to prove they treat people differently according to the colour of their skin. Systemic Racism is almost always silent and usually invisible at first glance. It's a cultural mindset. One which you obviously don't realise you're a part of.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye 

If he was white they would have served him an afternoon Tea and patted him on the back 

Bollocks

As if that's what anyone is saying. Give your head a wobble. 

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As if that's what anyone is saying. Give your head a wobble. 

Seems like your implying that he only died because he was Black, I disagree with that if so 

I don’t believe the intention was to kill him. I also don't think he helped himself by acting the dick head 

Of course that doesn’t mean he deserves to die, far from it but I don’t see why that incident is in anyway a sign of systemic racism in the US. I bet you could find 100 incidents every day involving the US Police that are more clear cut 

10 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

I'm not missing anything fella.....you are missing lots of things.

Sweet dreams Redneck x

Course I miss things - happy to admit that. I'm not actively involved and I don't spend all day looking into it. 

I'm not disputing most of the videos you selectively post about the BLM movement. Whilst many of them come from biased sources and lack any background context, they do show a truth. 

What I'm questionning is the certainty with which you brand them all. You've just labelled everyone inolved in a movement as "Marxist shitbags". I'm arguing it's not that simple. Luther King and the civil rights movement were seen as a massive threat to the US state and constantly vilified as Marxist or communist toerags. Often by people who made no effort to understand what they were experiencing or their message. 

18 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Course I miss things - happy to admit that. I'm not actively involved and I don't spend all day looking into it. 

I'm not disputing most of the videos you selectively post about the BLM movement. Whilst many of them come from biased sources and lack any background context, they do show a truth. 

What I'm questionning is the certainty with which you brand them all. You've just labelled everyone inolved in a movement as "Marxist shitbags". I'm arguing it's not that simple. Luther King and the civil rights movement were seen as a massive threat to the US state and constantly vilified as Marxist or communist toerags. Often by people who made no effort to understand what they were experiencing or their message. 

You said it yourself last night fella......numbers have decreased in size. Folk have realised what their real aim is and got wise to it.

47 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Seems like your implying that he only died because he was Black, I disagree with that if so 

I don’t believe the intention was to kill him. I also don't think he helped himself by acting the dick head 

Of course that doesn’t mean he deserves to die, far from it but I don’t see why that incident is in anyway a sign of systemic racism in the US. I bet you could find 100 incidents every day involving the US Police that are more clear cut 

We don't know what would have happened under the same circumstances if the victim was white. Looking at that coppers history he's clearly a bully and a thug who shouldn't have been given that level of power. The compliance of his colleagues is almost just as horrifying and there were countless other ways they could have handled that situation. 

My interpretation of what Cheese is saying is that racial prejudice isn't always clear cut. The officers didn't have any respect for his well-being or his family. I doubt any of them were thinking 'I don't care if he can't breathe because he's a black scumbag who deserves to die'. But they could have been holding racial prejudice that meant they treated him differently than they would another unarmed suspect who wasn't mentally stable.

And even it was just down to awful policing - for many in the US it would  still be an understandable trigger. 

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

We don't know what would have happened under the same circumstances if the victim was white. Looking at that coppers history he's clearly a bully and a thug who shouldn't have been given that level of power. The compliance of his colleagues is almost just as horrifying and there were countless other ways they could have handled that situation. 

My interpretation of what Cheese is saying is that racial prejudice isn't always clear cut. The officers didn't have any respect for his well-being or his family. I doubt any of them were thinking 'I don't care if he can't breathe because he's a black scumbag who deserves to die'. But they could have been holding racial prejudice that meant they treated him differently than they would another unarmed suspect who wasn't mentally stable.

And even it was just down to awful policing - for many in the US it would  still be an understandable trigger. 

Have you even thought that the police knew Floyd's lengthy criminal record when they arrested him ? Hence maybe why he would be treated differently ? Absolutely nothing to do with race, please stop this narrative.

Re other people being treated differently, we've been through this a thousand times. Check the white guy who died under similar circumstances,  the video was uploaded on here a few weeks ago.

Thank you and have a nice day 

51 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Have you even thought that the police knew Floyd's lengthy criminal record when they arrested him ? Hence maybe why he would be treated differently ? Absolutely nothing to do with race, please stop this narrative.

