Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It doesn't. That scenario only exists in your head.

I have no idea why you've brought Cathedrals and paedophiles into it. My earlier suggestion that you might have 'lost the plot' now seems prescient.

you still havent told me the name of any person that  has said i should observe a minutes silence before a venue that i have paid to attend is

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Rudy said:

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story.

When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fun. One game a lad called me a fuckin wog, it got to me. I can still picture the lad now.

This happened quite a bit, and everytime it got to me, I had managers who did nothing.

Growing up when I attended the wanderers matches I loved it, but I witnessed racism that hurt, I got it delivered to myself from home and away fans. 

That takes serious strength to continue to go to matches.

I became a professional football coach and I’ve been on the end of racist abuse as a coach, even by fans of the club I work for. 

Having a child now who may witness and suffer racist abuse it breaks my heart, I sometimes think you know what I’d die before she got the same treatment as I have done.

Seeing any person be hurt or killed because of the colour of their skin, it takes me back to when I was a kid. It hurts.

Seeing any player suffer racist abuse, takes me back. Breaks my heart.

How in 2020 is this still happening?

Then George Floyd is killed, and I just think how is this happening because of his skin colour, I look at my daughter, she’s the most amazing little thing but she’s mixed race and she might suffer abuse. It upset me, it took me back to my racist experiences. 
Then I see players of all creeds and colours kneeling in front of the worlds audience, saying enough is enough we want equality.

It send a sense of pride and emotion through me, I have lived through racism but we now live in a world where I’m less likely to be taken back to that horrible awful place.

If you are fed up of players kneeling, imagine how fed up how black people are of not feeling equal. 

Im out. x

From a fellow Wanderer I struggle to see how anyone can’t connect with this. One of our own who can speak from the heart with experience and with a perspective of how you’d like your daughter to experience our world. Can’t be easy sharing that on here, I commend you Sir 👏

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

you still havent told me the name of any person that  has said i should observe a minutes silence before a venue that i have paid to attend is

I've told you how the decisions are made. I don't have contact details for the individual people. You'll need to contact the venue for that, you fucking moron.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I've told you how the decisions are made. I don't have contact details for the individual people. You'll need to contact the venue for that, you fucking moron.

OI bellend 

so 16 thousand get told to do something but there is no chain of command

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , someone came up with a decision ,even if it was little shrivelled up prick like yourself

Blinding light ...... nobody was involved 

and it all happened telipathically

Very thought provoking that, @Rudy I can't imagine what it has been and will be like for you and your family.

The only thing in your statement that I might not quite agree with is whether George Floyd's death was entirely racist.

GF was well know to the guy who killed him and they'd worked together at some point, hadn't they? Isn't there a possibility that it was a personal thing that got out of hand and wasn't helped by the fact he was black. Also, FWIW the coppers who stood by on that day are equally culpable.

Prejudice in any form has no part in society and needs eradicating . 

• Site Supporter
Just now, crawshawbooth said:

OI bellend 

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , someone came up with a decision ,even if it was little shrivelled up prick like yourself

👍

10 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

OI bellend 

Remind us of the last minutes silence we had at Bolton?

Edited by mickbrown
Sleeve?

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Remind us of the last minutes sleeve we had at Bolton?

cant pull one up at the minute Mick but i had 2 kids with season tickets that were ever asking why

i dont give to begging charaties as a rule , but give to natural disaster causes

because there beore the grace of god go me n my family

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Had a quick Google.

So far seen silences for Burden disaster, Hillsbrough, Nat. All fair enough really, within a football context.

Ain't seen any I'd lose my shit over yet.

talking about the whole football family over 30 years 

and then the media dissection that we were all good boys and the apropiate nice people

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Had a quick Google.

So far seen silences for Burden disaster, Hillsbrough, Nat. All fair enough really, within a football context.

have you ever been to a stadium in the last 30 years

or were you in pub / bookies first half

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Had a quick Google.

so  gospel to you we have had 3 silences in 30 years 

fuck off , boil your head 

come back when there is any sense there you muppet

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

talking about the whole football family over 30 years 

and then the media dissection that we were all good boys and the apropiate nice people

Searched Bolton's Twitter feed back then past 10 years for minutes silence announcements.

To add to the above there was one for Roy Hartle, the usual Rememberence ones, Manchester Arena Bombing, Bradford Fire.

Only ones that looks a bit out of place was a Spanish train crash

Just now, crawshawbooth said:

why the fuck do we to stand for the Spanish train crash

not acting the cock , but my point is why is it always the football fan the represents the nation

when the fucking nation hates us anyway

You told me to fuck off. That's acting the cock in my opinion.

Anyroad, you crack on getting angry at minutes silence.

Good to have a hobby and all that👍

• Members
3 hours ago, embankment said:

If i get the chance to go into the stadium.

I will applaud the players as they run out.

Then go back under the stand , while the charade is played out .

When the match starts i will return to my seat.

British diplomacy at its best.

This sums up the whole issue better than I ever could. As personal interest I live two minutes walk from Millwall's training ground, as Barney says here, it is an issue not just for the football club but for South East London itself in a incredibly diverse area of the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/taking-a-knee-is-a-sign-to-minorities-they-are-welcome-at-football-grounds?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Very thought provoking that, @Rudy I can't imagine what it has been and will be like for you and your family.

The only thing in your statement that I might not quite agree with is whether George Floyd's death was entirely racist.

GF was well know to the guy who killed him and they'd worked together at some point, hadn't they? Isn't there a possibility that it was a personal thing that got out of hand and wasn't helped by the fact he was black. Also, FWIW the coppers who stood by on that day are equally culpable.

Prejudice in any form has no part in society and needs eradicating . 

They'd worked at the same place but no suggestion they'd worked the same shift or knew each other.

It was a random stop where the suspect was offering no resistance yet still ended up on the floor with a knee on his neck.  That could be typical of some US over aggressive policing but the claim is, where it's a black suspect, this kind of aggression is more frequently used than when it's a white suspect. 

Amen to your last 2 sentences 👍