Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're mixing things up.

The police federation is not the black police officers association. 

So I'll ask again, is the police federation harmful?

I'm sure you'll say no, and given its size, scope and representation it isnt an organisation that, by its existence, excludes the majority. 

Yeah sorry meant the blacks coppers group has 4000 members. 

No I do not think the larger organisation is harmful, why would I ? Could I join it ? 

Do you think the 4000 members of the black group are harmful ? 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Yeah sorry meant the blacks coppers group has 4000 members. 

No I do not think the larger organisation is harmful, why would I ? 

Do you think the 4000 members of the black group are harmful ? 

I've already answered, please stop trying to twist things with a slight change to wording.

As individuals no, as a collective, potentially yes. Most of those same people will be members of the federation too, yet they're also allowed an additional organisation which excludes others by virtue of skin colour.

124,000 (2014) members of the federation. That’s where efforts should be focused. Together, as one.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've already answered, please stop trying to twist things with a slight change to wording.

As individuals no, as a collective, potentially yes. Most of those same people will be members of the federation too, yet they're also allowed an additional organisation which excludes others by virtue of skin colour.

124,000 (2014) members of the federation. That’s where efforts should be focused. Together, as one.

Did not realise you had already applied. Was not trying to catch you out. 
You have a massive organisation that has historically had issues with racism. To tackle these issues they have an association focussed on the sectors that have been affected. It provides an additional and focussed forum to tackle specific issues. 
The silly point I was trying to by saying can I join was that just because a group excludes some people it does not make it wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

In any other or most organisations they have a procedure to deal with bias, racial, discrimination and complaints. 

If a Police officer intends to make a complaint they should follow the forces procedures, what good is it having a black officers association, does it not cause Division ?

I would assume black Police officers want parity and equality, they cant have both.

Confused !! They can not have equality and parity, or do you mean having a black coppers group and the other 2 are the issue. 

Assume it is the latter. Think fair to say you and I and TMGJ just have totally different views on the matter. I bet none of us are going to be persuaded by the other. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Did not realise you had already applied. Was not trying to catch you out. 
You have a massive organisation that has historically had issues with racism. To tackle these issues they have an association focussed on the sectors that have been affected. It provides an additional and focussed forum to tackle specific issues. 
The silly point I was trying to by saying can I join was that just because a group excludes some people it does not make it wrong. 

The force has had historical issues with race. Just like society as a whole. The federation is there for that, no doubt it has had its own issues historically, but the landscape has changed massively. Having done so, anything which splits that is unhelpful. 

Equality is for everyone: that's why a white police officers association (or south Asian, Chinese etc) would also be wrong. (The former may even be illegal).

Be honest, can you imagine the uproar if someone tried to create one- 🤔.  And rightly so, I'd add.

The Police Force has a serious history of racism and there will be plenty of currently serving officers who have been the victim of racism from within the force.  That's probably why there is an association in place.

I can't imagine any decent copper has an issue with this, only the racist ones.

As is always the case, those who have never been affected by or been a victim of racism are those saying it isn't right.

There is no need to have a white police officers association, that's why there will never be one.  

Regardless of some of the more, erm dubious posts on this topic on this thread, if you are interested I've also done quite a bit of work around BHM from a cultural perspective, so if do want to do something for the month there are loads of available which look great. https://www.blackhistorymonth.org.uk/ 

20 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Fair points, that's Morgan Freemans view and he is entitled to it, i don't know much about American Prisons, I would assume the majority of people in prisons deserve to be there, he's probably making the point that its talked about to much just to dumb it down, and it certainly needs to be imo.

👍

Aye, I get his points. He's just a bit too sure of himself that the problem doesn't exist & will be solved by ignoring it.

Great insight into the US prison system. Says it better than I could 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80091741?preventIntent=true

20 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

The Patriotic Alternative are a bunch of turds. They blame immigrants for issues that have have nothing to do with them & want a complete end to all immigration. They're of the view that this land belongs to the 'indigenous' British only & want that indoctrinated in law. I wonder how far back you have to go before they kick you out? Apparently it's okay if you're Irish.

I won't even get started on their anti-gay views. It's all there on the website to see.

https://www.patrioticalternative.org.uk/our_plan

I'm well aware that the racist/fascist card is overplayed these days... But I'de say you could play it for this piece of vermin. 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The Patriotic Alternative are a bunch of turds. They blame immigrants for issues that have have nothing to do with them & want a complete end to all immigration. They're of the view that this land belongs to the 'indigenous' British only & want that indoctrinated in law. I wonder how far back you have to go before they kick you out? Apparently it's okay if you're Irish.

