Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I only watched it to see what the issue was and I have to say it wouldn’t have annoyed me 6 months ago. I just now think it was provocative and shouldn’t have been allowed. It was allowed because if they had stopped it the show would have been accused of being racist. It’s gone too far. Real problem is it’s only just begun. Long way to go yet sadly. 

same with Lewis Hamilton’s t shirt. We get the cause and her case is high profile but if he wants to wear that t shirt wear it in day to day life and put it on insta etc. don’t do it effectively at work. 

i am told that his employers weren’t aware what he was doing and are not happy. 

Someone needs to tell Toto then. He's been saying he has their full backing. 

9 hours ago, boogs said:

Someone needs to tell Toto then. He's been saying he has their full backing. 

You ever seen a football manager getting a public vote of confidence from a chairman? 

anyway I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone within that domain. 

20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You ever seen a football manager getting a public vote of confidence from a chairman? 

anyway I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone within that domain. 

Oh I don’t disbelieve what you have been told, knowing who you don’t work for. I’m just saying that it wasn’t your straight forward “he has our full support” blag, he went into a bit of depth about being with him in this fight against racism even saying “it is entirely his decision and whatever he does we will support” I would say he had no need to go that far if it’s not what is being said internally.

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Maybe I am being a bit thick but from the few pictures I have seen of it (didn't watch it or seen any clips) I don't quite understand what folk are complaining about?

It’s available on YouTube. I’d suggest watching it and then making at least an informed comment rather than sitting there wondering what 20,000 folk got miffed enough to complain.

20 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I only watched it to see what the issue was and I have to say it wouldn’t have annoyed me 6 months ago. I just now think it was provocative and shouldn’t have been allowed. It was allowed because if they had stopped it the show would have been accused of being racist. It’s gone too far. Real problem is it’s only just begun. Long way to go yet sadly. 

That’s pretty much where I’m at. Probably in the age range of being eligible to be a gammon but am not nearly pissed off enough to make a complaint about a group of dancers. I sat watching it thinking it was there to be hard hitting but wondered why they were hitting out in front of a UK audience when US cops behaving against US law is a US issue, not a UK issue.

regarding the Lewis Hamilton issue, I didn’t see it so feel unable to make an informed comment.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It’s available on YouTube. I’d suggest watching it and then making at least an informed comment rather than sitting there wondering what 20,000 folk got miffed enough to complain.

That’s pretty much where I’m at. Probably in the age range of being eligible to be a gammon but am not nearly pissed off enough to make a complaint about a group of dancers. I sat watching it thinking it was there to be hard hitting but wondered why they were hitting out in front of a UK audience when US cops behaving against US law is a US issue, not a UK issue.

regarding the Lewis Hamilton issue, I didn’t see it so feel unable to make an informed comment.

I have watched it since thanks and I still don't know what the fuck folk are complaining about.

In fact I also watched Piers Morgan have his say on GMB and I agree with him completely which has made me feel all dirty.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I have watched it since thanks and I still don't know what the fuck folk are complaining about.

In fact I also watched Piers Morgan have his say on GMB and I agree with him completely which has made me feel all dirty.

Piers Morgan in agreeing-with-his-bosses shocker!

Edited by MickyD
Shit spelling

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye. You would be shitting yourself as a copper in that situation. Too many people with guns.

And then the added worry of wondering whether or not the law of the land will back you for using the lethal force that land proudly protects.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

And then the added worry of wondering whether or not the law of the land will back you for using the lethal force that land proudly protects.

& a good chance of having some tosser filming you & then editing the film to try & make you look as bad as possible........though that happens in the UK as well. 

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

& a good chance of having some tosser filming you & then editing the film to try & make you look as bad as possible........though that happens in the UK as well. 

Or alternatively, as happened recently, prove that the Cop was lying when he shot a bloke in the back who was running away.

3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

is that the one who resisted arrest & was shot in the back as he reached into his car for a weapon, allegedly ? 

No. A chap called Walter Scott.  The officer shot him dead and gave a false testimony, which only unravelled after a young lad who had filmed it came forward.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the family of one of the Blacks recently shot got £12m in the civil court for unlawful death

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54165646

This was the case that Lewis Hamilton had on his t-shirt I think.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It is. But I can’t understand how they can pay compensation but can’t prosecute the coppers who shot her? Doesn’t make any sense. 

Its mad, its why OJ Simpson got away with murder in criminal court but had to pay the family 45m in civil court because he was responsible for the deaths

Cops on the frontline technically clear - going by the book executing (no pun intended) a 'no-knock' warrant on a long fucked-off wastrel dealer ex of the girl.

Shit intelligence from above.

This girl was straight - worked in an emergency room aspired to being a nurse, gave this ner do well his marching orders.

New boyfriend, licensed gun owner, legit...Hears someone breaking in - in a fucked up part of town presumably and with the house being known as where the dealer-ex once resided.

Dunno about what happened next but I presume the coppers blazed away on sight of a gun and/or a shot fired.

Edit: A documented account rather than one from memory...

https://eu.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2020/05/15/breonna-taylor-shooting-boyfriend-kenneth-walker-faces-charges-what-know/5183805002/

Edited by Youri McAnespie
added link