Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Just an absolutely mindless thing to say that doesn’t do anything apart from causing more shit. Dickhead

It was the kind of shit you'd get from a TalkSport host, deliberately bullshit to drive calls to the station.

It's exactly the reason he's asked for his thoughts on things to drive those precious clicks and social media engagement.

I see that Children in Need are going match Stormzy's £10m pledge to fund young Black lives in the Uk.

Would it be ok for let's say Tyson Fury to fund young white lives in the Uk or would that be deemed unacceptable... A non starter because they're White and apparently already have a privilege and a head start because of the colour of their skin.

5 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

I see that Children in Need are going match Stormzy's £10m pledge to fund young Black lives in the Uk.

Would it be ok for let's say Tyson Fury to fund young white lives in the Uk or would that be deemed unacceptable... A non starter because they're White and apparently already have a privilege and a head start because of the colour of their skin.

Surely Fury would be funding GRT charities?

26 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Thanks for answering your own question

• Members
29 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

“I done a scholarship for the kids, they said it's racist
That's not anti-white, it's pro-black
Hang me out to dry, I won't crack” 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

But why can’t you be pro white in modern society? Genuine question?

Who says you can’t? Just the wall screeches.

If stormzy grew up in a society where they were under privileged and didn’t get the opportunities, and he then want back to help those communities that should be commended. And not turned into a race story. 
The same as when Connor McGregor went back to his old neighbour and helped under privileged families. 

Take race and colour out of it and the better off we’ll all be. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But why can’t you be pro white in modern society? Genuine question?

If you want to do something for underprivileged predominantly white communities then go for it, can't imagine you'd get much criticism for doing so, and probably less than Stormzy will get

Edited by ZicoKelly

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Take race and colour out of it and the better off we’ll all be. 

I agree with this point. If I went back to where I was born and initially brought up which is a rough deprived area and set up something that was for only white kids I would be pilloried. If you think that’s not the case I would be very surprised. 

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

If you want to do something for underprivileged predominantly white communities then go for it, can't imagine you'd get much criticism for doing so, and probably less than Stormzy will get

I disagree. There would imo be uproar. Maybe I’m wrong. I often am. But I think anybody wanting to do anything for a community should be totally inclusive and should not be restricted by colour. It sends out the wrong message imo

• Moderators

I disagree. There would imo be uproar. Maybe I’m wrong. I often am. But I think anybody wanting to do anything for a community should be totally inclusive and should not be restricted by colour. It sends out the wrong message imo

Maybe it would be better to say he's donating to "social justice causes"

If he wants to donate some money to Kick It Out, go for it, certainly better than taking the knee then doing nowt else

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Maybe it would be better to say he's donating to "social justice causes"

If he wants to donate some money to Kick It Out, go for it, certainly better than taking the knee then doing nowt else

He should be commended for putting something back into the community and for helping disadvantaged kids. I’m just not sure the message about something being for black kids only is correct to do. But he’s entitled to spend his money as he sees fit as he’s earned it. 

like you say actions speak louder than meaningless gestures or words 

But the Society WE live in today isn’t anti black. 

We are just going to go round in circles on this one. You don't believe blacks are in any way discriminated against - and that's your opinion so far enough. Plenty of others disagree. 

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

We are just going to go round in circles on this one. You don't believe blacks are in any way discriminated against - and that's your opinion so far enough. Plenty of others disagree. 

Predictable as always. Did I say that? Utter tripe 

Edited by Escobarp

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Predictable as always. Did I say that? Utter tripe 

Aye probably as predictable as you or one of your band of merry men bleating about anything being pro-black, sticking your bottom lip out and saying, "But, but, but what about us poor white folk?"

Just now, DazBob said:

Aye probably as predictable as you or one of your band of merry men bleating about anything being pro-black, sticking your bottom lip out and saying, "But, but, but what about us poor white folk?"

Again that’s never been said. You always resort to the same comments when you have nowhere to go. 

if you think my strong belief that nobody should be overly advantaged over anyone else and we should be looking to improve the lives of everyone no matter what colour of skin they have is wrong then that’s entirely upto you. But please don’t make stuff up and put words into my mouth that have never been spoken. 

Again that’s never been said. You always resort to the same comments when you have nowhere to go. 

if you think my strong belief that nobody should be overly advantaged over anyone else and we should be looking to improve the lives of everyone no matter what colour of skin they have is wrong then that’s entirely upto you. But please don’t make stuff up and put words into my mouth that have never been spoken. 

I don't for a second think that you, in any way, are happy for anyone to be disadvantaged because of the colour of their skin.

I just think, going off what I read on here, you're a little naive when it comes to what prejudices still exist in the world. You seem to base what happens in society as a whole just on how you see things.

Again, just to reiterate, this is only the way I see it based on your posts. I could be well wide of the mark so please don't take offence.