Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes.. doesn't mean they go around committing hate crimes... ethnic jokes are so uncouth.. but we laugh because they're based on truth, everyone is mindful of the facts...

Everyone is racist.. so relax..

Avenue Q.. gotta love it 

Aye it's a catchy tune 😄

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

In India the signs (at government ran sites) state white skin x price brown skin y price. That’s racism. Dress it up how you want pal. 

Aye.  We were asked 4 times the price for some tourist trip in Mumbai than 2 lads from Leicester. They were of Pakistani origin. They were much wealthier than us!

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So if you define a price based on colour of skin that’s not racism?

Yes if it's based on colour of skin. I agreed that I thought it was racism. 

But if you're charging all tourists more than locals then I think that's fair enough in some cases and could hardly be described as racism. 

Edited by London Wanderer

Just now, kent_white said:

OZ????

I was surprised about how overtly racist people were when I visited.

Never saw anything but I guess I am judging it on my own experiences same as you mate. Guess it depends where you were and what you were doing etc. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The guy who first made it was called coon 

I know - but in any other country they'd have changed the name in about 1985 😁

That's a side issue really - I was taking the piss. But I reckon Australia is far more racist than the UK. Just your average Aussie I'm on about.

I told you about that time I was watching a news report about people complaining that too many mosques were being built. To illustrate they showed a map of Australia with turbans on it to indicate where the mosques had been built. Fucking turbans! 😂😂😂

Anyway - like you say just my experience. And I'm sure we've both been called farang plenty of times.

Just be glad you didn't spot the 'Jigaboo' low fat margarine in Coles! 

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I know - but in any other country they'd have changed the name in about 1985 😁

That's a side issue really - I was taking the piss. But I reckon Australia is far more racist than the UK. Just your average Aussie I'm on about.

I told you about that time I was watching a news report about people complaining that too many mosques were being built. To illustrate they showed a map of Australia with turbans on it to indicate where the mosques had been built. Fucking turbans! 😂😂😂

Anyway - like you say just my experience. And I'm sure we've both been called farang plenty of times.

Just be glad you didn't spot the 'Jigaboo' low fat margarine in Coles! 

😂😂😂 jigaboo margarine 😂😂😂. I was only there for 6 weeks so maybe just got lucky. NZ was tremendous. Not sure they sell jigaboos?

• Members
11 hours ago, kent_white said:

OZ????

I was surprised about how overtly racist people were when I visited.

I've lived here since 1988. When I first arrived, the old soldiers definitely had a thing about 'slopeheads' and were very vocal about it. A leftover from the Japanese during the war who committed some awful atrocities on captured Aliied forces.

This has died down to virtually zero now.

As I posted recently, even though Coon cheese is named after Mr.Coon the original producer, the social engineers have hold of it now and the name is changing to something more 'culturally sensitive'. Of course Kent is taking the piss with Jigaboo margarine.

As far as the aborigines are concerned, no one has a beef with those living their traditional lifestyle. It's the city ones (especially cross bred with various northern European types) who can be trouble. Into this gangsta lifestyle and regularly rob, bash and even kill. Cunts and not because of the colour iof their skin. I 100% guarantee you wouldn't go within a hundred yards of them if you lived here and knew what they get up to. Glue, petrol, meths - substance abuse in general and then cause mayhem. The prisons aren't full of them because of racist policemen I can tell you that much.

Of couse it's 'whiteys fault' for invading (when is it ever anything else?).

• Moderators

wouldn't say he was the most racist bloke, but I used to work with a South African lad who came across all nice and gentle - was a hard core christian, attended church regulary, might even have done door to door god bothering if I recall right

anyway, one lunch we're sat round having a chat and someone asked him "would you ever plan on going back to SA?" to which he replied "only when all the blacks have died of aids" and carried on like it was a perfectly acceptable point of view

• Members
3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

wouldn't say he was the most racist bloke, but I used to work with a South African lad who came across all nice and gentle - was a hard core christian, attended church regulary, might even have done door to door god bothering if I recall right

anyway, one lunch we're sat round having a chat and someone asked him "would you ever plan on going back to SA?" to which he replied "only when all the blacks have died of aids" and carried on like it was a perfectly acceptable point of view

A few too many blacks 

When we went to WBA to watch Bolton we were invited to a social club run by Indians, they were very welcoming as we had been invited by Baggies fans, one Saturday we had quite innocently ordered 2 taxi's to the ground, when the drivers came in for us they were chased out to a proper torrent of racist abuse by the Indians because they were Pakistani's, it really was thought provoking

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Did anyone here go to Rivi? Who was that dickhead South African teacher  who would say, 'There ain't no black in the union Jack' ? He taught woodwork and tech drawing if I remember right.

Fuck me .. bet his lessons were interesting.

I used to teach a class of 8 very autistic boys in Newcastle a couple of years back. We had one black kid in the class & one of the other lads was petrified of him. He couldn't communicate much but would scream the house down every time he came to sit next to him. Eventually we just had to create a secret apartheid of sorts to avoid the meltdowns.  

• Members

I had a South African graphics teacher. He was terrifying, big fuckin unit of  man he called me boy and occasionally blackie I thought it was funny With his accent.
Me and my mates were doing impressions of him at my house, my mam overheard and asked who was calling me boy and blackie so I said the South African teacher. 

Next day, I left school and my Mam was there, she said where is this teacher.

She marched right in, straight into the class and made me wait outside. She tore him a new ring piece. He was silent, came out and apologised to me. 
He looked like he had seen a ghost.