Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Correct. Been to a few Opera’s in Prague. (Won’t be going anytime soon though) Real diverse audience. They don’t have a class system over there though and it’s relatively cheap. 
Even went to a Ballet last year at the Albert Halls. 

I watched some Chinese opera thing at the lowry a while ago.  Oh my God. 3 hrs of torture. Sounded like out of tune  evil BeeGees.

Edited by peelyfeet

9 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Nah, none of the experimental ear hell, just good old fashioned classical music made by some bloke with a wig on  from czechoslovakia or Austria about 250 years ago. 

‘Good old fashioned’ is the problem though. Most of the great composers were very Nationalistic. Smetana and Dvorak the Czech composer’s were no different. 
It’s worth noting that Hitler banned a lot of music when he came to power. Because it was inconsistent with his ideology.

https://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/banned.htm

30 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Dizzee Rascal did a gig at the proms it was superb 

Pete Tong kicked off his classical ibiza/dance movement at the proms with the London Heritage Orchestra. 

I love stuff like that. I go to a Haçienda Classical gig pretty much every year. Lucky Chops, Mark Ronson etc. 

Give me an orchestra/band playing music with a foot tapping beat, it's awesome. 

• Members
Just now, dave2980 said:

Pete Tong kicked off his classical ibiza/dance movement at the proms with the London Heritage Orchestra. 

I love stuff like that. I go to a Haçienda Classical gig pretty much every year. Lucky Chops, Mark Ronson etc. 

It was great really enjoyed it. Dizzee with a Rage Against the Machine cover with a proms cover. Loved it 

15 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Here you go. Love this.

Greatest encounter with the classical music crowd was at Warwick Arts Centre.

We'd gone to see Ozomatli (hip-hop, ska, latino mix) in one of the smaller rooms some big philharmonic orchestra were in the main room. It was bloody sweltering so Ozomatli decided to take the gig to the outside and have a party on the grass. Cue a couple of hundred punks, skaters and other ne'er do wells dancing past penguin suited and fancy frock types in the foyer area during their intermission. A mixture of horrified, terrified and confused faces watched us conga our way out.

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

‘Good old fashioned’ is the problem though. Most of the great composers were very Nationalistic. Smetana and Dvorak the Czech composer’s were no different. 
It’s worth noting that Hitler banned a lot of music when he came to power. Because it was inconsistent with his ideology.

https://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/banned.htm

What was Hitler in to? Massive attack? 

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

French meanwhile were into "Going underground".

Haha. That's very crap music.

I went on a German exchange in 5th year, the lad I paired with bought me a german pop album, by the group below. Shittest album ever. I still speak to him on twitter, he's a boffin physicist for Bayer.

14 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Never watched it or been tempted to, had presumed it was all posh nonces mincing about.

They've promoted the hell out of it with this pointless dog shit and will probably get their highest viewing figures. Create a storm then capitalize off it 👍

Always enjoyed watching it , but reckon your right 

Could see it resembling this in years to come 

17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Some of them just try to be clever and haven't a clue. I watched an interview last night, Ian Collins, he was interviewing some dude from BLM and the dude wanted people to go on a national register if they were found guilty of being racist (the racist regester) and within a minute he called Collins 'white privileged', tbf to Collins he didnt respond to the comment and kept his cool, then asked him further down the interview if that also applies to people calling someone 'White privileged', could that term be deemed as racist and offensive, in the end the BLM fella didn't really know what he wanted, he just seemed to be making it up as an excuse to be wanting a protest March, of which the Police wouldn't police, so it's been taken to the high court, Collins stated that in 20 years time we will still be banging on about the same shit, and he is correct... imo.

Morgan Freeman has it right, stop talking about it, but unfortunately it's on the main news  and across the media and social media ever day. 

I am trying to just ignore it, it takes over your fucking life, but its everywhere and the worrying thing is, if there was a racist register, nobody would dare to speak in public in case it's taken out of context, its fucking frightening!

Saw something on twatter before where police were lined up in front of a massive group of black protestors who had been causing mayhem. Trying to keep them on one side of a road. Other side was far less white people and some small shops. Apparently “right there is systemic racism” as the police look to POLICE the black protestors who were causing trouble. They were literally lined up as you would see anywhere. It’s just crazy.

42 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's a pretty sad way of life if that's the case, it's become saturated that nobody take much notice of them.

The Poll Tax protest in the 90's brought Maggie down, she never really recovered, that's people power and on an issue were the majority of the country disagreed. That's how you protest and can make a difference.

The met police have had enough, they are not willing to put the force in a situation were they are attacked and abused, they have rights too, people forget that.

Poll tax; whilst equitable law, it was poor politics, it was never going to fly.

She'd lost it by then