Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Not sure what folk expect, a full on assessment and certificate of non racist conformity?

No doubt if they were kicking fuck out of the lad, they would be massive racists.

I've always said fv isn't for me, all a bit cracked, but the concept that they're all racist etc is just bollocks. 

Wrexhams mob are far left.

Couple of others too including Celtic obviously.

Work that one out :D

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think anyone thinks "all" millwall fans are racist, all that shows is some are not, but that's like any club - decent lads and neanderthals in attendance

that kid singing "millwall, fuck em all" picked up "you black cunt" thinking it was ok to say it from somewhere

but that doesn't mean all millwall fans are racist either

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/tiny-lionised-by-next-generation-millwall-fans/

35 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Maybe not to those who are familiar with the people involved, but it doesn't look great as an outsider. Maybe I'm too sensitive (and part of the problem), but it comes across as "Millwall fans can't be racist because we had a black Millwall fan, and here's a really old photo to prove it!". I'm sure there was good meaning behind it.

Are you assuming the person who posted the picture is white? 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think anyone thinks "all" millwall fans are racist, all that shows is some are not, but that's like any club - decent lads and neanderthals in attendance

that kid singing "millwall, fuck em all" picked up "you black cunt" thinking it was ok to say it from somewhere

but that doesn't mean all millwall fans are racist either

My kids were always told that some of the stuff they hear at football was only for at football games and by big boys.

As it happens, they quickly sussed out what was ok to sing and what wasn’t.

If, however, they happened to use an oft used phrase, and I suspect that the kid’s heard “You black cunt!” from the mouth of his dad rather than some random er at a football match, whist I just happened to be videoing his rendition of a football chant and he went too far and came out with those words, I certainly wouldn’t be rushing to put it on social media for the world to see. That will come back and haunt him for the rest of his life.

Starting a new school, out comes the video.

Going for a job, out comes the video.

Best man’s speech, out comes the video.

Cheers dad!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Because they don’t agree with the kneeling and what they feel it represents 

To me it represents anti-racism, and I think the players and football authorities have made that pretty clear.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

To me it represents anti-descrimination in general, and I think the players and football authorities have made that pretty clear.

That’s the problem; you may well think the authorities have made it clear, many either didn’t hear them or didn’t understand the explanation.

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

That’s the problem; you may well think the authorities have made it clear, many either didn’t hear them or didn’t understand the explanation.

That's not THE problem - it's THEIR problem. If you feel strongly enough about something to boo it in public, you should probably understand what it is first.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Again it doesn't prove owt either way

Chelsea have black fans, but they had the guy who called sterling a black cunt and those on the Paris subway chanting how they love john Terry being racist and pushing a black lad off the train

Some are, some aren't 

Millwall have a reputation, but I've never thought them to be "more racist" than anyone else, it's an easy assumption to make, and a lazy one 

Booing the knee didn't help mind, but "fuck em all", as they say

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

That's not THE problem - it's THEIR problem. If you feel strongly enough about something to boo it in public, you should probably understand what it is first.

Good point; well made.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You're assuming people don't, merely because their reaction to it is different to yours.

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Again it doesn't prove owt either way

Chelsea have black fans, but they had the guy who called sterling a black cunt and those on the Paris subway chanting how they love john Terry being racist and pushing a black lad off the train

Some are, some aren't 

Millwall have a reputation, but I've never thought them to be "more racist" than anyone else, it's an easy assumption to make, and a lazy one 

Booing the knee didn't help mind, but "fuck em all", as they say

Same as the Rooney article, Millwall as a club and with their fans have done great things in a very difficult area of London. That doesn't excuse the booing though or those that took part. 

As a football fan I feel overwhelmed with all the tributes I have to endure, one minute, two minutes, clapping at a set minute and so on. Its an effin' footy game at the end of the day not an international summit.

However, BLM has made me think about discrimination, I am an older man who still believes he has something to offer but late in life, I now experience age-discrimination which winds me up big time.

As a result I now realise some people have had to endure some form of discrimination from day zero and I now look at myself and how I conduct my affairs and I call out any discrimination no matter how minor, I really cannot accept the statement "I'm not a racist because..." It is all about how you conduct yourself as a human being.

Initially this doesn't make me the most popular guy on the building site but when I explain how I have made this decision it leads to some very good interactions and ultimately we all understand each other more than prior. So maybe this is what taking a knee can achieve.

Just now, Dimron said:

As a football fan I feel overwhelmed with all the tributes I have to endure, one minute, two minutes, clapping at a set minute and so on. Its an effin' footy game at the end of the day not an international summit.

However, BLM has made me think about discrimination, I am an older man who still believes he has something to offer but late in life, I now experience age-discrimination which winds me up big time.

As a result I now realise some people have had to endure some form of discrimination from day zero and I now look at myself and how I conduct my affairs and I call out any discrimination no matter how minor, I really cannot accept the statement "I'm not a racist because..." It is all about how you conduct yourself as a human being.

Initially this doesn't make me the most popular guy on the building site but when I explain how I have made this decision it leads to some very good interactions and ultimately we all understand each other more than prior. So maybe this is what taking a knee can achieve.

Well said that man.

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Equality.

It really is quite difficult at times, isn't it?

Well, I've said my piece, carry on defending this is all you want and let's see where history lands for us.

It’s a simple question, do you think booing against the knee is racist? If so if someone sat behind you was booing would you report them? 

26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

To me it represents anti-racism, and I think the players and football authorities have made that pretty clear.

Many players are still associating it with BLM as are the media. 

If you ask the majority of fans what kneeling represents I’m guessing the majority will say BLM.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55151065

The issues with BLM are a smokescreen. Maybe you don't like affirmative action? Maybe you just want a nice, quiet underfunded, stick a badge on a manager campaign and so you can forget about the actual problem?

The good thing is because of the action of some fans this isn't going to fade away. What good does taking the knee make, this very discussion id say.