Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Just reading a piece in The Times about systemic racism in gardening...

Countryfile presenter James Wong digs in over ‘gardening racism’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/countryfile-presenter-james-wong-digs-in-over-gardening-racism-9pbl3wfwr

All to do with the term native when used to talk about plants

Apparently ‘U.K. gardening culture has racism baked in to its DNA’ - gardeners are going to be taking the knee at the Chelsea Flower Show next year, fuck me 

The politics of the allotment is a serious issue.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

The politics of the allotment is a serious issue.

A chingaling going on about racism.

They're the worst of the lot.

They hate everyone - even other chinks from down the road.

I am not racist - except to some of them.

Folk like Sue or that lass with the semi-bald barnet from Rice and Easy are alreet.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Always thought he was a bit of a prick, but he was quality on there. A proper lad & a leader of men, a dying breed these days. 

I enjoyed that clip

Was reading on wiki off the pitch he was always abrasive, awkward and argumentative

Can see it in that clip but he put his point across well

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I enjoyed that clip

Was reading on wiki off the pitch he was always abrasive, awkward and argumentative

Can see it in that clip but he put his point across well

He says what he thinks & stands by it & has no time for bullshitters... A proper mon imo. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He says what he thinks & stands by it & has no time for bullshitters... A proper mon imo. 

Aye but i think you were also right to a degree with your initial assessment, certainly on the pitch

• Members
On 19/12/2020 at 10:14, Youri McAnespie said:

Cell Block H? You've spent too long down under.

I'm not a twat normally - but have to pull rank on occasion. Not to you in particular but others who besmirch me as a pisshead buffoon when I am, in reality, a highly respected professional.

Which should negate your need to say it?

• Members
On 19/12/2020 at 16:43, birch-chorley said:

Just reading a piece in The Times about systemic racism in gardening...

Countryfile presenter James Wong digs in over ‘gardening racism’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/countryfile-presenter-james-wong-digs-in-over-gardening-racism-9pbl3wfwr

All to do with the term native when used to talk about plants

Apparently ‘U.K. gardening culture has racism baked in to its DNA’ - gardeners are going to be taking the knee at the Chelsea Flower Show next year, fuck me 

There will seem to be no end to the extreme lunacy now that Pandora's box has been allowed to be opened.

The lexicon will have to be severly curtailed to remove references to colours and words which some utterly stupid busybody with nothing better to do has been able to demonstrate that even the mildest offence could be taken by following some convoluted route or other.

I am just waiting for the equal and opposite reaction when the silent majority finally decides enough is enough and (figuratlvely speaking) stomp on these time wasting trouble makers and give them the short shrift they deserve.

A good conventional war required to focus minds and eradicate the bullshit?

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

There will seem to be no end to the extreme lunacy now that Pandora's box has been allowed to be opened.

The lexicon will have to be severly curtailed to remove references to colours and words which some utterly stupid busybody with nothing better to do has been able to demonstrate that even the mildest offence could be taken by following some convoluted route or other.

I am just waiting for the equal and opposite reaction when the silent majority finally decides enough is enough and (figuratlvely speaking) stomp on these time wasting trouble makers and give them the short shrift they deserve.

A good conventional war required to focus minds and eradicate the bullshit?

These days, if you say you're English 😁

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

He's funny but a twat.

Does in 12 pints a night.

And takes the piss out of the very people that bankroll his Islington utopia. Thinks he's cleverer than he is.

He'll be dead by 60.

Not Bolty, Lee.

And he's made some utter crap.

These days, you can't even reference anything.

These days.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Apparently I can't say "gip" anymore as in "ripoff" as it's to do with gypsies. 

I had genuinely never put the two together until someone pointed it out! And even now I'm not sure that it's not bollocks.

"Thats a somewhat financially unsatisfactory price you've quoted me there"

24 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Apparently I can't say "gip" anymore as in "ripoff" as it's to do with gypsies. 

I had genuinely never put the two together until someone pointed it out! And even now I'm not sure that it's not bollocks.

In the early 80s I can well remember a similar phrase

"I'm sure I've just been jewed by that shopkeeper"

It's political correctness gone mad I tell ya!