Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Not seen it yet but at the time I thoughtThe FA handled it very badly but I suppose it was sort Of unprecedented ground. That’s why I think it should be a independent non footballing body dealing with these kind of issues because the FA always have an investment to protect.

Yeah, that definitely comes across in the programme.

2 side issues I picked up on.

Neil Warnock might be an utter c*nt but he seems to be held in high regard for all that have played for him.

The Kick it out bloke on the programme. It was driving me mad who he sounded like.  Close your eyes and it's Warwick Davies 

• Members
1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

Yeah, that definitely comes across in the programme.

2 side issues I picked up on.

Neil Warnock might be an utter c*nt but he seems to be held in high regard for all that have played for him.

The Kick it out bloke on the programme. It was driving me mad who he sounded like.  Close your eyes and it's Warwick Davies 

Mark Chapman (t’other one) was on a bbc podcast and Warnock came up , he said they were playing Newcastle, night before the game a unnamed player came to his room and said his Mam was on deaths door. 
Their chairman was in the hotel bar, Warnock asked to borrow his car, drove the player down to his mams bedside in London before she passed then drove back. 

I suspect he’s probably a nice chap but wants to play the cunt and the pantomime villain to take the focus off his team at times.  

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Are the resident "experts" even going to try and defend this ? 💣 🐟 🐠 🎏 🎣 

About as successful as Jezza becoming ✡ 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/black-lives-matter-has-increased-racial-tension-55-say-in-uk-poll

I'd agree. The whole thing was counter productive. Sowing divisions where they didn't previously exist.

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/black-lives-matter-has-increased-racial-tension-55-say-in-uk-poll

Our wokey friends can disregard public opinion because they are more intelligent and know better. Although reading it in The Guardian will probably have caused a brief shock to their lefty equilibrium. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I'd agree. The whole thing was counter productive. Sowing divisions where they didn't previously exist.

Fuck me....must be nearly Christmas pal 👍 😉 

Sending you a DM re something else of benefit to your goodself , clear your inbox please Jeremy 🙏 

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Our wokey friends can disregard public opinion because they are more intelligent and know better. Although reading it in The Guardian will probably have caused a brief shock to their lefty equilibrium. 

I was going to entrap them and send the link via a right leaning rag, then nail them later....but just opted for the killer punch in the first round instead 😉 

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

I was going to entrap them and send the link via a right leaning rag, then nail them later....but just opted for the killer punch in the first round instead 😉 

It's worth reading the Guardian sometimes just to stay in touch with just how far from the day to day reality of normal working folk in this country our lefty betters have travelled. They get the odd reminder of this once a ballot box appears but then a day or two later they carry on as if nothing happened. 

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's worth reading the Guardian sometimes just to stay in touch with just how far from the day to day reality of normal working folk in this country our lefty betters have travelled. They get the odd reminder of this once a ballot box appears but then a day or two later they carry on as if nothing happened. 

They've got thick skins and tunnel vision mate.

Just waiting for London Wanderer to tell me otherwise.....🐟 🐠 💣 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Aye. A different matter if the violence, wanton destruction etc hadn't come along with it. Nor the extreme politics espoused by some of its leaders.

Much of that violence conducted by white individuals too. Weird world.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I have started subscribing to the Guardian since the current lot of posh kids blagged their way into government.

They remind me of how shit the Tories are and pull apart the continuous mind numbing spin we are being subjected to

5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Probably not... This was the obvious outcome. Oblivious to the left.

We want a fair and balanced uk, something that has always been. BML dont, they want repercussions for the past. Something we or our parents were never involved with. 

Tell me what a black child growing up in the UK has less in favour then a white or Asian or any other child?

Yes the UK has benefited from past but so has most countries. How far back do you go? 

I think the UK is and has always been one of the most accepting countrys in the world. 

I hear BLM have applied to be a political party... What a shock! At Least it will split a bit of the Labour count.

• Moderators

no issue with the BLM message that first started, and with the knee bending to a degree - certainly prefer it to inaction

the extremism that spawned from it though, all that can fuck off

is that bird from oxford still training an army down the park at weekends?

Interesting poll that - funny how people are commenting on it as if it's some sort of referendum result or proof of where the public stand. The reality is far more complex.

In the survey only 43% of minority ethnic groups believed that BLM were sowing divisions. And 71% of Asian folk felt they had experienced discrimination - rising to 80 plus for black people. 

To me it shows that an issue still exists. 

Question is are BLM part of the solution? I don't think they are & I think in many cases they have sowed divisions. But I understand why folk in America took to the streets and continue to protest for reform. 

Can't find the link - but heard a good debate on the radio the other week between two people of colour. One Jamaican and one from Nigeria. Fella from Nigeria said he just hadn't experienced the discrimination BLM talk of and felt that their views generalise black people and oppose many of their family values and traditions. Thought he made some good points but he also understood why the situation in America was dire. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Interesting poll that - funny how people are commenting on it as if it's some sort of referendum result or proof of where the public stand. The reality is far more complex.

In the survey only 43% of minority ethnic groups believed that BLM were sowing divisions. And 71% of Asian folk felt they had experienced discrimination - rising to 80 plus for black people. 

To me it shows that an issue still exists. 

Question is are BLM part of the solution? I don't think they are & I think in many cases they have sowed divisions. But I understand why folk in America took to the streets and continue to protest for reform. 

Can't find the link - but heard a good debate on the radio the other week between two people of colour. One Jamaican and one from Nigeria. Fella from Nigeria said he just hadn't experienced the discrimination BLM talk of and felt that their views generalise black people and oppose many of their family values and traditions. Thought he made some good points but he also understood why the situation in America was dire. 

Aye 

Generally BlackAfrican perform much better than Black Caribbean (and white, for education anyway) 

colour of skin can’t be the fundamental issue 

The fact that the best performing groups are Chinese and Indian supports that further