Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Its pretty much getting out of control, they will say these are isolated incidents and brush them away. 

I think we can all agree that the BLM movement has been hijacked in some capacity, but the message from their leaders is pretty extreme.

I'm wondering how London Wanderer is going to divert the attention from this lot  ?

Probably start waffling for pages about the state of the slides on Haslam Park ....😉💣

5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

I'm wondering how London Wanderer is going to divert the attention from this lot  ?

Probably start waffling for pages about the state of the slides on Haslam Park ....😉💣

Sigh - Am I now that spokesperson for BLM? 😁

What have you proven with all these posts ? That BLM has some idiots in it? Well done. Look at the Labour Party, The Conservatives, Extinction Rebellion, UKIP, Republicans (the list could go on) - you will find some supporters and rogue members of those organisations who've behaved disgustingly before. 

Most of the people you've discovered in the Daily Mail or on Twitter are just described as supporters or having been involved at some point. For every twat you find there will be 100 down to earth individuals who agree with the idea that Black Lives Matter and want an end to systemic racism. But no doubt though you will be back here tomorrow with another post about a BLM supporter doing something shitty. I could do the same with your beloved Loyalist Defence League 😉 but why waste time.

As for the lass at the Oxford event and the wider beliefs of the movement - yes It is concerning and yes their are some characters damaging the cause. I've said all along that I don't agree with all of their values and tactics. But you knew this. 

Like with other social movements, it's sometimes the loudest and most arrogant that become the spokespeople. But what do we do... scrap the cause because BLM has some tossers in? We're still left with the reality that systemic racism and injustice exists. So what do you think we should we do about it? 

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Sigh - Am I now that spokesperson for BLM? 😁

What have you proven with all these posts ? That BLM has some idiots in it? Well done. Look at the Labour Party, The Conservatives, Extinction Rebellion, UKIP, Republicans (the list could go on) - you will find some supporters and rogue members of those organisations who've behaved disgustingly before. 

Most of the people you've discovered in the Daily Mail or on Twitter are just described as supporters or having been involved at some point. For every twat you find there will be 100 down to earth individuals who agree with the idea that Black Lives Matter and want an end to systemic racism. But no doubt though you will be back here tomorrow with another post about a BLM supporter doing something shitty. I could do the same with your beloved Loyalist Defence League 😉 but why waste time.

As for the lass at the Oxford event and the wider beliefs of the movement - yes It is concerning and yes their are some characters damaging the cause. I've said all along that I don't agree with all of their values and tactics. But you knew this. 

Like with other social movements, it's sometimes the loudest and most arrogant that become the spokespeople. But what do we do... scrap the cause because BLM has some tossers in? We're still left with the reality that systemic racism and injustice exists. So what do you think we should we do about it? 

We should do nothing about it, and keep watching you bite .....I'm going to need a bigger boat 😊

5 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Im starting to wonder if he is swampy in disguise 🤔 

You will have to enlighten me as to who swampy is pal ? 😄

I'll show my snowflake face at an away game next season when we're allowed back in the stands ... Reparation pints for those I've disagreed with the most on here 🍻

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

We should do nothing about it, and keep watching you bite .....I'm going to need a bigger boat 😊

😆  

Let's swap roles pal - I challenge you to post something positive about the Black Lives Matter movement tomorrow and I'll find something negative for ya in return. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

You will have to enlighten me as to who swampy is pal ? 😄

I'll show my snowflake face at an away game next season when we're allowed back in the stands ... Reparation pints for those I've disagreed with the most on here 🍻

Re your other War and Peace post fella.....Wade was a leading BLM activist and co founder of Operation Help and Hush....no doubt not an ordinary supporter , though he did want something hushed up 😉

Same with Sasha Johnson, a very prominent leader of the Oxford lot.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

😆  

Let's swap roles pal - I challenge you to post something positive about the Black Lives Matter movement tomorrow and I'll find something negative for ya in return. 

Well, you'll clearly win as there is nothing positive about them that I can find.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

And i also don't have a problem with any statues that are up all around the UK

On this we agree

What if somebody decided you were getting a Winston Silcott outside your house, though

• Moderators
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Not really, although he was not guilty pf the coppers murder and wrongly convicted, he hasn't done anything worthwhile to merit a statue, the same goes for George Floyd.

You can't start deciding who merits a statue

You said you have no problem with statues

So, if somebody sticks Silcott in Grey Avenue, you will need to live with it

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

He was that character off Corrie, tied himself and thowd Emily Bishop to a tree in protest over something or other 

That Corrie character was called "Spider". 'Swampy' was an Environmental Activist who achieved fame in the 90's for living in a series of underground tunnels he'd dug to disrupt the building of a new road.

Edited by Cheese