Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Haha do you realise how pathetic that is

You’ll take the time to go to your seat. 
Clap. 
Then get out of your seat.

Go back under the stand 

Whilst your own team kneels in support of equality for black people. 
Rather than just stay there quietly and not pay it any mind.

What a sad state of affairs.

As a black person that actually upsets me, and as a wanderer I’d be devastated 

I thought it was for all races? 

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Read that twice and it still makes fuck all sense

so you are more than happy for tory politicians to tell you how to behave on a Saturday afternoon if say ,god forbid Jacob Rees Mogg gets knocked down by a bus tomorrow you would be more than happy to observe a 5 mins silence for him before the footy match that you have paid for a ticket for , whilst knowing that everyone that knew the twat were hooray henrying at the IVY

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Clap. 

Go back under the stand 

Well said.

You’re spot on what a sad state of affairs.

Could you imagine if Santos/Kiosos/Fonz’s first experience of our fans is a booing/walk out.

Forget losing 3-6 at home, for me that would be a new low.

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well said.

You’re spot on what a sad state of affairs.

Could you imagine if Santos/Kiosos/Fonz’s first experience of our fans is a booing/walk out.

Forget losing 3-6 at home, for me that would be a new low.

Imagine how Nicky Hunt felt a few seasons in when his name was being Booed when they read the team out. 

Just reading a bit in the Times on the Millwall incident....

The 25 year old Antigua and Barbuda player  said that he felt personally disrespected after a section of the crowed booed when both teams took part in an anti-racism gesture in support of the Black Lives Matter movement 

If the EFL and players are no longer supporting BLM then why have so many reputable media outlets missed it? Surely all they need to say is that they don’t support the Black Lives Matter movement and this whole sorry mess can be put to bed 

7 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

so you are more than happy for tory politicians to tell you how to behave on a Saturday afternoon if say ,god forbid Jacob Rees Mogg gets knocked down by a bus tomorrow you would be more than happy to observe a 5 mins silence for him before the footy match that you have paid for a ticket for , whilst knowing that everyone that knew the twat were hooray henrying at the IVY

Hardly ever happens. You make it sound like it's every other week.

Take it you're happy to knock the November one on the head?

Besides the last few have been a minutes applause because people can't keep their gobs shut these days

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

has it not pissed you off over the years that you have gone to a game , met mates , had a few beers , get in the ground , chatting away , players come out . 

Next thing we are on a 1 or 2 minutes silence

the rest of the country are shopping , shagging or just doing their own shit

it is always the football fan that has to comply and be held up as right wing morons if, god forbid,

someone steps out of line on their day off / paid for entertainment

You get pissed off with a minutes silence? Jesus Christ. Which ones have you found particularly infuriating? Remembrance Day? Victims of a terror attack? A kid killed on his way to the match? What about a minutes applause? Does that wind you up too?

And do you honestly believe "Politicans" decide when we have them?

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You get pissed off with a minutes silence? Jesus Christ. Which ones have you found particularly infuriating? Speedo's? Remembrance Day? Victims of a terror attack? Sir Nat's? A kid killed on his way to the match?

And do you honestly believe "Politicans" decide when we have them?

i thought it was politicians , then Sam Allardyce

then ice cream van drivers 

and then you

please share with the class who decides when i have to stand in silence pre match

names please 

Just now, Rudy said:

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story.

When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fun. One game a lad called me a fuckin wog, it got to me. I can still picture the lad now.

This happened quite a bit, and everytime it got to me, I had managers who did nothing.

Growing up when I attended the wanderers matches I loved it, but I witnessed racism that hurt, I got it delivered to myself from home and away fans. 

That takes serious strength to continue to go to matches.

I became a professional football coach and I’ve been on the end of racist abuse as a coach, even by fans of the club I work for. 

Having a child now who may witness and suffer racist abuse it breaks my heart, I sometimes think you know what I’d die before she got the same treatment as I have done.

Seeing any person be hurt or killed because of the colour of their skin, it takes me back to when I was a kid. It hurts.

Seeing any player suffer racist abuse, takes me back. Breaks my heart.

How in 2020 is this still happening?

Then George Floyd is killed, and I just think how is this happening because of his skin colour, I look at my daughter, she’s the most amazing little thing but she’s mixed race and she might suffer abuse. It upset me, it took me back to my racist experiences. 
Then I see players of all creeds and colours kneeling in front of the worlds audience, saying enough is enough we want equality.

It send a sense of pride and emotion through me, I have lived through racism but we now live in a world where I’m less likely to be taken back to that horrible awful place.

If you are fed up of players kneeling, imagine how fed up how black people are of not feeling equal. 

Im out. x

There you go chaps.......

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fun. One game a lad called me a fuckin wog, it got to me. I can still picture the lad now.

This happened quite a bit, and everytime it got to me, I had managers who did nothing.

Growing up when I attended the wanderers matches I loved it, but I witnessed racism that hurt, I got it delivered to myself from home and away fans. 

I became a professional football coach and I’ve been on the end of racist abuse as a coach, even by fans of the club I work for. 

Having a child now who may witness and suffer racist abuse it breaks my heart, I sometimes think you know what I’d die before she got the same treatment as I have done.

