Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Just now, Cheese said:

It is clear that taking the knee is a purely anti-racism thing. If you think players are doing it to support vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism!), then you are being either purposefully or subconsciously ignorant.

I think taking the knee is in support of BLM 

Who believe the U.K. system is systemically racists 

Go on the BLM U.K. web site, on the home page, it has a picture of Lewis Hamilton taking the knee with a BLM T shirt on and the comment about white people having privilege etc etc 

Thats more than just anti racism 

https://blacklivesmatter.uk

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

One thing's for sure in my mind. One of the most marginalised groups in the UK are white working class men. 

I don't disagree, hence why these discussions are so fraught.

It also doesn't mean this booing should be excused. Understand the reasons behind it, absolutely, but it still.doesnt make it acceptable.

Edited by Not in Crawley

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It is clear that taking the knee is a purely anti-racism thing. If you think players are doing it to support vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism!), then you are being either purposefully or subconsciously ignorant.

Another quote from the U.K. BLM web site... 

‘Black history and white history are entwined with white pillage. White domination, white supremacy, white power and white denial of atrocities against black bodies handed down by the white hand.’

BLM far from a simple anti racism message for me, much more divisive really 

• Site Supporter
Just now, birch-chorley said:

I think taking the knee is in support of BLM 

Who believe the U.K. system is systemically racists 

Go on the BLM U.K. web site, on the home page, it has a picture of Lewis Hamilton taking the knee with a BLM T shirt on and the comment about white people having privilege etc etc 

Thats more than just anti racism 

It's not though. You seem obsessed with BLM. Even if what you're saying is true, what do you think is so wrong about black people expressing their opinions?

Just now, crawshawbooth said:

Thanks luv , if you me and Cheese could have a little snuggle the world would be a better place

all unicorns and stardust with the two of you guiding me through life

can almost see the you tube post [ lots of soft focus shots]

Anytime you need, hun. Just rest your weary head.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It's not though. You seem obsessed with BLM. Even if what you're saying is true, what do you think is so wrong about black people expressing their opinions?

Hes not going to concede the point that there isn't an issue with racism in the UK. Everything else is distraction, including the Disraeli stats.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

totally fucking bonkeramas that is , what talking about BLM on the BLM thread 

he needs to take a serious look at himself

or happen ,write to someone

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Aye, pretty sure they're just being wilfully ignorant at this point. 

Edited by deane koontz

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Exactly, now we are getting somewhere, lightning the mood a little.

I still use one at work, only for best though 😁

When WH Smiths was good. 

Got a really expensive one, one year. Wrote like shit, I think it was for your 50nyear old business execs rather than a 14 year old at Smithills.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Hes not going to concede the point that there isn't an issue with racism in the UK. Everything else is distraction, including the Disraeli stats.

I know. I just can't fathom the mentality. 

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't disagree, hence why these discussions are so fraught.

It also doesn't mean this booing should be excused. Understand the reasons behind it, absolutely, but it still.doesnt make it acceptable.

My view has changed on it over the past couple of days. I was really expecting the arm in arm gesture at QPR to get a booing too. Which makes me think the majority of the Millwall fans were originally booing because of some other notion. 

Anyway - at least we're talking about it.