Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

But you did say anyone who boos someone taking the knee is a racist.

No I didn't. They might be booing because they've got a genuine non-racist concern, but booing doesn't explain that. It just comes across as though they're on the same side as racists.

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No I didn't. They might be booing because they've got a genuine non-racist concern, but booing doesn't explain that. It just comes across as though they're on the same side as racists.

What’s wrong with folk booing, it’s a non violent verbal protest done in a peaceful way 

If you don’t like it, just ignore it, they will only be booing for a few seconds anyway 

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Whoever it is that's making you feel like booing your own players before a ball's been kicked?

Did I say I was booing my own players? 

50 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Did we have a big problem with it at Bolton as well?

Wouldn’t say we had a big problem but we had a problem on a par with the times that we were in. I got cornered on the Burnden Paddock once for calling out some twat who had a go at a black player and got told to fuck off with my monkey mates. I’d say, however, that BWFC have been quite low in the racist abuse league over the years though

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

What’s wrong with folk booing, it’s a non violent verbal protest done in a peaceful way 

If you don’t like it, just ignore it, they will only be booing for a few seconds anyway 

I will ignore it. Crack on if that's your thing. I'm not saying it should be banned or anything. It just makes it look like the boo'ers are siding with racists, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I will ignore it. Crack on if that's your thing. I'm not saying it should be banned or anything. It just makes it look like the boo'ers are siding with racists, that's all.

Aye 

On the flip side, the players taking the knee, it looks like they are siding with those despicable wankers who went round vandalising the country all summer in the name of equality 

I’m sure many players aren’t siding with them, I’m sure many booing aren’t siding with racists 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So who are the racists then? 10s of millions watch football in this country every year. Over the coming weeks 100s probably thousands will be booing. Yet nothing like those numbers are arrested for racism 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye 

On the flip side, the players taking the knee, it looks like they are siding with those despicable wankers who went round vandalising the country all summer in the name of equality 

I’m sure many players aren’t siding with them, I’m sure many booing aren’t siding with racists 

By the same logic by booing are you supporting the anti BLM marchers who pissed on the memorial in London ? 

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Booing is possibly the most pathetic form of protest ever seen. Grown adults shouting booooooo. Fuck me. Really?

It is a bit shit, but then I think going on "a march" is a bit shit as well, although I'm not sure I've ever been upset about anything enough to want to attend a protest about it