Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

That’s not the point I was making though was it? So what circle are we coming around just so I’m clear?

I don't know what point you were making... I was responding to the post above. 

What was your point? 

The circle we keep on going around on here is the assumption (not directing this at you) that taking the knee is a sign of support for the politics of BLM. 

11 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I don't know what point you were making... I was responding to the post above. 

What was your point? 

The circle we keep on going around on here is the assumption (not directing this at you) that taking the knee is a sign of support for the politics of BLM. 

Doesn’t matter 👍🏼

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Predictable as ever, you got anything new ?

And another! Your brain must be reaching activity levels it hasn't experienced since it was just a few months old. You're going to need a nap soon.

14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Found this.

She's mentioned and discussed as part of an overall view.

https://thecritic.co.uk/blm-racists-dont-speak-for-me/

Some good points.

One generalisation in there that doesn't add up for me, but mostly agree. Similar to a black African fella I heard talking on the radio the other week.

3 hours ago, Morizio said:

There’s a public hearing in Scotland running at the moment, which is having George Floyd comparisons. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55663115

Yep saw this too. Remember when it happened and it seemed a bit excessive. They have clearly lied IMO and should be locked up for manslaughter or culpable homicide. Let’s see if our justice system works properly in this instance. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Yep saw this too. Remember when it happened and it seemed a bit excessive. They have clearly lied IMO and should be locked up for manslaughter or culpable homicide. Let’s see if our justice system works properly in this instance. 

Was that on Panorama last night? I saw the last few Minutes but then it wasn’t on iPlayer 

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Was that on Panorama last night? I saw the last few Minutes but then it wasn’t on iPlayer 

Don’t know mate didn’t see that. It was big news up here for a couple of days and then it went quiet until the family kept on pushing and then now it looks like the truth may come out. Fucking bullies deserve what they get hopefully 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Rudy said:

I watched it all

The first one easy to say it was racist but im not sure

18 stone bloke have a psycho episode, id want him subdued too, black or white

It became a cop basher after that so i fucked it off

Got this sent to me today from City of London comms. Sounds all good to me!

The committee voted today to move statues of William Beckford and Sir John Cass which currently stand in its historic Guildhall headquarters.

The City Corporation will set up a working group to oversee the removal of the statues and the works that could replace them, and will also consider commissioning a new memorial to the slave trade in the City.

The move had been recommended by the City Corporation’s Tackling Racism Taskforce, and will be accompanied by measures aimed at boosting diversity in staffing, governance, education, business and policing.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, royal white said:

I know Millwall FC got a lot of bad press when fans booed the kneeling but credit where it’s due, they appear to be the only team to hold a minutes silence before lasts nights game in memory of Sir Tom. 

And some of their fans seem to have weaponised it to justify the previous booing 

Everything getting used as political capital is so boring AF from both sides now

9 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Sir Tom is going to end up being the patron Saint of Gammons.

Not what he'd have wanted.

At it with the "Gammon" nonsense again are you? 

No section of society should be singled out for abuse .... unless of course you're a leftie liberal wokeist, in which case you can label older people (with whose views your shallow student politics do  not accord) as "gammon". 

Hypocrisy encapsulated.