Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Have you read this thread ? 

That's division, it's not about who wins this argument, let's get back to the football that we all know and love. 

A few Millwall fans with a reputation for violent and racially aggravated disorder are not people I want in football. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Did you actually read my post? I never mentioned once it spoiled it for me, I was merely pointing out about football fans in general, do not, and I mean this, put a racist slant on the post. 

Calm your skin.

Here’s an idea, why don’t we get football players to protest in support of Britain First before each game 

It won’t have anything to do with the racist political group Britain First and the loonies that run it. It will simply be about putting Britain First, surely nobody could disagree with that? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not all Millwall fans are racist, yes they have a reputation but dont tar them all with the same brush.

I’m not doing but I’d love to see the cv of the ones booing today. Gut feeling is they were protecting statues and pissing on war memorials earlier this year. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are assuming, have you ever thought that it maybe just the average fan who wants to get back to some normality, they've been in lockdown, they have had to put up with all the political shite thats been going on for the last 8 months, and they see Football as an escape ?

Just doesn’t wash, when I get back to a game Ill not be concerned about the players taking a knee but what they do afterwards.

25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are assuming, have you ever thought that it maybe just the average fan who wants to get back to some normality, they've been in lockdown, they have had to put up with all the political shite thats been going on for the last 8 months, and they see Football as an escape ?

You're making plenty of assumptions yourself

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Those poor Millwall lads 😞 It has been a rough old year ey. And now the Marxists are coming for their only escape from it all.

Nice to know they're in your thoughts though ❄️

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Trying to keep the peace or some semblance and get back to some normality, and if that's an assumption based on what I think most fans want, so be it, my assumptions are going off the circle of people I work with and friends.

Surely the majority of people just want to watch a football match without any politics involved, it a release ffs, a release from the rigours of work, its weekend,  its football, fuck it!, and it's not racist to say so. Unfortunately it seems if people have an alternative view on things, they are deemed racist, bigots etc... al I am saying is that folk want to go and watch football, football that beautiful game we all love, that us there for all to watch and for all to play. Fuck politics!! 

A better and easier way to "keep the peace" would be not booing your own players for a 3-second gesture intended to promote racial equaity. As far as I'm concerned you have to be a bit of an oddball to be offended by that.

• Members
6 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Knee & rainbows wtf is going on 

I suppose the question is, the Millwall boo boys - racists or just sick to the back teeth of politically correct, social engineering, ramming down the throat of the opinions of the social media generation/outraged society conveyed by an organisation whose core raison d'etre is football. The rainbow laces bollocks a further example of nonsense from a footballing body. Concentrate on your core business and leave politics the fuck out of it FFS.

Probably 5%-95% in favour of the latter - not racists but realists.

It is everywhere. Just look at the advertisements on TV these days. We had an Aussie couple round for dinner the other night and the missus wanted to show them an episode of "A Place In The Sun" which happened to be all around the area we have connections with in Spain. Advertisement breaks pretty much featured every 'race' including mixed except what would traditionally be thought of as an 'indigenous Brit'. The female visitor asked "Are there any white people left in the UK these days?" (The bloke countered with "Nah, they've all bloody well come here!").  :D The cheeky fucker.

Before any of our left wing marigolds start - I have consistently said on here that we Brits are 'Heinz 57' varieties after the various invasions and inter breeding over the centuries - natural selection coming to the fore as a possible reason why our tiny islands have had such an influence on the development of the world.

I believe it was Sir Les Ferdinand who predicted weeks/months ago that all this contrived virtue signalling shite would probably be counter productive. Wise man (like Rudy).

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not defending the fans who booed today, but we should be asking why did they boo? Where they racist? Are they just pissed off with the whole politics of the situation. 

Again, who says they are offended ? You assume they are because they boo. 

We all go to football to watch our team, to support our team, not for us to be divided over something political, which this is. 

We may have different views when it comes to politics, but not when it comes to football and supporting our team, why should politics divide us ?

Spit it out. You don't like the idea of footballers taking 3 seconds to promote racial equailty. You are allowed to say that. Just say it.

I’m with cheese on the fact it’s 3 seconds and I had to ask if we did it (even though I was watching) after the millwall story broke.

What I would say though is everything has a shelf life. Clap for careers for example. 

Sadly the longer these things go on I think it can actually have a negative connotation and make people resent it.

Personally I think it’s more powerful if individuals do it rather than the whole team doing so because they are told. It seems to dilute the message. 

It's overkill - we've already established racism isn't a problem over here, the likes of Marcus Rashford and Raheem Sterling earn about a combined £300m a week and get zero undeserved shit on account of their race.

We've also ascertained Millwall's support are salt of the earth working class anti-marxist liberterians. Definitely not racist cunts, who on occasion let savagery usurp any racism when they unfurl Turkey flags.

They for sure have no revolting old witches teaching kids barely out of nappies expletive laden partisan chants - the same kid must have picked up the phrase "you fucking black c*nts!" off the telly - Balamory or In the Night Garden or sommat.

Defending fucking Millwall ffs. Biggest pile of scum south of the Auld Firm.

