Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A very good article.

"Britain is the most diverse, tolerant nation on earth, the least racist and the most multicultural. I reject all those disgusting terms that come from American history and refuse to have them imposed on me and my country. Anyone can live a fruitful life here and achieve success but a very small minority of people want to undermine that and wreck it."

Not sure we're the most tolerant nation on earth. But I would say we're up there in the top 10. 

Never heard of this fella before today - bloody disgusting the abuse he's been getting and not being talked about enough. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Not sure we're the most tolerant nation on earth. But I would say we're up there in the top 10. 

Never heard of this fella before today - bloody disgusting the abuse he's been getting and not being talked about enough. 

Had friends who came here from South Africa. A good while ago. Seen plenty.

They were their words, not mine. These comments confirm that.

Weird how so many are willing to travel all the way through Europe, after coming through Africa or Asia, via the Mediterranean perhaps with a final dingy ride across the Channel.

Must be something in it.

Strangely, being a little less accommodating may actually make things better for everyone. 

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I’ve travelled a lot. I’ve never been to a country more tolerant than the U.K. I’d be interested to know which countries are above us in this top 10. 

12 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I’ve travelled a lot. I’ve never been to a country more tolerant than the U.K. I’d be interested to know which countries are above us in this top 10. 

Holland?

Anything goes there.

For sure (said in best Dutch policeman accent)

Edited by mickbrown

16 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Holland?

Anything goes there.

For sure (said in best Dutch policeman accent)

Tolerant but not as tolerant as the U.K. 
That is my opinion by the way. 
Going back to my original comment, quoting a ‘top ten’ assumes some sort of definitive specification of tolerance. It doesn’t exist.

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Going back to my original comment, quoting a ‘top ten’ assumes some sort of definitive specification of tolerance. It doesn’t exist.

Yet by your own admission you think the UK is more tolerant than Holland? 

22 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Aye it doesn't exist...

Guess it's a matter of experience for a variety of citizens and the opinions of those visiting or moving here. Think we've a lot to be proud of but doesn't mean we can't improve. 

I'd say places like New Zealand and some Scandinavian countries are more tolerant... but that's just an opinion and depends on what you define as tolerant. 

As TMJ says there is something in it with regards to how many people take the risk to come here. But they also take the risk for economic reasons, not just because they think they will be treated a certain way. 

I came across this sinister fellow a while ago, he's allegedly one of the extreme right's useful idiots...

Here he is on what could be far-right march.

IMG_20190329_214332_675-768x576.jpg

With a group of potentially the most dangerous rightist agitators.

20210219-192922.jpg

Fawning over some of history's worst monsters...

EduSecs.jpg

Worst of all, he actually puts 'Bsc (Hons)' after his name on his shameless self-promoting website.

7 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye it doesn't exist...

Guess it's a matter of experience for a variety of citizens and the opinions of those visiting or moving here. Think we've a lot to be proud of but doesn't mean we can't improve. 

I'd say places like New Zealand and some Scandinavian countries are more tolerant... but that's just an opinion and depends on what you define as tolerant. 

As TMJ says there is something in it with regards to how many people take the risk to come here. But they also take the risk for economic reasons, not just because they think they will be treated a certain way. 

It’s very difficult to compare. We have a far more culturally diverse society than the countries you mentioned (even Denmark) for many different reasons. I only made a comment because you thought others were better than us and your top ten comment.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s very difficult to compare. We have a far more culturally diverse society than the countries you mentioned (even Denmark) for many different reasons. I only made a comment because you thought others were better than us and your top ten comment.

There's loads of studies out there mapping progressiveness and tolerance that use varying factors. Across a lot it seems Canada, Scandinavia and Ireland do very well. Quiet interesting to see what the indicators were.

Never counted how many countries I’ve visited but must be over 40 and I can’t say I’ve ever come back and felt the uk was intolerant in comparison. 

Some of them are a disgrace but even your Canada’s and New Zealand examples that have been banded about on here I can’t say from personal experiences that they are more tolerant than here. But limited timescales spent there admittedly. 

I’ve only visited Sweden and Norway out of the Scandinavian countries but again can’t say they made me feel like I live in an intolerant country when I returned home.