Re other people being treated differently, we've been through this a thousand times. Check the white guy who died under similar circumstances,  the video was uploaded on here a few weeks ago.

Thank you and have a nice day 

We don't know if they knew of his past arrests and sentences from Texas. From the call we know that he wasn't identified.

Well aware that many white people have been treated in they same way but most who've seen the evidence would agree that the police, judiciary and prison system disproportionately effects black people in the US. Floyd was first locked up in his 20s for 6 months and given a permanent criminal record for delivering less than a gram of cocaine to a friend. Wonder how many wealthy white Americans would get the same sentence?

His armed robbery later in life was fucking awful which is why there will be many who don't sympathise with what he went through or his 'martyrdom'. But if the US is serious about breaking the cycles of violence then meaningful changes need to take place. Sure Trumps got this one covered 👍

A good day to you to sir. 

Edited by London Wanderer

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

The trick is to shout "racism " ,even when there is no evidence of racism , so often that it then can be claimed that there is "systemic racism ".

Here's an actual racist attack from last month in America though i must have missed the BBC's coverage of it ........

Doubt that would make BBC headlines or much media coverage really. If there was systemtic slapping of white Street dancers by black passers by then maybe. 

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

Doubt that would make BBC headlines or much media coverage really. If there was systemtic slapping of white Street dancers by black passers by then maybe. 

If that had been a white adult punching a black kid, it would have been the lead story on the BBC news.

28 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

If that had been a white adult punching a black kid, it would have been the lead story on the BBC news.

It's not extreme enough to be the lead story on the BBC, it's questionable whether its racially motivated or not and it was in Missouri a month ago. If it was in Horwich, no doubt you'd see it on Granada reports, but lead story on BBC is an exaggeration, there's videos of racial attacks, cops killing folk of all colours in the US all the time and we never hear anything of it. 

35 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's not extreme enough to be the lead story on the BBC, it's questionable whether its racially motivated or not and it was in Missouri a month ago. If it was in Horwich, no doubt you'd see it on Granada reports, but lead story on BBC is an exaggeration, there's videos of racial attacks, cops killing folk of all colours in the US all the time and we never hear anything of it. 

If the "victim" is black, the BBC are quick to report incidents as racist when it is  often questionable as to whether they are racially motivated.

Just now, the BBC national news reported on a fairly trivial story of a black woman who was unhappy with the her treatment by the police who admitted that an officer handled her case badly but not to any racism........yet the BBC played up the race angle & dragged up the largely discredited recent story that they widely covered , of the 2 athletes who played the race card.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

The trick is to shout "racism " ,even when there is no evidence of racism , so often that it then can be claimed that there is "systemic racism ".

Here's an actual racist attack from last month in America though i must have missed the BBC's coverage of it ........

go on

what makes you think it's racist?

just looks like a cunt's trick to me

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

go on

what makes you think it's racist?

just looks like a cunt's trick to me

Since the attacker is black & the victim is the only white person in sight & has done nothing to provoke the attack, I'd say that it's a fair assumption that it was racially motivated........if the black & white roles were reversed, are you seriously suggesting that it would just be classed as a cunt's trick ?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Since the attacker is black & the victim is the only white person in sight & has done nothing to provoke the attack, I'd say that it's a fair assumption that it was racially motivated........if the black & white roles were reversed, are you seriously suggesting that it would just be classed as a cunt's trick ?

yes I would, I wouldn't want to presume racism without evidence, or a suggestion of it

two people of different skin colour involved in an altercation is not evidence of racism in my book

but, like you said, if you want to find racism, the trick is to shout racism, even when there is no evidence of racism

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

yes I would, I wouldn't want to presume racism without evidence, or a suggestion of it

two people of different skin colour involved in an altercation is not evidence of racism in my book

but, like you said, if you want to find racism, the trick is to shout racism, even when there is no evidence of racism

If the incident were here and @bolton va vareported a racist incident it would be. However to say it’s a racially aggravated assault, just from the video is wrong as the intent of the suspect isn’t known, this area is covered by gathering other evidence and an interview.

This of course is just looking at the video and not considering any other evidence which may or may not be available. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Dear god....some people have been watching Platoon

At least they all know their left feet from their right feet...

Oh, stop watching before the 23 second mark otherwise maybe they don’t!