Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

To be fair - the whole point of the term BAME is to group everyone who's not "White British" together. It doesn't really matter what we call it. 

If you then want to drill down into individual definitions of ethnicity then that's great - and useful work under the right circumstances.

But let's be honest - a lot of the debate is about your life chances in the UK as a someone who's "white british" as opposed to someone who's "non white British". In which case it makes sense to have a term which loosely describes those who are "non white British". Which BAME seemed to be doing quite well till last week. 

PS. I've also yet to meet anybody who's ever batted an eyelid at the term BAME. 

Neither had I until 12 months ago, but apparently this is partbof the debate to move away from white/non white because, as you say its a bit too binary and not all ethnic experiences are the same or do people feel the same way about them.

The work I'm doing on EDI is really interesting and we've had a lot of discussions and navigations to cross. Some people do have louder voices in the room and there was an issues that it was being distilled into just race - specifically a black British experience, when diversity and equality has to cover everyone, those under protected characteristics - which includes disability as well as ethnicity - and also those who are not protected characteristics, for example myself as a divorced parent meaning I do need slightly adjusted working hours to ensure I fulfill my duty as a joint carer when the children live in a different city.

I don't think you'd have anyone but the most militant saying please don't use the term BAME, it's a sensitive term that people still use, its just we'll most likely move away from using from such catch all descriptions I would have thought.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story. When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fu

Woah baby...Im not angry!  You say  "Thats where those boos come from. Misaligned cultural battles." Im saying they dont, and know for an absolute fact they dont. Ive been over why they

Help! Help! Somebody please argue with me cos I hate being ignored 😁

Posted Images

8 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Anybody can troll protests all day & selectively post the daftist comments on YouTube to suit your narrative.

Yemeni is a shite journalist & a convicted wife beater. Why anyone would trust his media tactics enough to post on here is beyond me.

Does anyone question sources anymore? We think they have a few good points so we promote their fucked up narrative everywhere.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Anybody can troll protests all day & selectively post the daftist comments on YouTube to suit your narrative.

Yemeni is a shite journalist & a convicted wife beater. Why anyone would trust his media tactics enough to post on here is beyond me.

Does anyone question sources anymore? We think they have a few good points so we promote their fucked up narrative everywhere.

Aye must agree you could pick out plenty of nobs on FLA, EDL marches etc as well.

Rayguns and stealing our jobs lad springs to mind.

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye must agree you could pick out plenty of nobs on FLA, EDL marches etc as well.

Rayguns and stealing our jobs lad springs to mind.

Aye, works both ways. Classic video that 😁

He's a first class cunt Yemini. Problem is folk who are tired of 'mainstream media' are going even further backwards by looking towards sources like him. 

Some of the best discussions around BLM I've heard recently have been on the radio where they've had a variety of folk in from different backgrounds. Often it's the vocal BLM activist who is told their values don't represent black people by another person of colour. You don't need to find a coked up, wife beating twat on youtube to get that point across. 

13 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye, works both ways. Classic video that 😁

He's a first class cunt Yemini. Problem is folk who are tired of 'mainstream media' are going even further backwards by looking towards sources like him. 

Some of the best discussions around BLM I've heard recently have been on the radio where they've had a variety of folk in from different backgrounds. Often it's the vocal BLM activist who is told their values don't represent black people by another person of colour. You don't need to find a coked up, wife beating twat on youtube to get that point across. 

I’m tired of the MSM I don’t go and find sources like him? 

also can you stop repeatedly demonizing all Coke heads. TIA

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

This is indeed correct, though it also applies to many things; like blm too.

Band waggon jumping all over the shop, seems to be pretty much the same group eternally put out by x,y or z. Just need something to complain about or be offended by.

A body has been found that may be that of the missing 19 man from London. 

Be interesting to see if there are mass protests.

54 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m tired of the MSM I don’t go and find sources like him? 

also can you stop repeatedly demonizing all Coke heads. TIA

Well done. Gold star for you 😁

I'm not pal. I'm sure you're bloody lovely company after a bottle of Bucky and a gram of bing. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Well done. Gold star for you 😁

I'm not pal. I'm sure you're bloody lovely company after a bottle of Bucky and a gram of bing. 

Thats before breakfast 

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This is indeed correct, though it also applies to many things; like blm too.

Band waggon jumping all over the shop, seems to be pretty much the same group eternally put out by x,y or z. Just need something to complain about or be offended by.