Seeing any person be hurt or killed because of the colour of their skin, it takes me back to when I was a kid. It hurts.

Then George Floyd is killed, and I just think how is this happening because of his skin colour, I look at my daughter, she’s the most amazing little thing but she’s mixed race and she might suffer abuse. It upset me, it took me back to my racist experiences. 
Then I see players of all creeds and colours kneeling in front of the worlds audience, saying enough is enough we want equality.

It send a sense of pride and emotion through me, I have lived through racism but we now live in a world where I’m less likely to be taken back to that horrible awful place.

If you are fed up of players kneeling, imagine how fed up how black people are of not feeling equal. 

Im out. x

Very strong well worded post 👏🏻 however how do we know GF was killed because of the colour of his skin? I don’t think anyone bar those 3 coppers (one who was mixed race) have the answer to that.

20 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Clap. 

Go back under the stand 

No it is Not. I have never booed a Wanderers player. ( not even Zat Knight ).

And I will not sit / stand and watch a group of players ( some of whom are pressurised) into conforming to a media backed circus.

Some stood on their doorsteps to clap the NHs - It went on for a few weeks . Then the NHS said it had served its purpose.

The pundits on Sky and the BBC wore badges supporting BLM for a few weeks . They have now gone. ( public opinion).

Hopefully stadiums will slowly open, we can forget day to day shite and stand together to support our teams . Forget about political bullshit . It’s Sport not politics.

• Site Supporter
Just now, crawshawbooth said:

i thought it was politicians , then Sam Allardyce

then ice cream van drivers 

and then you

please share with the class who decides when i have to stand in silence pre match

names please 

Nobody "decides" what you have to do. You can even be one of those cunts who disrupts a minutes silence if you want. Go for it. But if you seriously believe the Prime Minister or an MP tells Bolton Wanderers they must hold a minutes silence when one of their ex-players/supporters/players/staff dies, you have lost the plot.

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

There you go chaps.......

Because Rudy had a rough time with some racist bastards growing up and playing the game why do we have to d

Just now, Cheese said:

Nobody "decides" what you have to do. You can even be one of those cunts who disrupts a minutes silence if you want. Go for it. But if you seriously believe the Prime Minister or an MP tells Bolton Wanderers they must hold a minutes silence when one of their ex-players/supporters/players/staff dies, you have lost the plot.

so who decides we have a silence 

if you are keen and informed tell me a name or an organisation

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Im out. x

When you talk about Black People not feeling equal, I’d be keen to know if you think the U.K. is systemically racist? Or is it just isolated incidents of racism that drive it 

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Im out. x

Heart felt and passionate- And yes , I have never walked in your shoes.

I have never suffered or can imagine racism.

But hand on heart I can say I treat people as I find them . And I hope to be treated likewise

But I will never be controlled by media or supposed ideals.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

so who decides we have a silence 

if you are keen and informed tell me a name or an organisation

It depends entirely on the occasion. If it's a National thing (such as Remembrance Day), the League decides. If it's something specific to the Club (such as an ex-player passing away), the Club decides.

However, you can behave as you like during the minutes silence/applause. Nobody is forcing you to do anything against your will. There might be consequences to your actions, but that's life. You may have paid for a ticket, but that doesn't mean you're beyond reproach once you step through the turnstiles. The Club has every right to kick you out for whatever reason they want.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, embankment said:

Heart felt and passionate- And yes , I have never walked in your shoes.

I have never suffered or can imagine racism.

But hand on heart I can say I treat people as I find them . And I hope to be treated likewise

But I will never be controlled by media or supposed ideals.

YOU might treat people that way, but some people don't. It really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It depends entirely on the occasion. If it's a National thing (such as Remembrance Day), the League decides. If it's something specific to the Club (such as an ex-player passing away), the Club decides.

However, you can behave as you like during the minutes silence/applause. Nobody is forcing you to do anything against your will. There might be consequences to your actions, but that's life. You may have paid for a ticket, but that doesn't mean you're beyond reproach once you step through the turnstiles. The Club has every right to kick you out for whatever reason they want.

yes but why does the nation rely on the reaction of dick head neanderthal football fans to express the feelings / support of a nation

doubt they have a minutes silence at evensong around the nations cathedrals  before those little choir boys get bummed to within an inch of there lives 

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

YOU might treat people that way, but some people don't. It really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand.

i dont need kicking out ,just need an explanation how i need to behave

Does this happen on a regular basis to west end theater audiences

royal ballet, covent garden opera 

think not

preach to those twats before me  ....DICKHEAD

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

yes but why does the nation rely on the reaction of dick head neanderthal football fans to express the feelings / support of a nation

doubt they have a minutes silence at evensong around the nations cathedrals  before those little choir boys get bummed to within an inch of there lives 

It doesn't. That scenario only exists in your head.

I have no idea why you've brought Cathedrals and paedophiles into it. My earlier suggestion that you might have 'lost the plot' now seems prescient.

• Site Supporter
Just now, crawshawbooth said:

i dont need kicking out ,just need an explanation how i need to behave

Does this happen on a regular basis to west end theater audiences

royal ballet, covent garden opera 

think not

preach to those twats before me  ....DICKHEAD

You can behave however you want, wherever you want. It's slightly worrying that you feel like you "need to be told".