Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Just now, miamiwhite said:

My dad went but I was just a nipper in the junior school at St Bede's. Great crowd though for an afternoon game in midweek. Just shows the beauty of the FA Cup in those days and how television has spoilt it these days.

I can recall having a bus ride over to Rochdale one Sunday morning for a match with a mate and seeing the most fittest ginger haired girl ever seen walking along the street in Swinton. We talked about nothing else all day, she was a fucking stunner.

• Site Supporter

I was in first form at Turton High and remember the teachers having to spend lunchtimes on Bromley Cross station stopping the older lads wagging school to go to afternoon games.

• Moderators
On 06/05/2021 at 21:20, MickyD said:

I was in first form at Turton High and remember the teachers having to spend lunchtimes on Bromley Cross station stopping the older lads wagging school to go to afternoon games.

It was prob 20 years later when i learned we had played another midweek afternoon game...sunderland i think?

Did southampton but the other one completely passed me by

Drawn from Massi culture apparently. It looks pretty impressive.

Had an issue with racist tea towels towels today. Well, not in and of itself but a lot of organisatiions - especially regional ones - were created in a great philathropic boom which means a lot of slave owners money built them.

Thankfully, in this case, once he made his fortune, he became an abolitionist - always good to be able to afford your morals.

• Site Supporter
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I see some Villa fans booed their own players taking the knee today.  Thankfully, the majority drowned them out with applause.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thankfully, the taking the knee is decreasing in popularity, and with any luck, won't see out next season. If it indeed starts it.

I think it’ll fizzle out in the close season.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thankfully, the taking the knee is decreasing in popularity, and with any luck, won't see out next season. If it indeed starts it.

It is a funny one  

If you think it is a good idea and highlighting issues the fact some people boo is actually a reason to keep it going, will be seen as backing down 

if you think it is a bad idea you may continue to boo.

I think most people will be ambivalent or think it has run its course so probably stay quiet either way. 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

It is a funny one  

If you think it is a good idea and highlighting issues the fact some people boo is actually a reason to keep it going, will be seen as backing down 

if you think it is a bad idea you may continue to boo.

I think most people will be ambivalent or think it has run its course so probably stay quiet either way. 

Would you say as a lemon, that is a positive or negative impact 😃