Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye it doesn't exist...

Guess it's a matter of experience for a variety of citizens and the opinions of those visiting or moving here. Think we've a lot to be proud of but doesn't mean we can't improve. 

I'd say places like New Zealand and some Scandinavian countries are more tolerant... but that's just an opinion and depends on what you define as tolerant. 

As TMJ says there is something in it with regards to how many people take the risk to come here. But they also take the risk for economic reasons, not just because they think they will be treated a certain way. 

Economic reasons?

Reckon this is more in line with how they believe they will be treated

Anyway, Boby talked about his travel and personal experience- perhaps that does give him a little more insight than someone who has travelled less.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Never counted how many countries I’ve visited but must be over 40 and I can’t say I’ve ever come back and felt the uk was intolerant in comparison. 

Some of them are a disgrace but even your Canada’s and New Zealand examples that have been banded about on here I can’t say from personal experiences that they are more tolerant than here. But limited timescales spent there admittedly. 

I’ve only visited Sweden and Norway out of the Scandinavian countries but again can’t say they made me feel like I live in an intolerant country when I returned home. 

I witnessed something on the train from Copenhagen Airport to Lund in Sweden last year. I'm not sure if it was the boarder patrol doing a good job or just being racist/intolerant but on doing a passport check on the train the only person in my carriage who got the 3rd degree and a whole host of extra questions was the coloured guy. Everybody else was fine. Coloured guy got carted off the train for further questioning 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Economic reasons?

Reckon this is more in line with how they believe they will be treated

Anyway, Boby talked about his travel and personal experience- perhaps that does give him a little more insight than someone who has travelled less.

And the fact we speak English is massive factor.

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s very difficult to compare. We have a far more culturally diverse society than the countries you mentioned (even Denmark) for many different reasons. I only made a comment because you thought others were better than us and your top ten comment.

I'm just going off some of the studies that have been done... and looking at them only proves your point that it is difficult to measure or compare. 

For me it also includes things like gender equality, gay rights etc. So I wouldn't say we're the most tolerant country in the world, like the fella in the article was arguing. But we're one of them. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Never counted how many countries I’ve visited but must be over 40 and I can’t say I’ve ever come back and felt the uk was intolerant in comparison. 

Some of them are a disgrace but even your Canada’s and New Zealand examples that have been banded about on here I can’t say from personal experiences that they are more tolerant than here. But limited timescales spent there admittedly. 

I’ve only visited Sweden and Norway out of the Scandinavian countries but again can’t say they made me feel like I live in an intolerant country when I returned home. 

Don't think anyone was saying we live in an intolerant country. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Economic reasons?

Apparently there isn't even the evidence to suggest we're the top destination in Europe that migrants are trying to get to.
Why do migrants and asylum seekers want to come to the UK? - Full Fact

By economic reasons, I just meant the chance of getting work (legal or illegal) and the amount of money they can earn to send home. For many that is a big factor, rather than whether an asylum claim will be accepted. 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

No one is banding about anything, just saying that there has been a few studies done. 

You could add your Esco travels the world story to them.

I’d rather just enjoy my memories. Very fortunate. 

you should try traveling to more places it’s wonderful. If you get the chance. 

If i was to commit myself to travel across the globe to find a safe  / economical country to settle in , i think we will always be in front of countries such as USA , Canada , New Zealand or Australia.

I know they were all part of empire but they dont seem to acknowledge that they took the country from the indigenous populations and  just ignore the in justice

Rock up to Europe and try to blend in , those other nations have already shown their true colours

You're average older white Kiwi is very, very intolerant of Maori. Experienced numerous casual racism against them.

Getting a drink there can be an issue. A large part of the biggest city Auckland does not allow supermarkets to sell alcohol. You have buy from bottle shops owned by these mysterious, unaccountable Trusts who also decide who has bar  licenses.

A large part of NZ society is actually very conservative. 

Edited by jayjayoghani

Maori , Aboriginal , native North American , Native Canadian , it amazes me that these arent the races that are in our faces every day instead of our raygun friends.

They are like ghosts to Western society , nothing to see here!!!!

I think that a few on here if we had grown up in our land and then placed on a reservation might of kicked off slightly , especially in our late teens and twenties

The injustice of it it is a bit worse than being put in a cage at Bloomfield road

Edited by crawshawbooth
spelt wrongly

8 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

One things for sure, when fans return to football matches I will NEVER take the knee. I will turn my back on the whole charade as I won't supplicate myself to Culteral Marxism. 

What a ridiculous thing to say.

You seriously think the powers that be expect 60k at Anfield, Spurs or where ever to kneel down?

Half the fuckers from here wouldn't be able to get back up for starters.

35 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

You're average older white Kiwi is very, very intolerant of Maori. Experienced numerous casual racism against them.

Getting a drink there can be an issue. A large part of the biggest city Auckland does not allow supermarkets to sell alcohol. You have buy from bottle shops owned by these mysterious, unaccountable Trusts who also decide who has bar  licenses.

A large part of NZ society is actually very conservative. 

Pretty sure Melbourne was similar with the bottle shops. 

Just now, DavidLeesMullet said:

Not really as there'll always be guilty white leftards who will carry on doing this. 

Leftards and 'culterul' marxism in two posts.

Congratulations.

Here's a thing. I guarantee, nobody will be expecting you to kneel at the match next season. 

Much to your disappointment I reckon.