Oh aye, it's impossible one is racist booing 'taking the knee' if nevertheless; one would fuck Thandie Newton, likes watching 'Dexter', has danced to the music of 'The Selector' or has cheered on Lennox Lewis...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

6 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not defending the fans who booed today, but we should be asking why did they boo? Where they racist? Are they just pissed off with the whole politics of the situation. 

Again, who says they are offended ? You assume they are because they boo. 

We all go to football to watch our team, to support our team, not for us to be divided over something political, which this is. 

We may have different views when it comes to politics, but not when it comes to football and supporting our team, why should politics divide us ?

It doesn't appear that anyone is asking the Millwall fans why they booed. Maybe they are just a bunch of racists but making pre-concieved assumptions about a group of people without delving deeper than the banner headline seems a tad ironic to me.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, kent_white said:

One Derby player didn’t take the knee. It looked as though the camera was quickly changed to a close-up of someone on their knee. 

I’m not sure if he made a conscious decision not to kneel, and I’d defend his right to do that without labelling him a racist bigot (unlike some on here!).

Or did he forget?

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I suppose the question is, the Millwall boo boys - racists or just sick to the back teeth of politically correct, social engineering, ramming down the throat of the opinions of the social media generation/outraged society conveyed by an organisation whose core raison d'etre is football. The rainbow laces bollocks a further example of nonsense from a footballing body. Concentrate on your core business and leave politics the fuck out of it FFS.

Probably 5%-95% in favour of the latter - not racists but realists.

It is everywhere. Just look at the advertisements on TV these days. We had an Aussie couple round for dinner the other night and the missus wanted to show them an episode of "A Place In The Sun" which happened to be all around the area we have connections with in Spain. Advertisement breaks pretty much featured every 'race' including mixed except what would traditionally be thought of as an 'indigenous Brit'. The female visitor asked "Are there any white people left in the UK these days?" (The bloke countered with "Nah, they've all bloody well come here!").  :D The cheeky fucker.

Before any of our left wing marigolds start - I have consistently said on here that we Brits are 'Heinz 57' varieties after the various invasions and inter breeding over the centuries - natural selection coming to the fore as a possible reason why our tiny islands have had such an influence on the development of the world.

I believe it was Sir Les Ferdinand who predicted weeks/months ago that all this contrived virtue signalling shite would probably be counter productive. Wise man (like Rudy).

Well said bolty

very easy to throw the old race card out in this type of conversation think it’s just unfortunate that it happened at millwall (not all angels as we know and yes do have a racist few) but it will happen at many other grounds if it’s allowed to continue 

Reading social media plenty of bolton fans feel the same way are they racists certainly not

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's overkill - we've already established racism isn't a problem over here, the likes of Marcus Rashford and Raheem Sterling earn about a combined £300m a week and get zero undeserved shit on account of their race.

We've also ascertained Millwall's support are salt of the earth working class anti-marxist liberterians. Definitely not racist cunts, who on occasion let savagery usurp any racism when they unfurl Turkey flags.

They for sure have no revolting old witches teaching kids barely out of nappies expletive laden partisan chants - the same kid must have picked up the phrase "you fucking black c*nts!" off the telly - Balamory or In the Night Garden or sommat.

Defending fucking Millwall ffs. Biggest pile of scum south of the Auld Firm.

Oh aye, it's impossible one is racist booing 'taking the knee' if nevertheless; one would fuck Thandie Newton, likes watching 'Dexter', has danced to the music of 'The Selector' or has cheered on Lennox Lewis...

Bravo....

• Members

No problems with messages being promoted in sport, but they need to have substance, and be powerful.
This is neither. Call me cynical but the rainbow laces seems apparent so the FA can say well we’ve ticked equality in the LBGT community, it achieves absolutely nothing. 
Want to achieve racial equality in football, stop highlighting it and equality comes in, then address individual issues. 

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

One Derby player didn’t take the knee. It looked as though the camera was quickly changed to a close-up of someone on their knee. 

I’m not sure if he made a conscious decision not to kneel, and I’d defend his right to do that without labelling him a racist bigot (unlike some on here!).

Or did he forget?

He was giving it the fuck you to the Millwall fans. Black and Turkish, those loveable Bermondsey boys best mate.

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No problems with messages being promoted in sport, but they need to have substance, and be powerful.
This is neither. Call me cynical but the rainbow laces seems apparent so the FA can say well we’ve ticked equality in the LBGT community, it achieves absolutely nothing. 
Want to achieve racial equality in football, stop highlighting it and equality comes in, then address individual issues. 

Say a gay person says it makes them feel more welcome & accepted in the sport... Do you still think it achieves nothing? 

I don't think anyone is claiming it to be a solution. It's a very small gesture. But for some it does make an impact.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

He was giving it the fuck you to the Millwall fans. Black and Turkish, those loveable Bermondsey boys best mate.

Didn’t quite have the desired effect then if the tv cameras didn’t capture it. And besides, great reactions to the booing, he didn’t even nearly get down and then change to standing with a Black Power salute or whatever he’s doing.