Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

Players taking a knee obviously upsets racists, anti Marxists and folk who get mixed up between a political movement and a slogan.

It probably was time to do something different but now I hope it carries on for ages.

Well, that sums up your pathetic nature to a tee then.

Please show me where booing is defined as racist .....I will wait.

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Players taking a knee obviously upsets racists, anti Marxists and folk who get mixed up between a political movement and a slogan.

It probably was time to do something different but now I hope it carries on for ages.

It’s boring like you fella 

This simply comes down to what you think taking the knee is about. 

If you think it is political virtue signalling and you are booing because of that hard to say you are a racist. 

If you think taking the knee is simply to support anti racism then booing is reasonable to interpret as either racist or supporting racism. (Based on 2 negatives making a positive). 

So basically unless you know why people are booing it is impossible to say if people are racist. 

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Well, that sums up your pathetic nature to a tee then.

Please show me where booing is defined as racist .....I will wait.

Why did the Millwall fans boo the players taking a knee?

Racists, knob heads, anti Marxists or a protest against BLM?

I'd suggest it was a mixture of the 4 categories but largely the first 2. 

Thank me later 😉

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

Why did the Millwall fans boo the players taking a knee?

Racists, knob heads, anti Marxists or a protest against BLM?

I'd suggest it was a mixture of the 4 categories but largely the first 2. 

Thank me later 😉

You're magic.....Reading so many people's minds......outstanding.

Show me the quote re booing being racist please......like I said, I will wait.....I want facts not your biased opinion. 

Thank me now.

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

This simply comes down to what you think taking the knee is about. 

If you think it is political virtue signalling and you are booing because of that hard to say you are a racist. 

If you think taking the knee is simply to support anti racism then booing is reasonable to interpret as either racist or supporting racism. (Based on 2 negatives making a positive). 

So basically unless you know why people are booing it is impossible to say if people are racist. 

Spot on. Show this to Duck Egg as appears to be a shit hot mindreader from 200 miles.

24 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You're magic.....Reading so many people's minds......outstanding.

Show me the quote re booing being racist please......like I said, I will wait.....I want facts not your biased opinion. 

Thank me now.

Eh?  You must be confused fella.  I've said why I think those Millwall fans booed.  One or more of the 4 reasons I listed. 

What reasons do you think they booed?  Would you agree that it's very likely that some booed because they're racists?

41 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Players taking the knee in support of BLM upset plenty non racists who were disgusted by the BLM protests in the summer that ended with vandalism to city centres, war memorials and statues 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

You don't even all have to go to the game to racially abuse players these days 

Chances are if you try it at the match you'll get caught on camera, lose your job and you'll have to explain how you're not really racist

Hopefully they'll stay clear of the game. 

Presumably, you're referring to social media- nutters out for likes or dislikes, trying to cause a stir. I reckon some of these are happy to be anything for a bit of fame.

Not just or necessarily racists, but all sorts of swamp creatures emitting methane and bile.

• Members

When England are away on internationals and the black players get booed it gets reported to UEFA as racist abuse.

A protest for black equality where people kneel in solidarity, are then booed when displaying it will be seen in the same light.

pull the other one if you think millwall fans were doing it because they were bored of it.

And Ive said it before BLM is an incorrect association to the kneeling protests.

Just like the closed raised fist is a symbol of oppression and solidarity that the black panther party adopted. Raising a fist doesn’t make you part of the black panther party.

They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Edited by Rudy

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hopefully they'll stay clear of the game. 

Presumably, you're referring to social media- nutters out for likes or dislikes, trying to cause a stir. I reckon some of these are happy to be anything for a bit of fame.

Not just or necessarily racists, but all sorts of swamp creatures emitting methane and bile.

yep, that's exactly what I'm on about

racist pricks use social media to racially abuse footballers, and those footballers don't like it (and their team mates), regardless of the motives, and some still do it in the ground

it that's what they are kneeling for, then go for it, no problem at all

I do think it's gone on a bit too long now and became a saturated and meaningless gesture

but I guess the kneeling stops when the racial stuff does

if folk have had enough of someone kneeling down, imagine how players like Zaha, Sessegnon, Wright, Rashford, Pogba etc feel about what they are subjected to

Edited by ZicoKelly

19 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Eh?  You must be confused fella.  I've said why I think those Millwall fans booed.  One or more of the 4 reasons I listed. 

What reasons do you think they booed?  Would you agree that it's very likely that some booed because they're racists?

I'm not a mind reader so won't judge them.

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

racist pricks use social media to racially abuse footballers, and those footballers don't like it (and their team mates), regardless of the motives, and some still do it in the ground

I do think it's gone on a bit too long now and became a saturated and meaningless gesture

if folk have had enough of someone kneeling down, imagine how players like Zaha, Sessegnon, Wright, Rashford, Pogba etc feel about what they are subjected to

Are we on about racial stuff in all walks of life or just at the football? 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, jmjhb said:

When the players decide, it's not up to a bunch of fans of advancing age quite frankly

3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Maybe ask the players that have taken the knee if it’s worked

3 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Mahlon Romeo (black Millwall player) isn't happy with his fans, fancy that

Let’s ask Mahlon Romeo then. You’d kind of answered your own question before you asked it.

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder if the ‘racial stuff’ includes the derogatory opinions of gypsies 

Based on the Gypsie thread on here a few weeks back I can see players having to take the knee for about 50 years yet if that’s the case 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

in this case, a bit of both

but it's never going away in any case I wouldn't have thought

my take is if footballers want to take the knee based on their experience of racsim when playing football, then fine by me, and hope more will speak about what happens to them, if it happens and it encourages others to call it out

if they experience elsewhere and still want to take the knee, also fine by me, and then do something proactive to help deal with it similar to what rashford does , great

if they've not experienced it but want to take the knee because they don't think it's on, also fine by me, and if they speak out and try to do something about it, ace

if they just do it because everyone is, then it's a bit pointless

21 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Said it many times, and if that's your point re the kneeling stopping, why aren't BLM targeting China, the Middle East etc where modern day slavery and racism is in full modern day mode.

Asked this many times and not a single person has replied logically 

• Moderators
Just now, birch-chorley said:

I wonder if the ‘racial stuff’ includes the derogatory opinions of gypsies 

Based on the Gypsie thread on here a few weeks back I can see players having to take the knee for about 50 years yet if that’s the case 

kin ell mate, your scraping the barrell there

but if by chance I have a positive experience involving gypsies, I'll happily re-assess

and it's not racial, it's a life style choice

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

kin ell mate, your scraping the barrell there

but if by chance I have a positive experience involving gypsies, I'll happily re-assess

and it's not racial, it's a life style choice

Calling gypsies is racist, regardless of your experiences with them. 

Edited by royal white

• Moderators
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Said it many times, and if that's your point re the kneeling stopping, why aren't BLM targeting China, the Middle East etc where modern day slavery and racism is in full modern day mode.

Asked this many times and not a single person has replied logically 

modern day slavery is alive and well in England too

but I don't know

and I'm not interested in the BLM political group, and certainly not in the extreme element, but they can fight for whatever rights they want for whoever, doesn't bother me

I'm on about footballers taking the knee, and it's predominantly, I would think, be about racism in football

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

modern day slavery is alive and well in England too

but I don't know

and I'm not interested in the BLM political group, and certainly not in the extreme element, but they can fight for whatever rights they want for whoever, doesn't bother me

I'm on about footballers taking the knee, and it's predominantly, I would think, be about racism in football

basically, you're another one who can't answer, says it all.