Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Watched a report on ITV Midlands News yesterday. Interviewing 5 or 6 young Black Brummies, all very articulate. Profoundly disappointing as they went through the reasons (non of which were even remotely supported by any scientific evidence) that they weren't going to have the vaccine. 

21 hours ago, kent_white said:

I've never seen anybody actually do this except for on telly.

I'd be extremely surprised if I saw anybody in the crowd do this at the Wanderers.

When the players 'take the knee' do the subs, management team, 4th official and all the others in the stadium 'take the knee' on the sidelines or does it only matter to the 22 that start on the pitch plus the 3 officials?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/footballer-lyle-taylor-says-blm-is-marxist-and-that-he-will-no-longer-take-the-k/

71KRwPjQDlL._AC_UX679_.jpg

dudes a king. 

But its making me think "they" knew it were a false flag for a scam and are letting peeps voice their opinion now that its done its job and they need it to go away now. 

no way Lyle Taylor wouldve been allowed on radio to say this 4 months ago. 

must be having unintended consequences. 

nearest i can remember to this is when Gary Neville tried getting folk to strike over Rio Ferdinand missing a drugs test. and eventually David James was allowed to explain why he voted to not go on a strike. 

theyre backpedaling for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Watching the Bayern v BVB game, they didn't take the knee, does BLM not matter in Germany?

Many countries and other sports don’t. Obviously British footballers see and hear more than the rest of the worlds other sportsmen and women 

19 minutes ago, royal white said:

Many countries and other sports don’t. Obviously British footballers see and hear more than the rest of the worlds other sportsmen and women 

I see Zaha isn’t taking the knee anymore. Apologies if this has been the case in previous weeks as well I only read about it today. 

Just now, DazBob said:

The good thing is that those taking the knee or not is meaning it's still a talking point. All positives for me.

That’s like saying people talking about hughmungus being an enormous knob is a positive. Sometimes it’s not all good. 

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The good thing is that those taking the knee or not is meaning it's still a talking point. All positives for me.

No one seems to be discussing the problem, if there is one. The majority of discussions I’ve seen lately are people fucking it off because they deem it as worthless 

Taking the knee nearly cost us a goal Williams was still getting up when the ball was played back to him and there player was straight through past him when the ref blew up to take it again .

No one seems to know what’s going on with it now some players not interested some still doing it 🤷‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Derby have announced they are not taking the knee from now on, seems to be phasing itself out, more players and clubs now giving it up or fighting racism in other ways.

Does anyone have any idea what the end goal was and has it been achieved? 

• 3 weeks later...

Any visionary badges going to those of us who said the U.K. was better than most with regard to race relations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56585538

The commission's report concluded that the UK is not yet a "post-racial country" - but its success in removing race-based disparity in education and, to a lesser extent, the economy, "should be regarded as a model for other white-majority countries".

We are not America.

8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Any visionary badges going to those of us who said the U.K. was better than most with regard to race relations.

The commission's report concluded that the UK is not yet a "post-racial country" - but its success in removing race-based disparity in education and, to a lesser extent, the economy, "should be regarded as a model for other white-majority countries".

We are not America.

Better than most, yep.  Can be better?  I'd say so.

Maybe, and hopefully, he's right in that institutionally we are not a racist country.

But, the amount of racism we see on social media towards footballers shows there is still a problem.

• Members
40 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

We are not America.

Did anyone ever say we are worse? Or even equal to? 
Doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem here

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Better than most, yep.  Can be better?  I'd say so.

Maybe, and hopefully, he's right in that institutionally we are not a racist country.

But, the amount of racism we see on social media towards footballers shows there is still a problem.

Do we really see a lot on social media towards footballers? It does seem to got worse since the kneeling started.

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

We are not America.

I agree. I was one of them. My point all along has been that the situation you find yourself born into has far more influence on your outcomes than the colour of your skin. 

Like the report says, social class is a huge driver.

I also think it was interesting that one of its conclusions is that consistently making out that things are worse than they are, risks alienating the middle ground. 

17 minutes ago, royal white said:

Do we really see a lot on social media towards footballers? It does seem to got worse since the kneeling started.

Perhaps there's 2 things.

Knobheads thinking making racist remarks to a footballer is some sort of counter protest to the BLM cause.

Footballers being less prepared to just ignore said knobheads so are speaking out more when it does happen.