Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Would you feel the same if hypothetically back in  2019 you had opened a little shop in theater land that bought in , at a large investment costumes that were rented out to stage productions in the West End  and television productions .

Covid rocks up .no turnover , no income

Insurance due in May , tell you what, lets wing it until this is all over

and then a bunch of peaceful protesters have the shutters off the front and burn the lot to the ground

It would be displayed as a work of art. 

14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Rioting, or protesting? Satutes being brought down? What is your issue? Glad is was finally dragged down - saved the council a job.

This focus on isolated incidents and ignoring the wider issue is a real failure of some on here. Some I thought better of (to be fair not you RW, you're already pegged your nasty little flag to the pole)

You're excelling yourself here pal, jesus christ.

Imagine the boot on the foot with all that behaviour?

Youd be the first to castigate any violence attached to political movements.

Only when it suits your agenda eh...

You're without a doubt the most blinkered poster on this forum, and that is some achievement. 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

You're excelling yourself here pal, jesus christ.

Imagine the boot on the foot with all that behaviour?

Youd be the first to castigate any violence attached to political movements.

Only when it suits your agenda eh...

You're without a doubt the most blinkered poster on this forum, and that is some achievement. 

I sometime’s  think he’s on a fishing trip, surely no one is this blinkered? 

8 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Would you feel the same if hypothetically back in  2019 you had opened a little shop in theater land that bought in , at a large investment costumes that were rented out to stage productions in the West End  and television productions .

Covid rocks up .no turnover , no income

Insurance due in May , tell you what, lets wing it until this is all over

and then a bunch of peaceful protesters have the shutters off the front and burn the lot to the ground

And then a dragon swooped down and shat in your favourite giant  teapot.....

Just now, crawshawbooth said:

there is an awful lot of people that covid has affected in their business because they dont have the protection of a big employer looking after them

So you think that's a realistic scenario? A business that relies on renting out it's stock deciding to not insure themselves?

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

So you think that's a realistic scenario? A business that relies on renting out it's stock deciding to not insure themselves?

if you dont have the brass, i have just been through this senario

agent on the phone , need to renew

renew what  , zero business

£20, 000 a month turnover to less than £3000

What do they work out my public liability and turnover from that

Last year i got all arsey about my insurance cover , we were with Great Lakes or something

agent switched us and in the documentation we are covered for cessation of business for a pandemic up to one million pounds

Their clause , not something that i invented or asked to be written into my policy

still waiting ,High Court are on their 2nd month of deliberation

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Not a bit incendiary?

Aye 

Youd think they would have tried to avoid inciting anything for everyone’s benefit, wankers 

Wyats gone on at PSG with this abandoned game? Only caught the back end of it on the news, did it really get postponed because the referee referred to Ba as Black Guy? I’m all for players walking off if they receive racial abuse, however I wouldn’t regard that as abuse, certainly not worth walking for 

I see Neymar tweeted Black Lives Matter - Won’t help land the message that football protests have nothing to do with BLM, perhaps in France / other sports they still do to be fair 

Edited by birch-chorley

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I can't be racist, me. I've got black friends...

Not the case with them mate. Always been a multicultural lot, hence what va va said up the thread.

Spokespersons from their 'supporters groups' went in and had talks with club and discussed the matter and how to keep the support for anti racism but try and detach from the BLM poltical movement.

Thats all they wanted. They got change which they had every right to call for.

You wont see that making any press though obviously, just racist millwall hooligans innit.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

That's a bit cringeworthy for me. It's a bit like someone claiming they're not racist because a black bartender laughed when they called him a n***** 20 years ago...

I'm not suggesting the person who posted that photo is racist for one minute, but it's a poorly judged rebuttal.

Edited by Cheese

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not the case with them mate. Always been a multicultural lot, hence what va va said up the thread.

Spokespersons from their 'supporters groups' went in and had talks with club and discussed the matter and how to keep the support for anti racism but try and detach from the BLM poltical movement.

Thats all they wanted. They got change which they had every right to call for.

You wont see that making any press though obviously, just racist millwall hooligans innit.

Fair play, good on them.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its nothing like it.

Maybe not to those who are familiar with the people involved, but it doesn't look great as an outsider. Maybe I'm too sensitive (and part of the problem), but it comes across as "Millwall fans can't be racist because we had a black Millwall fan, and here's a really old photo to prove it!". I'm sure there was good meaning behind it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its nothing like it.

Absolutely. Not sure what folk expect, a full on assessment and certificate of non racist conformity?

No doubt if they were kicking fuck out of the lad, they would be massive racists.

I've always said fv isn't for me, all a bit cracked, but the concept that they're all racist etc is just bollocks. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I don't think anyone thinks "all" millwall fans are racist, all that shows is some are not, but that's like any club - decent lads and neanderthals in attendance

that kid singing "millwall, fuck em all" picked up "you black cunt" thinking it was ok to say it from somewhere

but that doesn't mean all millwall fans are racist either

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think anyone thinks "all" millwall fans are racist, all that shows is some are not, but that's like any club - decent lads and neanderthals in attendance

that kid singing "millwall, fuck em all" picked up "you black cunt" thinking it was ok to say it from somewhere

but that doesn't mean all millwall fans are racist either

Exactly. I'm in no doubt whatseover that we have our fair share too.

Edited by Cheese