I won't even get started on their anti-gay views. It's all there on the website to see.

https://www.patrioticalternative.org.uk/our_plan

I'm well aware that the racist/fascist card is overplayed these days... But I'de say you could play it for this piece of vermin. 

Never heard of him or his group. Watched the clip and he comes across as right dick.

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Never heard of him or his group. Watched the clip and he comes across as right dick.

Boggling that people will spread the views of these groups, without doing a background check. At least that's what I assume has happened. Otherwise, fuck knows what else is on his Twitter feed.

& yes fellas, it works both ways. Before I get accused of hypocrisy 😁

15 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Boggling that people will spread the views of these groups, without doing a background check. At least that's what I assume has happened. Otherwise, fuck knows what else is on his Twitter feed.

& yes fellas, it works both ways. Before I get accused of hypocrisy 😁

I can think of a couple of posters on here who would spread such views if it fits their narrative

• Members
On 02/10/2020 at 16:42, DazBob said:

I'm reading this and can't help but see David Brent keep listing his favourite black actors to the only black employee.

Good for you. A healthy imagination is a good thing.

What's it like living in a state of constant guilt?

• Members
23 hours ago, Ani said:

Think I prefer you when you indecisive.

strange you ask a question then assume my answer despite the fact you read my earlier post that agreed some people do this say ‘look at me’.

might be you age or too much sun. 😎

Not sure I agree that just stopping talking about it makes it go away. I see plenty of moral indignation from plastic lefties that is clearly for show and this does damage to the genuine cases. The ‘because I am black innit bro’ movement is almost a parody. 
On balance over your lifetime do you really think you have been discriminated against as a white heterosexual male ? 

Absolutely. Especially on here ;)

Too much sun? Daily Mail more like.

20 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It's plain to see that you do and are over compensating.

Not at all mate. 

I just respect that others have had a rough ride for a long time and have had to suffer prejudices that you or I  never have or will have to do. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Not at all mate. 

I just respect that others have had a rough ride for a long time and have had to suffer prejudices that you or I  never have or will have to do. 

Won't argue with you there pal. I suppose it comes down to if you believe that all this in your face force feeding of 'the righteous way' will produce a positive result. I am not so sure.

When we were battling on the terraces late 60's/early 70's, plenty of what would now be termed 'mixed race' lads were with us. Hand on heart, I never remember thinking anything other than 'that's another Bolton lad in trouble' and diving in to help or 'fucking hell, look at Dessie go' as he led the charge to clear the Lever End of invaders.

I suppose you only think about skin colour if it's at the forefront of your mind?

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Won't argue with you there pal. I suppose it comes down to if you believe that all this in your face force feeding of 'the righteous way' will produce a positive result. I am not so sure.

When we were battling on the terraces late 60's/early 70's, plenty of what would now be termed 'mixed race' lads were with us. Hand on heart, I never remember thinking anything other than 'that's another Bolton lad in trouble' and diving in to help or 'fucking hell, look at Dessie go' as he led the charge to clear the Lever End of invaders.

I suppose you only think about skin colour if it's at the forefront of your mind?

i remember taking the kids when we all had season tickets to a kick it out game maybe early 2000s . My  7 year old daughter asking what it was all about, i just said "when JJ is on the ball , or Ricky is sprinting down the wing ,do you see a black man or a Bolton Wanderers player ?"

and she never asked me about it again

i know that is ridiculously simplified but the more we focus on it , the greater he divide becomes

7 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

i remember taking the kids when we all had season tickets to a kick it out game maybe early 2000s . My  7 year old daughter asking what it was all about, i just said "when JJ is on the ball , or Ricky is sprinting down the wing ,do you see a black man or a Bolton Wanderers player ?"

and she never asked me about it again

i know that is ridiculously simplified but the more we focus on it , the greater he divide becomes

A quality bit of parenting there.

I think the examples you & Bolty have given are spot on & show how divides can be broken when you've a shared cause & sense of community.

Sport is great platform for it. Question is how do you break down those barriers off the football pitch? Barriers that affect both white & black communities.

Just because black men & women are represented in sport doesn't mean the issue has been solved.