Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

I'm pretty sure you've been misinformed.

However if you don't declare a disability then you more or less waive any right to protection from discrimination or special dispensations (from the employer) on account of it.

As for Cecil, I know folk from producer and/or transit countries and they'd happily see any seized stuff laced with anthrax then sent on its merry way...

Some Israeli boffin who was behind some of the most dazzling 'legal highs' about thirteen years ago reckoned so much money goes into the regular economy from the drugs trade that the marginally profitable synthetics industry was strangled at birth.

Pablo Escobar was once the 7th richest person in the world according to Forbes, so this notion carries some credence.

It's also a powerful vasodilator (cyril, not money).

17 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Every application form for a job has this diversity monitoring malarkey.

If we are diverse, why does it matter how you identify, or where you are from etc. 

I do wonder how many jobs I've had my cv passed over, purely as I have a disability.  I once asked what would happen if I left it off, and was told its supplying false information on an application... 

The monitoring has nothing to do with job selection, it's illegal to do that and whoever told you that was wrong.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

The monitoring has nothing to do with job selection, it's illegal to do that and whoever told you that was wrong.

As is the mythical disabled register. Yet some organisations still ask this question, are you registered as disabled!

• Members
19 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm pretty sure you've been misinformed.

However if you don't declare a disability then you more or less waive any right to protection from discrimination or special dispensations (from the employer) on account of it.

As for Cecil, I know folk from producer and/or transit countries and they'd happily see any seized stuff laced with anthrax then sent on its merry way...

Some Israeli boffin who was behind some of the most dazzling 'legal highs' about thirteen years ago reckoned so much money goes into the regular economy from the drugs trade that the marginally profitable synthetics industry was strangled at birth.

Pablo Escobar was once the 7th richest person in the world according to Forbes, so this notion carries some credence.

It's also a powerful vasodilator (cyril, not money).

Fascinating character for a vile druggy thug Ol’ Pablo. Only drug dealer to make the Forbes rich list, whilst on the run from the FBI & DEA he traveled to Washington and posed in front of the White House, owned 4 hippos where they still roam around Columbia today 

Most Colombians think they're well shut of him.

They really dislike stuff like Narcos, Finding Pablo, Sicario etc. that reinvent history and/or paint this quaint picture of him as Patrón...

Last I heard the hippos were doing too well and there was talk of a cull.

History's greatest monster and the most loathed beast in the UK Romesh 'his name's really Jonathan' Ranganathan did a good travelogue on Colombia actually, if folk can get past their blind hatred for him.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, royal white said:

I see they’ve finally seen sense in Manchester and covered the George Floyd mural up 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Sadly it was just asking to be vandalised 

That happened last summer 

https://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/news/22072020-manchesters-george-floyd-mural-defaced-with-racial-slur-in-northern-quarter/

Last time i saw it, it was sansa stark 

fFEesds.jpg

All depends on what's "in" at the time

Edited by Zico

2 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

People forget just how successful 10cc were and it wasn't all down to I'm Not In Love.

We forgot the Monkey Man by the way

Original Soundtrack and How Dare You are unbelievable albums, it's sad they get overlooked currently as they were a great album band.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

One Night in Paris is a great song on Original Soundtrack.

Not for everyone but musically brilliant.

That's actually on the compilation I've got strangely, along with Hotlegs' Neanderthal Man

Will agree One Night In Paris is amazing, very witty lyrics

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Defo, with the Bee Gees and Take That 😁

I wouldn't mind but I'm not even Mancunian, just think towns and cities should be proud of their musical heritage.

Recently signed a petition to erect a plaque on the sight of the Club-A-Go-Go in Newcastle, made famous by The Animals

The Bee Gees are a bit of a strange one as I think they were born in Manchester, went to live on the Isle Of Man and then in Australia 

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

Fuck Manchester icons/ murals, fuck the bee, couldn’t give a fuck. Up themselves manc shit houses, shite city, same as the scouse fuckers. Bolton rules!! And yes, weekends started early. 🍷 🍷 🍻 I like the bee gees though. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

34 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fuck Manchester icons/ murals, fuck the bee, couldn’t give a fuck. Up themselves manc shit houses, shite city, same as the scouse fuckers. Bolton rules!! And yes, weekends started early. 🍷 🍷 🍻 I like the bee gees though. 😂

I’m with you till scousers and the beegees