A body has been found that may be that of the missing 19 man from London. 

Be interesting to see if there are mass protests.

It does 👍

Awful news that. Though it's a very different set of circumstances. The lad was struggling to cope his mother said and left without medication. We don't know yet if anyone else was involved. 

• Site Supporter
On 04/04/2021 at 15:01, Not in Crawley said:

Neither had I until 12 months ago, but apparently this is partbof the debate to move away from white/non white because, as you say its a bit too binary and not all ethnic experiences are the same or do people feel the same way about them.

The work I'm doing on EDI is really interesting and we've had a lot of discussions and navigations to cross. Some people do have louder voices in the room and there was an issues that it was being distilled into just race - specifically a black British experience, when diversity and equality has to cover everyone, those under protected characteristics - which includes disability as well as ethnicity - and also those who are not protected characteristics, for example myself as a divorced parent meaning I do need slightly adjusted working hours to ensure I fulfill my duty as a joint carer when the children live in a different city.

I don't think you'd have anyone but the most militant saying please don't use the term BAME, it's a sensitive term that people still use, its just we'll most likely move away from using from such catch all descriptions I would have thought.

Every application form for a job has this diversity monitoring malarkey.

If we are diverse, why does it matter how you identify, or where you are from etc. 

I do wonder how many jobs I've had my cv passed over, purely as I have a disability.  I once asked what would happen if I left it off, and was told its supplying false information on an application... 

I'm pretty sure you've been misinformed.

However if you don't declare a disability then you more or less waive any right to protection from discrimination or special dispensations (from the employer) on account of it.

As for Cecil, I know folk from producer and/or transit countries and they'd happily see any seized stuff laced with anthrax then sent on its merry way...

Some Israeli boffin who was behind some of the most dazzling 'legal highs' about thirteen years ago reckoned so much money goes into the regular economy from the drugs trade that the marginally profitable synthetics industry was strangled at birth.

Pablo Escobar was once the 7th richest person in the world according to Forbes, so this notion carries some credence.

It's also a powerful vasodilator (cyril, not money).

17 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Every application form for a job has this diversity monitoring malarkey.

If we are diverse, why does it matter how you identify, or where you are from etc. 

I do wonder how many jobs I've had my cv passed over, purely as I have a disability.  I once asked what would happen if I left it off, and was told its supplying false information on an application... 

The monitoring has nothing to do with job selection, it's illegal to do that and whoever told you that was wrong.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

The monitoring has nothing to do with job selection, it's illegal to do that and whoever told you that was wrong.

As is the mythical disabled register. Yet some organisations still ask this question, are you registered as disabled!

19 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm pretty sure you've been misinformed.

However if you don't declare a disability then you more or less waive any right to protection from discrimination or special dispensations (from the employer) on account of it.

As for Cecil, I know folk from producer and/or transit countries and they'd happily see any seized stuff laced with anthrax then sent on its merry way...

Some Israeli boffin who was behind some of the most dazzling 'legal highs' about thirteen years ago reckoned so much money goes into the regular economy from the drugs trade that the marginally profitable synthetics industry was strangled at birth.

Pablo Escobar was once the 7th richest person in the world according to Forbes, so this notion carries some credence.

It's also a powerful vasodilator (cyril, not money).

Fascinating character for a vile druggy thug Ol’ Pablo. Only drug dealer to make the Forbes rich list, whilst on the run from the FBI & DEA he traveled to Washington and posed in front of the White House, owned 4 hippos where they still roam around Columbia today 

Most Colombians think they're well shut of him.

They really dislike stuff like Narcos, Finding Pablo, Sicario etc. that reinvent history and/or paint this quaint picture of him as Patrón...

Last I heard the hippos were doing too well and there was talk of a cull.

History's greatest monster and the most loathed beast in the UK Romesh 'his name's really Jonathan' Ranganathan did a good travelogue on Colombia actually, if folk can get past their blind hatred for him.

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

I see they’ve finally seen sense in Manchester and covered the George Floyd mural up 

Sadly it was just asking to be vandalised 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, royal white said:

I see they’ve finally seen sense in Manchester and covered the George Floyd mural up 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Sadly it was just asking to be vandalised 

That happened last summer 

https://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/news/22072020-manchesters-george-floyd-mural-defaced-with-racial-slur-in-northern-quarter/

Last time i saw it, it was sansa stark 

fFEesds.jpg

All depends on what's "in" at the time

Edited by Zico